U20's Club 2018/19

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

U20's Club 2018/19

Postby TrapperChamonix » October 31st, 2018, 10:42 am

JP Fanagan Premier 1

Sun 07/10/2018

15:00
Clontarf
43 (7) V 23 (3)
Terenure College RFC
Castle Avenue


15:00
Dublin University
38 (6) V 3 (0)
Blackrock College RFC
College Park


15:00
Lansdowne
21 (3) V 5 (1)
MU Barnhall
Lansdowne Road


15:00
UCD
31 (5) V 30 (5)
Old Belvedere
Belfield
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby TrapperChamonix » October 31st, 2018, 10:43 am

JP Fanagan Premier 1 Round 2


Sun 14/10/2018

15:00
MU Barnhall
13 (1) V 34 (6)
Clontarf
Parsonstown

15:00
Old Belvedere
8 (1) V 56 (8)
Dublin University
Anglesea Road

15:00
Terenure College RFC
22 (3) V 19 (3)
UCD
Lakelands Park


Mon 15/10/2018
20:00
Blackrock College RFC
14 (2) V 39 (5)
Lansdowne
Stradbrook
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby TrapperChamonix » October 31st, 2018, 10:44 am

JP Fanagan Premier 1 Round 3


Sun 21/10/2018

12:00
Lansdowne
26 (4) V 25 (3)
Old Belvedere
Lansdowne Road


15:00
Clontarf
82 (12) V 7 (1)
Blackrock College RFC
Castle Avenue


Sun 28/10/2018

15:00
Dublin University
41 (5) V 17 (2)
UCD
College Park


15:00
Terenure College RFC
31 (4) V 22 (3)
MU Barnhall
Lakelands Park




Pos Team Pld W L D PF PA Diff BP BP W BP L Ded Pts
1 Clontarf 3 3 0 0 159 43 116 3 3 0 0 15
2 Dublin University 3 3 0 0 135 28 107 3 3 0 0 15
3 Lansdowne 3 3 0 0 86 44 42 2 2 0 0 14
4 Terenure College RFC 3 2 1 0 76 84 -8 1 1 0 0 9
5 UCD 3 1 2 0 67 93 -26 2 1 1 0 6
6 Old Belvedere 3 0 3 0 63 113 -50 3 1 2 0 3
7 MU Barnhall 3 0 3 0 40 86 -46 0 0 0 0 0
8 Blackrock College RFC 3 0 3 0 24 159 -135 0 0 0 0 0
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby ormond lad » October 31st, 2018, 6:15 pm

Only one round in divisions 2 and 3 played to date
Division 2
Galwegians 15 St Marys College 7
Greystones 15 Dublin University 29
Old Wesley 18 Old Belvedere 15
Buccaneers 26 NUIG 29

Division 3
Naas 24 Clontarf 26
Bective Rangers 31 Ashbourne 13
Seapoint conceded to Cill Dara
Skerries 33 Coolmine 24
Tullamore 46 North Kildare 33
Wanderers 5 Navan 62
DLSP 18 UCD 20
ormond lad
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 460
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby Ruckedtobits » November 1st, 2018, 8:36 am

ormond lad wrote:Only one round in divisions 2 and 3 played to date
Division 2
Galwegians 15 St Marys College 7
Greystones 15 Dublin University 29
Old Wesley 18 Old Belvedere 15
Buccaneers 26 NUIG 29

Division 3
Naas 24 Clontarf 26
Bective Rangers 31 Ashbourne 13
Seapoint conceded to Cill Dara
Skerries 33 Coolmine 24
Tullamore 46 North Kildare 33
Wanderers 5 Navan 62
DLSP 18 UCD 20


UCD & Clontarf having side in Div 1 and also Div 3, is not a good development for Club rugby. U.20 players should be playing with the Club who developed them, not the Club who recruited them to act as training fodder whilst the best of the litter are training with Leinster Academy. Prefer to see a Seapoint U.20 team or a stronger Greystones Squad, than double-team dominance by UCD, Clontarf, Dub Univ or Lansdowne.
Ruckedtobits
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3681
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby TrapperChamonix » November 1st, 2018, 11:14 am

Ruckedtobits wrote:UCD & Clontarf having side in Div 1 and also Div 3, is not a good development for Club rugby. U.20 players should be playing with the Club who developed them, not the Club who recruited them to act as training fodder whilst the best of the litter are training with Leinster Academy. Prefer to see a Seapoint U.20 team or a stronger Greystones Squad, than double-team dominance by UCD, Clontarf, Dub Univ or Lansdowne.


I do understand the point, but there are other counter arguments.
Re UCD & DUFC: Its not unreasonable for guys (& girls) coming out of school to want to represent the university they are attending. Becoming part of a new environment is a fundamental part of the experience and it helps them to get to meet people beyond their own course. Lets also remember the number of non Dublin players coming in to the university (& other) clubs.
Re Clontarf, its note worthy that while they field 2 teams, Coolmine & Skerries also field U20 teams. The other 2 teams in their geographical sphere are Malahide and Suttonians. My understanding for both of those clubs the lack of a team was more about the particular age group coming through rather than a player drain to Tarf.
If you talk to the players leaving the school system a number of them have 2 main desires; 1) a training/support set up that closely mirrors what they had in school & 2) they are looking to test themselves to their limit. Can they make the step up to the "big league". Some will & some won't but they all want the chance to try.
The good news from the universities is that they should come back to the clubs in time.
Last edited by TrapperChamonix on November 2nd, 2018, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby ormond lad » November 1st, 2018, 9:57 pm

TrapperChamonix wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:UCD & Clontarf having side in Div 1 and also Div 3, is not a good development for Club rugby. U.20 players should be playing with the Club who developed them, not the Club who recruited them to act as training fodder whilst the best of the litter are training with Leinster Academy. Prefer to see a Seapoint U.20 team or a stronger Greystones Squad, than double-team dominance by UCD, Clontarf, Dub Univ or Lansdowne.


I do understand the point, but there are other counter arguments.
Re UCD & DUFC: Its not unreasonable for guys (& girls) coming out of school to want to represent the university they are attending. Becoming part of a new environment is a fundamental part of the experience and it helps them to get to meet people beyond their own course. Lets also remember the number of non Dublin players coming in to the university (& other) clubs.
Re Clontarf, its note worthy that while they field 2 teams, Coolmine & Skerries also field U20 teams. The other 2 teams in their geographical sphere are Malahide and Suttonians. My understanding for both of those clubs the lack of a team was more about the particular age group coming through rather than a player drain to Tarf.
If you talk to the players leaving the school system a number of them have 2 main desires; 1) a training/support set up that closely mirrors what they had in school & 2) they are looking to test themselves to their limit. Can they make the step up to the "big league". Some will & some won't but they all want the chance to try.
The good news from the universities is that they should come back to the clubs in time.
The lack of a Navan team this year is disappointing given their win in the Fraser McMullen Cup in 2017.
It isnt unreasonable to represent their university but there is some(dont know how many) playing rugby for trinity/UCD who dont attend trinity/ucd....
ormond lad
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 460
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby TrapperChamonix » November 2nd, 2018, 9:43 am

ormond lad wrote: It isnt unreasonable to represent their university but there is some(dont know how many) playing rugby for trinity/UCD who dont attend trinity/ucd....


True and that does seem odd.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » November 5th, 2018, 11:26 am

UCD 27 - Barnhall 22 (from looking at table Barnhall got double bonus)

Trinity 32 - Lansdowne 23

Belvo 20 - Clontarf 36

Blackrock 14 Terenure 31
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby TrapperChamonix » November 6th, 2018, 2:48 pm

Standings are currently
1. Clontarf W4 L0
1. Trinity W4 L0
3. Lansdowne W3 L1
3. Terenure W3 L1
4. UCD W2 L2
5 to 6. . Old Belvo, Barnhall & Rock

The next 2 rounds sees the top 4 go head to head

Nov 11
Clontarf v Trinity
Lansdowne v UCD
Barnhall v Old Belvo
Terenure v Rock

Nov 25
Trinity v Terenure
Lansdowne v Clontarf
Old Belvo v Barnhall
UCD v Rock
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » November 6th, 2018, 2:55 pm

TrapperChamonix wrote:Standings are currently
1. Clontarf W4 L0
1. Trinity W4 L0
3. Lansdowne W3 L1
3. Terenure W3 L1
4. UCD W2 L2
5 to 6. . Old Belvo, Barnhall & Rock

The next 2 rounds sees the top 4 go head to head

Nov 11
Clontarf v Trinity
Lansdowne v UCD
Barnhall v Old Belvo
Terenure v Rock

Nov 25
Trinity v Terenure
Lansdowne v Clontarf
Old Belvo v Barnhall
UCD v Rock


were you at the trinity lansdowne game at the weekend?
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby TrapperChamonix » November 6th, 2018, 4:56 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:were you at the trinity lansdowne game at the weekend?


Yes. Trinity were down a 2 or 3 players to Leinster 19's and Ireland 7s camps. Not sure if / how many Lansdowne might be missing. Madigans x 2 and Healy 2nd row were the only ones I recognised. Someone said their No 6 was from Ashbourne RFC.
The lead went back and forward a few times. Pretty physical (not dirty) contest. Every time Trinity looked to be pulling ahead Lansdowne scored some cracking long range try from their wingers (not sure if it was one or both). Tide only turned in the last 10 or 15 mins. Definitely Trinitys toughest opposition to date.

3 more games gets them 1/2 way through the league (having played everyone)
Clontarf play Trinity, Lansdowne and UCD
Terenure play Old Belvo, Trinity & Lansdowne
Trinity play Clontarf, Terenure and Barnhall
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » November 6th, 2018, 5:53 pm

TrapperChamonix wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:were you at the trinity lansdowne game at the weekend?


Yes. Trinity were down a 2 or 3 players to Leinster 19's and Ireland 7s camps. Not sure if / how many Lansdowne might be missing. Madigans x 2 and Healy 2nd row were the only ones I recognised. Someone said their No 6 was from Ashbourne RFC.
The lead went back and forward a few times. Pretty physical (not dirty) contest. Every time Trinity looked to be pulling ahead Lansdowne scored some cracking long range try from their wingers (not sure if it was one or both). Tide only turned in the last 10 or 15 mins. Definitely Trinitys toughest opposition to date.

3 more games gets them 1/2 way through the league (having played everyone)
Clontarf play Trinity, Lansdowne and UCD
Terenure play Old Belvo, Trinity & Lansdowne
Trinity play Clontarf, Terenure and Barnhall


Thanks, any idea of the teamsheet for trinity?
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby TrapperChamonix » November 7th, 2018, 8:47 am

15. Aran Egan 14.Clinton Wokocha 13. Hugh Towmey 12. Ethan 11. Liam McMahon 10. Mick O'Kennedy 9. Louis O'Reilly 8. Mathew Martin 7. Adam Corcoran 6. Rueben Pimm 5. James Murphy 4. Rory Clarke . 3.?? 2. ?? 1. Gusippe Coyne
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » November 7th, 2018, 9:18 am

TrapperChamonix wrote:15. Aran Egan 14.Clinton Wokocha 13. Hugh Towmey 12. Ethan 11. Liam McMahon 10. Mick O'Kennedy 9. Louis O'Reilly 8. Mathew Martin 7. Adam Corcoran 6. Rueben Pimm 5. James Murphy 4. Rory Clarke . 3.?? 2. ?? 1. Gusippe Coyne


Thanks, much appreciated.

Interesting to see Pim back from injury, wonder will he get a look in with the 1sts.
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby flustered » November 7th, 2018, 12:56 pm

any teamsheet for Landsdowne
flustered
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 329
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 12:44 pm

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby TrapperChamonix » November 13th, 2018, 9:24 am

Clontarf 33 - 21 Trinity
Lansdowne 13 - 12 UCD
Barnhall MU 24 - 6 Blackrock
Terenure 19 - 25 Old Belvedere

'Tarf make it 5 victories from 5 and end Trinitys unbeaten run with a very impressive performance & a bonus point. Played the conditions very well. Big physical pack with lots of threat out wide.
Belvo getting a long over due win as they have had two 1 point losses already.
Lansdowne narrow win keeps them in 3rd.
No games this week end but the tie of the next round on 25th is Lansdowne at home to Clontarf.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » November 13th, 2018, 9:32 am

TrapperChamonix wrote:Clontarf 33 - 21 Trinity
Lansdowne 13 - 12 UCD
Barnhall MU 24 - 6 Blackrock
Terenure 19 - 25 Old Belvedere

'Tarf make it 5 victories from 5 and end Trinitys unbeaten run with a very impressive performance & a bonus point. Played the conditions very well. Big physical pack with lots of threat out wide.
Belvo getting a long over due win as they have had two 1 point losses already.
Lansdowne narrow win keeps them in 3rd.
No games this week end but the tie of the next round on 25th is Lansdowne at home to Clontarf.


Any idea on Trinity teamsheet?

UCD U20 side from loss to Lansdowne

1. Mike Varnam
2. Bobby Sheehan(u19)
3. Chris Hennessy
4. Conor Moore
5. Rory Corr
6. Cian Prendergast(u19)
7. Mark Fleming
8. Cian Reilly
9. Shane Murphy(u19)
10. David Moran
11. Alex O'Grady
12. Jay Barron
13. David Ryan
14. Aaron O'Sullivan
15. Luke Maloney
16. Charlie Byrne
17. Caleb Powell
18. Mark Smith
19. Robin Stokes
20. Henry McCoskey
21. James Tarrant
22. Harry Donnelly

Clontarf 22 v Trinity

1- Daragh Bolger
2- Killian Hickey
3- Charlie Ward(u19)
4 - Fionn Gilbert(u19)
5- Brian Deeney(u19)
6- Grellan Murray
7- Adam Fleming
8- Ruadhan Byron
9- Mark O'Sullivan
10- Conor Kelly
11- Sam Barry
12- Frankie O'Dea
13- Darragh Kelly
14- Jordan Wilkes
15- Tadhg Bird

16- Declan Adamson
17- Jonathan Bell
18- Zach Sattar
19- Jacob Maguire
20- Greg Petherbridge
21- David Hawkshaw
22- Seni Reilly Ashiru

Belvo Team v Terenure

1- Patrick Prendergast
2- Caoimhghin Bradshaw
3- Cyr Bakekolo
4- Gerard Hill
5- Daniel Beggs
6- Daniel carson
7- Ethan Baxter(u19)
8- Martin Moloney
9- Paraic Cagney
10- Aaron O'Neill
11- Charlie Allen
12- Ben O'Shea(u19)
13- Christopher Carey
14- Ted Walsh
15- John Gilheany
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby TrapperChamonix » November 13th, 2018, 11:00 am

Trinity

1- Giuseppe Coyne
2- Stephen Gray
3- Thomas Clarkson
4- Rory Clarke
5- James Murphy
6- Rueben Pimm
7- Adam Corcoran
8- Matt Martin
9- Louis O'Reilly
10- Mick O'Kennedy
11- Ronan Quinn
12- Ethan Green
13- Luis Faria
14- Liam McMahon
15- Aran Egan
Last edited by TrapperChamonix on November 14th, 2018, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » November 13th, 2018, 11:26 am

TrapperChamonix wrote:Trinity

1- Giuseppe Coyne
2-
3- Thomas Clarkson
4- Rory Clarke
5- James Murphy
6- Rueben Pimm
7- Adam Corcoran
8- Matt Martin
9- Louis O'Reilly
10- Mick O'Kennedy
11- Ronan Quinn
12- Ethan Green
13- Luis Faria
14- Liam McMahon
15- Aran Egan


Thanks, strong side.

Which players have impressed you the most from the game you've seen?
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Next

Return to Domestic Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest