Dublin University (Trinity)

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

jedifart
Knowledgeable

Dublin University (Trinity)

Post by jedifart »

I've never yet been to a game in College Park, but will be this Saturday for Barnhall's match there. Can anyone tell me if the ground is actually within the grounds of Trinity or elsewhere? If it's within the grounds, where exectly? Ta!
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

Depends whether you go in the front entrance or the back. I advise to go in the front, there's a map there and that should show where college park is.

IF you do go through the front, walk through front square and head to the right, walk along the back of the old library(book of kells building!) and then into the next square, museum square, keep walking along the right side of that square, in the corner, there's a path that leads to the right, there you'll see the cricket pitch on the right, the rugby pitch on the left.

It is quicker to go through the Lincon place entrance, but if yuo don't know Trinity, the front is prob better. It is quite easy, if not just stop and ask someone that isn't an American tourist.
Colm
Mullet

Re: Dublin University (Trinity)

Post by Colm »

jedifart wrote:I've never yet been to a game in College Park, but will be this Saturday for Barnhall's match there. Can anyone tell me if the ground is actually within the grounds of Trinity or elsewhere? If it's within the grounds, where exectly? Ta!
See the map below for the Rugby Ground ... As Sexy Rexy pointed out - Keep walking straight from Front Entrance and you can't miss it. Oh, and if the match is brutal then you can always go and get rubbered in the PAV (Marked Pavillion on the map).

jedifart
Knowledgeable

Post by jedifart »

Perfect. Thank you both!
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Went there last year. Advise you to go in from the front (College Green/Dame St)... The rear entrance is sometimes closed on Saturdays :shock: :shock:
T - 45