So . . .

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

how many people that post here are involved with a rugby club

player (any standard, barring injuries)
41%
running of the club (coaching, admin)
12%
alickadoo
4%
why bother with club rugby
10%
my kids playing has priority over my rugby career
No votes
tag during the summer
12%
mitigating circumstance (age, illness, whatever you're having yourself)
20%

Total votes: 49

Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

I was Hooker for DIT. Had a bit of a mare :oops:

Actually the whole game was pretty cr@p, the ref liked using his wistle alot too.
Have you a game tomorrow?
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

D'arce I went training with DCU on Monday night - me and another bloke from Unidare. Where you there? We were trying to recruit a few more of your players - last year we had Duncan, Denis and Jeff. This year we just have Jeff :lol: Your training is a good bit better than ours - all your lads are young, fit and enthusiastic whereas all our boys are old, fat and bitter.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Sundy wrote:I was Hooker for DIT. Had a bit of a mare :oops:

Actually the whole game was pretty cr@p, the ref liked using his wistle alot too.
Have you a game tomorrow?
Oh right. Contrats btw. Yeah, the ref was shocking. He hadn't a clue. left no gap for an engagement at scrum time. It think a draw would have been fair, but we only have ourselves to blame for not takin our chances. By god we had enough of them. We're playin NUI Maynooth tomorrow. Not Playing as im off to Limerick for the A game.

Duff Paddy wrote:D'arce I went training with DCU on Monday night - me and another bloke from Unidare. Where you there? We were trying to recruit a few more of your players - last year we had Duncan, Denis and Jeff. This year we just have Jeff :lol: Your training is a good bit better than ours - all your lads are young, fit and enthusiastic whereas all our boys are old, fat and bitter.
No way. I was there. I was the fat lad in the old school Ireland Away jersey and black shorts. TBH, im thinkin of maybe playin a bit with you boys. Im prob not gonna get a lot of game time with DCU, too many lads ahead of me and im just not match fit yet :evil:. Only thinkin mind, im mad busy with college. Which one were you. The taller lad or the shorter lad? I dig the jerseys btw. Whats you're deal with training and sh!t???
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Darce wrote: No way. I was there. I was the fat lad in the old school Ireland Away jersey and black shorts. TBH, im thinkin of maybe playin a bit with you boys. Im prob not gonna get a lot of game time with DCU, too many lads ahead of me and im just not match fit yet :evil:. Only thinkin mind, im mad busy with college. Which one were you. The taller lad or the shorter lad? I dig the jerseys btw. Whats you're deal with training and sh!t???
Training is at 7.30 on Thursdays.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Darce wrote:
No way. I was there. I was the fat lad in the old school Ireland Away jersey and black shorts. TBH, im thinkin of maybe playin a bit with you boys. Im prob not gonna get a lot of game time with DCU, too many lads ahead of me and im just not match fit yet :evil:. Only thinkin mind, im mad busy with college. Which one were you. The taller lad or the shorter lad? I dig the jerseys btw. Whats you're deal with training and sh!t???
There were a lot of people there so I'd probably know you if I saw you again but just remember exactly. We'd love to have you - just come down 7.30 on Thursday - very nice bunch and always happy to see new faces down. We play on Saturdays and if you bother your arse at training, you'll usually get a game. We've had a good few DCU lads train or play with us over the past two seasons - Alan Duncan, Denis, Jeff, Abdul, Paul and a few others - all of them seem to enjoy themselves.

I was the taller of the two btw - we hoped to have more of us out, but it was good to see how another team trains. Your forwards coach seems good - although he really focked up Abduls throwing style :lol:
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

My god are Unidare the new New Zealand? If your looking for players I hear there is a wacko Nordie cousin fondler looking for a game
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

epaddy wrote:My god are Unidare the new New Zealand? If your looking for players I hear there is a wacko Nordie cousin fondler looking for a game
Eh no
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Actually I do remember you now. Big fella! :lol: We're decidedly lacking bulk at Unidare so get your arse down.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Really, a shame

Im currently trying to pluck up the courage to go back to rugby. Its been too long. My take me till next season to do it though
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

epaddy wrote:My god are Unidare the new New Zealand? If your looking for players I hear there is a wacko Nordie cousin fondler looking for a game
Firstly, it's not poaching - DCU isn't a senior club like UCD or Trinity, they play in the colleges rugby with matches on Wednesdays so their lads are free to play on the weekend with us if they like. Plus, they're often looking for a club to join after they finish in DCU.

Secondly, the less said about the special one, the better.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

epaddy wrote:Really, a shame

Im currently trying to pluck up the courage to go back to rugby. Its been too long. My take me till next season to do it though
Join westwood, get yourself a tub of creatine and I'll whip you into shape.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Darce wrote:
There were a lot of people there so I'd probably know you if I saw you again but just remember exactly. We'd love to have you - just come down 7.30 on Thursday - very nice bunch and always happy to see new faces down. We play on Saturdays and if you bother your arse at training, you'll usually get a game. We've had a good few DCU lads train or play with us over the past two seasons - Alan Duncan, Denis, Jeff, Abdul, Paul and a few others - all of them seem to enjoy themselves.

I was the taller of the two btw - we hoped to have more of us out, but it was good to see how another team trains. Your forwards coach seems good - although he really focked up Abduls throwing style :lol:
Thats what Abdul would have you believe, where as in fact the little runt never could throw the damn thing. Yeah, steve's a great coach. really knows his sh!t. takes no bullshit either
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Had my first real tough contact session in nearly 2 years tonight and all i can say is that it hurts
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

thecoolfreak wrote:

Had my first real tough contact session in nearly 2 years tonight and all i can say is that it hurts
a blast of the ice baths will sort you out. :lol:

Well done on getting back, there's nothing harder than actually going back to rugby training after being injured for a while
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Player. Loose head prop
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

On Erasmus for the year in Rouen. Playing with a club and the university in France. Well, have played a match for the Uni, but have only trained so far with the club. Usually perform the role of comical Irish lad who does'nt understand a word of what's being said.
Oscar
Mullet

Post by Oscar »

Played in the Leinster league D3 for the last 2 seasons, but I'm back in the States now, so I'll be playing D2 here.

I'd like to get into coaching one day.
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

Duff Paddy wrote:D'arce I went training with DCU on Monday night - me and another bloke from Unidare. Where you there? We were trying to recruit a few more of your players - last year we had Duncan, Denis and Jeff. This year we just have Jeff :lol: Your training is a good bit better than ours - all your lads are young, fit and enthusiastic whereas all our boys are old, fat and bitter.

Went to DCU myself and a lad I knew from rugby there ended up in Unidare. He was an out-half by the name of Cremin. Came from Ballina originally....and one of the most overrated sacks of sh*te you'll ever see!

btw, do you really think its wise endorsing creatine?
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

tate wrote:
thecoolfreak wrote:

a blast of the ice baths will sort you out. :lol:

Well done on getting back, there's nothing harder than actually going back to rugby training after being injured for a while
Fock off, them ice baths are only being taken after matches and thats it.
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Duff, I'd no idea you were Unidare? and creatine isn't all that good btw.
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'