So . . .

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

how many people that post here are involved with a rugby club

player (any standard, barring injuries)
41%
running of the club (coaching, admin)
12%
alickadoo
4%
why bother with club rugby
10%
my kids playing has priority over my rugby career
No votes
tag during the summer
12%
mitigating circumstance (age, illness, whatever you're having yourself)
20%

Total votes: 49

Munsterboy
Mullet

Post by Munsterboy »

I demand that there be a 'Bandwagon Jumper' option added.
We're all red on the inside.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

tones wrote:
btw, do you really think its wise endorsing creatine?
When have I ever endorsed creatine?

I'm starting whey protein shakes as I'm gymming it a lot lately and have been asking anybody in the know for advice but I've never intentionally endorsed their use or the use of creatine.
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

Duff Paddy wrote:
tones wrote:
btw, do you really think its wise endorsing creatine?
When have I ever endorsed creatine?

I'm starting whey protein shakes as I'm gymming it a lot lately and have been asking anybody in the know for advice but I've never intentionally endorsed their use or the use of creatine.
Didn't you comment on getting a tub of creatine or something? Endorsing may be the wrong word (although someone else did pick up on your comment as well) maybe encouraging would be more apt. Either way, its f*ckin risky sh*t mostly used by 20 year olds, stupid biffo weightlifters or lads just starting on weights.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Duff Paddy wrote:
epaddy wrote:Really, a shame

Im currently trying to pluck up the courage to go back to rugby. Its been too long. My take me till next season to do it though
Join westwood, get yourself a tub of creatine and I'll whip you into shape.
Eh Duffer.....

In fairness, I assumed you were joking.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Donny B. wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
epaddy wrote:Really, a shame

Im currently trying to pluck up the courage to go back to rugby. Its been too long. My take me till next season to do it though
Join westwood, get yourself a tub of creatine and I'll whip you into shape.
Eh Duffer.....

Of course it was a joke. Jesus! Have to watch your p's and q's around here.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

PS I should add that epaddy is a mate of mine (no doubt he'll have an hilarious response to this) in real life and he'd know it was a joke as well. Maybe I should have put a smiley after it for the benefit of others.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote: Join westwood, get yourself a tub of creatine and I'll whip you into shape.
Eh Duffer.....

Of course it was a joke. Jesus! Have to watch your p's and q's around here.
Hey, give out to Tones!

Like I said, I took it as a joke.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

tones wrote:
Didn't you comment on getting a tub of creatine or something? Endorsing may be the wrong word (although someone else did pick up on your comment as well) maybe encouraging would be more apt.
I was involved in a debate about the best supplements with the resident lf.com expert on the matter, Beer Baron. I never endorsed the use of creatine - how could I when I've never used it myself? A large section of rugby players take protein shakes and many take creatine - I was just canvassing opinion about it.
Either way, its f*ckin risky sh*t mostly used by 20 year olds, stupid biffo weightlifters or lads just starting on weights
No offence, but that's just hysteria, with no basis in fact.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Duff Paddy wrote:
tones wrote:
Didn't you comment on getting a tub of creatine or something? Endorsing may be the wrong word (although someone else did pick up on your comment as well) maybe encouraging would be more apt.
I was involved in a debate about the best supplements with the resident lf.com expert on the matter, Beer Baron. I never endorsed the use of creatine - how could I when I've never used it myself? A large section of rugby players take protein shakes and many take creatine - I was just canvassing opinion about it.
Either way, its f*ckin risky sh*t mostly used by 20 year olds, stupid biffo weightlifters or lads just starting on weights
Thats just the creatine talking :P
I have Bumbleflex
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Duff Paddy wrote:
tones wrote:
It is just hysteria with a pinch of bad press because two wrestlers who were using creatine in the US died whilst doing all sorts of ludicrous sh!t to try and make weight, this included, running and exercising wearing pvc suits, not drinking any water, as you can imagine, they died of heart failure.

Anyway back to the thread, what div are Unidare in Duff?
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Thats just the creatine talking :P
I'll kill you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Beer Baron -

J4 section B

We had an epic match against you last season under the lights in your grounds - really brilliant game of rugby. Your (banger) number 8 scored a stunning drop goal. You've a very good team but Gick's closed J4 team are very strong and Greystones are having a massive resurgence at junior level.
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Duff Paddy wrote:Beer Baron -

J4 section B

We had an epic match against you last season under the lights in your grounds - really brilliant game of rugby. Your (banger) number 8 scored a stunning drop goal. You've a very good team but Gick's closed J4 team are very strong and Greystones are having a massive resurgence at junior level.
Ashbrook will do that to you! :wink:
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

Duff Paddy wrote:
tones wrote:

Duffer, sorry didn't realise you were joking. Apologies. As for the other comment, it's based on who I've seen using it! If there are others who use it, well then add them to the list!
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

tones wrote: No offence, but that's just hysteria, with no basis in fact.

Duffer, sorry didn't realise you were joking. Apologies. As for the other comment, it's based on who I've seen using it! If there are others who use it, well then add them to the list![/quote]

No worries at all. Always a danger of being misinterpreted on message boards, as it's difficult to convey tone even with stupid smilies.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Beer Baron wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Beer Baron -

J4 section B

Ashbrook will do that to you! :wink:
Getting some of the firsts to haul their arses off the barstools in the clubhouse and kit out at half time helped. :wink:

But certainly that was a brilliant game.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

Duff Paddy wrote:
tones wrote: No offence, but that's just hysteria, with no basis in fact.

Duffer, sorry didn't realise you were joking. Apologies. As for the other comment, it's based on who I've seen using it! If there are others who use it, well then add them to the list!
No worries at all. Always a danger of being misinterpreted on message boards, as it's difficult to convey tone even with stupid smilies.[/quote]

Yeah mental note in future on my part!
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Duff Paddy wrote:PS I should add that epaddy is a mate of mine (no doubt he'll have an hilarious response to this) in real life and he'd know it was a joke as well. Maybe I should have put a smiley after it for the benefit of others.
Yay ive made friends with some sad geek from the net with over 40,000 posts on rugby to his name. Highlight of my life right there
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

What happened to anthoney foley?
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Played J's and S (roysh)....then played club rugby. But went to the darkside in college playing for UCD at soccer...... :oops:

Play tag currently.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us