So . . .

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

how many people that post here are involved with a rugby club

player (any standard, barring injuries)
41%
running of the club (coaching, admin)
12%
alickadoo
4%
why bother with club rugby
10%
my kids playing has priority over my rugby career
No votes
tag during the summer
12%
mitigating circumstance (age, illness, whatever you're having yourself)
20%

Total votes: 49

tate
Shane Horgan

So . . .

Post by tate »

Just out of interest
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
dingbat
Mullet

Post by dingbat »

Not really able to go back to full contact rugby since I wrecked my shoulder :(.

I play soccer and perhaps more tag rugby than humanly possible.
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Re: So . . .

Post by claire_m »

tate wrote:Just out of interest
Used to play, and was on committee, but since retiring 18 months ago, I just watch. Would like to play touch or tag though.
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

i was beyond useless at proper rugby in school so i never played with a club. attend club rugby regularly, but have no actual involvement with the club.
I am the one who knocks!
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

ruck wrote:i was beyond useless at proper rugby in school so i never played with a club. attend club rugby regularly, but have no actual involvement with the club.
well now ruck, you're just being difficult arent you :wink: How could i possibly have thought of an option like that :roll: :lol:
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

i demand it be added as an option in the poll :lol:
I am the one who knocks!
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

Can click on two answers there. Involved in coaching, against my will, and am coming back from injury - limiting what I can do in training at the moment.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Watched rugby every weekend as a kid, and at 15 and after moving to Dublin joined a club (guess..??). Have played for 22 years (if you knock off time for injuries) in all and absolutely loved it.

Have been resting due to neck injury for about eight months, in the hope that my rugby career isn't finished yet. Did the London Irish thing in the past when injured, Sunbury was great Craic, but the Reading gig just doesn't ring true at all so after two visits I don't go there now.

The playing sated my frustration at not being able to attend Connacht games in the past, so I'm hoping to get back on the paddock for another few years at least or to win the lottery at last.. :wink:
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Skyhawk
Mullet

Post by Skyhawk »

Club Player & summer Tagger.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Went back playing a few seasons ago after many years out and am now a committee member. Playing career shuddering to a halt... too many niggles. :cry:
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

I can't vote as you place no value on being a Leisnter supporter. You should have an option something like - supporter of professional club rugby - because as has been argued here many times before - Leinster are to all intents and purposes our club.

However, I played mini, school, under age, college, club and after stopping playing I refereed a bit.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
groundhog
Knowledgeable

Post by groundhog »

Coach youths and J2, play J3 and also member of the executive committee...

Get to Donnybrook or Lansdowne when I can and watch on average 4 games a week.....

For anyone not involved in a club, every club has shortage of volunteers and you'll no doubt be welcomed with open arms. Getting involved with the mini's is a great start....
The French pulled up the Scots' kilts and discovered they had no balls - Zinzan Brooke
dingbat
Mullet

Post by dingbat »

Uncle Mort wrote:I can't vote as you place no value on being a Leisnter supporter. You should have an option something like - supporter of professional club rugby - because as has been argued here many times before - Leinster are to all intents and purposes our club.
In fairness, considering we're posting on the leinsterfans board, that's a given...
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

dingbat wrote:
Uncle Mort wrote:I can't vote as you place no value on being a Leisnter supporter. You should have an option something like - supporter of professional club rugby - because as has been argued here many times before - Leinster are to all intents and purposes our club.
In fairness, considering we're posting on the leinsterfans board, that's a given...
Which is fair enough but there's no category - not even an Anthony Foley - for me to vote in.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Play and admin in DCU
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Uncle Mort wrote:
dingbat wrote:
Which is fair enough but there's no category - not even an Anthony Foley - for me to vote in.
i didnt want a foley option in cos it just would ruin my poll :roll: Dingbat is correct, i presume that those who vote support one of the four provinces/a professional team of some description. I am also aware that many people, like groundhog, perform multiple tasks, but alas only one option can be voted on

Keep the votes coming, how can there be 230 odd visits but only 21 votes?

PS: thanks mods for getting rid of the other one
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

UM you can vote in the mitigating circumstances option, which is the catch all option of the poll.

Also to the people who voted for why bother, can i ask why? If we take that attitude we will end up like scotland where playing numbers are down and so too are the fortunes of the national side. Unless you think rugby should only exist as an elite sport, where only the very biggest and best can play? Again, just curious, no WUMming
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

Play and am a Midlands Tag Rugby All Star i'll have you know!!!

8)
Leinster-Heineken European Cup Champions 2007
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

Darce wrote:Play and admin in DCU
Did you play against DIT last wednesday night?
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Sundy wrote:
Darce wrote:Play and admin in DCU
Did you play against DIT last wednesday night?
I didnt play as im not fit. I was linesman tho
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on