College Rugby Thread

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

Well Darce did DCU play today?

We beat DKIT 20-19. A good enough team with a really good tighthead prop.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Sundy wrote:Well Darce did DCU play today?

We beat DKIT 20-19. A good enough team with a really good tighthead prop.
Negative Sundy. We were due to play RCSI but it didn't happen. Probably due to the fact that we(DCU) had a formal clubs and societies ball on Monday night in the Burlo(Where i met some if the PI Boys). We're deffo playing DKIT next Wednesday. We were also due to play NUIM but the pitch was unplayable last wednesday.

So we can expect a tight game too next wednesday so?
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

Darce wrote:
Yeah definately, watch out for that tighthead and all of the front row are good at ball carrying. their lineout is an area you could target alrite.
The back line is ok too they have an ex-leinster schools centre and a usefull outhalf too.

Good luck it will be a hard game you will have to work hard to beat them we just nicked it with a last minute drop goal.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Sundy wrote:
Darce wrote:
Yeah definately, watch out for that tighthead and all of the front row are good at ball carrying. their lineout is an area you could target alrite.
The back line is ok too they have an ex-leinster schools centre and a usefull outhalf too.

Good luck it will be a hard game you will have to work hard to beat them we just nicked it with a last minute drop goal.
nice one mate. wish i could fill you in on a couple of the teams, but we've not played a game since you lot
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Sundy,

Did you lot really put 60 points on NUIM??? Or is it a mis print on the results sheet?
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

Darce wrote:Sundy,

Did you lot really put 60 points on NUIM??? Or is it a mis print on the results sheet?
Yeah we sure did! One of those games where everything goes right. Hard luck on losing, that DKIT team are fairly good though. Dont think that prop i was talking about played.
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Sundy wrote:
Darce wrote:Sundy,

Yeah we sure did! One of those games where everything goes right. Hard luck on losing, that DKIT team are fairly good though. Dont think that prop i was talking about played.
fair dinkum. We're playin a rearranged fixture vs them on wednesday. I wasn't playing on last wednesday but we threw it away. They got the first score then we pulled it back to 5-5, then gave away 3 silly pens. Their kicker was fantastic! Slotted a few from 40 yards at an angle in blustery conditions. But in all fairness, if we didn't give them pens away, they'd have scored fock all as the defense was out standing at times
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

Yeah thats unlucky alrite. How come your playin them again, just a friendly? I think were sendin a squad down to the blitz in maynooth.
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Sundy wrote:Yeah thats unlucky alrite. How come your playin them again, just a friendly? I think were sendin a squad down to the blitz in maynooth.
We were due to play them on the 15thNov but it was rained off that day and due to a gap in the fixtures, we've rearranged it for this wednesday. We're also sending a squad to the blitz
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

Dont know what to tell you about them really other than there out half does like to run himself. Apart from that they were sh1te
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Sundy wrote:Dont know what to tell you about them really other than there out half does like to run himself. Apart from that they were sh1te
Cheers, im not playing that one myself. I was due to play the blitz on wednesday, but thats 50/50 now. Picked up a dead calf and can hardly walk at the moment. Absolutely no power in it at all. Plain dead right from the achillies to the top of the calf
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

Darce wrote: Cheers, im not playing that one myself. I was due to play the blitz on wednesday, but thats 50/50 now. Picked up a dead calf and can hardly walk at the moment. Absolutely no power in it at all. Plain dead right from the achillies to the top of the calf
Sounds painfull, not much good for scrummaging then. Not sure if il be down in Maynooth, have final year stuff to hand in on thursday. All depends if i get it done 2moro. If i see you around down there il say hello