The Leinster Schools Senior Cup Thread

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Slipper1 wrote:Is there any work being done in the brewing or banking industries in Dublin today?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How's life with you? Is the baby walking yet?
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Holy god - I must have aged about 10 years listening to you two at it all day. It certainly took my mind off loosing on the nags in Cheltenham :(
Get in the f%~king bag.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Slipper1 wrote:Holy god - I must have aged about 10 years listening to you two at it all day. It certainly took my mind off loosing on the nags in Cheltenham :(
Fock, not that you needed to age any more!! :lol:

Listen, if you thought it was bad listening/watching? us bitching all day, imagine what it was like to be in the thick of it?
No I didn't
Yes you did
No you didn't
Yes I did

repeat ad nauseum ...

Flash, can I suggest for the sanity of everyone else on this messageboard, that we call a halt here please? Never mind my sanity, sure I'm only out on temporary release.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

ckav wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:Is there any work being done in the brewing or banking industries in Dublin today?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How's life with you? Is the baby walking yet?
Little Slipper is just fine though it is pretty obvious that he will be at the donkey end of the rugby field and not amongst the fairys. Walking is not quite on the agenda yet, I really think that he knows that if he doesnt walk then he will be picked up. :lol: Rugby with Dad is a common occurance and he can be seen regurlarly on the sidelines in Belvo, though that normally puts him to sleep recently :(
Get in the f%~king bag.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Blackrock 14 - St Michaels 12

Graet game. I thought Michaels would sneak it at the end
Justtoby
Knowledgeable

Post by Justtoby »

Michaels were unlucky in the end. They were 2 very evenly matched teams but Rock came out on top because they were more clinical. The Michaels winger will be having nightmares about that kick at the death. It was extremely difficult in the best of circumstances but with the Senior Cup on the line, his nerves must have been jangling like crazy. Maybe he can console himself with the fact that Michaels only made it to the final thanks to his display in the quarters versus Clongowes.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Justtoby wrote:Michaels were unlucky in the end. They were 2 very evenly matched teams but Rock came out on top because they were more clinical. The Michaels winger will be having nightmares about that kick at the death. It was extremely difficult in the best of circumstances but with the Senior Cup on the line, his nerves must have been jangling like crazy. Maybe he can console himself with the fact that Michaels only made it to the final thanks to his display in the quarters versus Clongowes.
Can't see why he would need to feel upset. A world class kicker would have had a problem with it and it was clearly a "last chance, see if you can get it, no blame attached" kick.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Exactly, that was a near impossible kick. And anyway, if it wasn't for him Michaels would have been nowhere near rock coming up to the end.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

CM wrote:
Justtoby wrote:Michaels were unlucky in the end. They were 2 very evenly matched teams but Rock came out on top because they were more clinical. The Michaels winger will be having nightmares about that kick at the death. It was extremely difficult in the best of circumstances but with the Senior Cup on the line, his nerves must have been jangling like crazy. Maybe he can console himself with the fact that Michaels only made it to the final thanks to his display in the quarters versus Clongowes.
Can't see why he would need to feel upset. A world class kicker would have had a problem with it and it was clearly a "last chance, see if you can get it, no blame attached" kick.
Agree, Felipe would have struggled with that kick and Rog would certainly have missed. The kicker basically turned the game in the second half for Michaels.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Agreed, he knocked over a Penalty from the Right Hand Touchline with a Gale blowing across him 10 mins before that to bring Michaels back into the match.

Feel sorry for the kid having that much pressure on him in the last minute. He was shaking like a leaf, couldn't even get the Ball to stay on the tee.

He did himself proud though.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Justtoby
Knowledgeable

Post by Justtoby »

harryp wrote:Agreed, he knocked over a Penalty from the Right Hand Touchline with a Gale blowing across him 10 mins before that to bring Michaels back into the match.

Feel sorry for the kid having that much pressure on him in the last minute. He was shaking like a leaf, couldn't even get the Ball to stay on the tee.

I agree with you, it was a near impossible kick. I doubt any of his team mates or anybody else in the school will blame him for missing but equally, I've no doubt the thoughts of taking that kick will hurt him for a couple of days. At least he has another two years of schools cup campaigns ahead of him to banish any ghosts.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Justtoby wrote:
harryp wrote:Agreed, he knocked over a Penalty from the Right Hand Touchline with a Gale blowing across him 10 mins before that to bring Michaels back into the match.

I agree with you, it was a near impossible kick. I doubt any of his team mates or anybody else in the school will blame him for missing but equally, I've no doubt the thoughts of taking that kick will hurt him for a couple of days. At least he has another two years of schools cup campaigns ahead of him to banish any ghosts.
The whole system is focked. That child was probably under more pressure in that moment, with a crowd of 20K looking at him, and the tv cameras on him, than any of us will ever know in our professional or sporting lives. For feck's sake - it can't be healthy.
I'm delighted to see Rock make it to 65, but the system HAS to change.
Justtoby
Knowledgeable

Post by Justtoby »

ckav wrote:The whole system is focked. That child was probably under more pressure in that moment, with a crowd of 20K looking at him, and the tv cameras on him, than any of us will ever know in our professional or sporting lives. For feck's sake - it can't be healthy.
I'd rather if they run in on a league basis and have perhaps 4 different pools. After each team has played around 10 games, the top 2 from each pool goes on to the knockout stages. It would give all schools more competitive rugby and mean that one unlucky defeat doesn't end the cup run for a particular side.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Justtoby wrote:
ckav wrote:The whole system is focked. That child was probably under more pressure in that moment, with a crowd of 20K looking at him, and the tv cameras on him, than any of us will ever know in our professional or sporting lives. For feck's sake - it can't be healthy.
I'd rather if they run in on a league basis and have perhaps 4 different pools. After each team has played around 10 games, the top 2 from each pool goes on to the knockout stages. It would give all schools more competitive rugby and mean that one unlucky defeat doesn't end the cup run for a particular side.
Wouldn't be a bad idea, but I can't see them changing it from the Current System. Unfortunately the top 8 or 10 schools have way too much say in the competition.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

harryp wrote:
Justtoby wrote:
Wouldn't be a bad idea, but I can't see them changing it from the Current System. Unfortunately the top 8 or 10 schools have way too much say in the competition.
Needless to say I agree with all this - the schools cups can't end too soon - but they won't for the reasons stated - that dosen't make it right though. No player of that age should be put under that pressure - underage sport should be all about fun and participation.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"