Blackrock V Gonzaga.

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

chanley88 wrote:Zaga to win by 10....... Rock are bottlers!!!
Rock will never win anything with the attitude they have.....

Well put Changley.....bottlers indeed :twisted:
Spraggs
Bookworm

Post by Spraggs »

Ten o clock, morning of, to Herbert park!
Am considering giving myself a sexy Cedric Heymans pirate scar.
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

Any update?
the doof
Beginner

Post by the doof »

rock won 6-3 but were quite poor.

credit given where credit due - my prediction was wrong and gonzaga were unlucky in the end. i was at the wesley end and they scored in the first half although ref was behind play so would not have seen it and the touch judges are not neutral until qf so they could not interfere.

fair play to gonzaga thought they had a great attitude and used the ball well although the final pass let them down at times.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

it was a bad decision to not go for the corner at the end given they were dominating at lineout time. Also gahen, the no.12, scored just after that disallowed try when he put the ball against the post.

Rock were very cynical, two guys should definitely have been put in the bin if it existed in the cup, for the trip and the late shoulder charge, they were lying all over the ball as well

More a case of gonzaga losing it than rock winning it
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

tate wrote:it was a bad decision to not go for the corner at the end given they were dominating at lineout time. Also gahen, the no.12, scored just after that disallowed try when he put the ball against the post.

Rock were very cynical, two guys should definitely have been put in the bin if it existed in the cup, for the trip and the late shoulder charge, they were lying all over the ball as well

Ah f%~k?:cry: :cry: :cry:
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

cud wrote:
tate wrote:it was a bad decision to not go for the corner at the end given they were dominating at lineout time. Also gahen, the no.12, scored just after that disallowed try when he put the ball against the post.

Ah f%~k :cry: :cry: :cry:
it was pretty gut wrenching. Never seen a better zaga team, they were bashing the rock guys around, our 6 dominic ryan was immense Disappointing, really was :cry: :cry: :cry: Oh well the green machine will roll on
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

tate wrote:
cud wrote:

Ah f%~k :cry: :cry: :cry:
it was pretty gut wrenching. Never seen a better zaga team, they were bashing the rock guys around, our 6 dominic ryan was immense Disappointing, really was :cry: :cry: :cry: Oh well the green machine will roll on
We played Church rugby with that guy. Managed to dump him, although having said that he was about 7 years old :lol:
future international
Enlightened

Post by future international »

tate wrote:Rock were very cynical, two guys should definitely have been put in the bin if it existed in the cup, for the trip and the late shoulder charge, they were lying all over the ball as well
the sin bin does exist in schools rugby one player has been sin binned already in the vinnie murray
Spraggs
Bookworm

Post by Spraggs »

Terrible stuff, cynical Rock, a terrible reff disallowing 2 trys and no yellows.
Am considering giving myself a sexy Cedric Heymans pirate scar.
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

What a fantastic result!! School's rugby at its very best - well done all - you are the future and you know that - knowing how to win is far more important than how you win. Good luck in the next rounds.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Uncle Mort wrote:What a fantastic result!! School's rugby at its very best - well done all - you are the future and you know that - knowing how to win is far more important than how you win. Good luck in the next rounds.
I take it you were there Mort and that you'll be on an half day for the Andrews against Belvo match? Great work by Rock - apparently they've ploughed the Brook already to save the kids the trouble of wrecking it! :wink:

More seriously, was coaching the minis this weekend and was chatting to a fella from Wesley who said their 4ths were on the main pitch! :roll:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

Uncle Mort wrote:What a fantastic result!! School's rugby at its very best - well done all - you are the future and you know that - knowing how to win is far more important than how you win. Good luck in the next rounds.
Mort with respect I think you are talking a load of cr@p. I'll admit I was'nt at the game, but what is clear is that you're just peddling the same old grudge against schools rugby. If you knew anything about either school you'd understand why I'm so irritated by your condescending post. Firstly, Rock have recently produced several international players of a very high standard. A few are great attacking players, so you're complaint that all they do there is teach negative, win at all costs rugby, is quite frankly idiotic. As for Gonzaga, its a small school, who have an even smaller player pool. Despite this the coaching staff under Bobby Byrne (Ireland schools coach) have managed to produce players of the calibre of Brian O'Riordan, Ross McCarron and Kevin McLoughlin in recent years. Added to this, the ratio of players who continue to play with clubs (occasionally at AIL level) is quite high. A very decent effort if you ask me, especially for an institution where rugby is certainly not the be all and end all and has to compete with several other games. Anyway, I don't expect you to change your mind about schools rugby. You seems to be pretty set in your ways. Just lay off the antagonistic bile. ok.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

future international wrote:
tate wrote:Rock were very cynical, two guys should definitely have been put in the bin if it existed in the cup, for the trip and the late shoulder charge, they were lying all over the ball as well
the sin bin does exist in schools rugby one player has been sin binned already in the vinnie murray
ok that makes it even more infuriating, what the fock was the ref thinking? Disallow 2 tries and then the trip was followed by a warning, and 2mins later there was the shoulder charge. :? :twisted:
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Paulie Walnuts
Learner

Post by Paulie Walnuts »

I was at the game and the Zagas boys were so unlucky not to get a draw as a minimum. At least Zaga always play in the true corinthian and amateur spirit that should be what schools rugby is all about. On the other hand, for Rock, it seems to be win at all costs. That approach comes right from the top as evidenced by their unabashed poaching of star players from less powerful schools which they've been at for many years. This kind of greedy activity will limit success to a small elite which ain't in the interests of schools rugby and rugby in Leinster in general.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Post of the year Paulie.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Paulie Walnuts wrote:I was at the game and the Zagas boys were so unlucky not to get a draw as a minimum. At least Zaga always play in the true corinthian and amateur spirit that should be what schools rugby is all about. On the other hand, for Rock, it seems to be win at all costs. That approach comes right from the top as evidenced by their unabashed poaching of star players from less powerful schools which they've been at for many years. This kind of greedy activity will limit success to a small elite which ain't in the interests of schools rugby and rugby in Leinster in general.
:clap:
Frustrated Fullback
Beginner

Post by Frustrated Fullback »

Paulie Walnuts wrote:I was at the game and the Zagas boys were so unlucky not to get a draw as a minimum. At least Zaga always play in the true corinthian and amateur spirit that should be what schools rugby is all about. On the other hand, for Rock, it seems to be win at all costs. That approach comes right from the top as evidenced by their unabashed poaching of star players from less powerful schools which they've been at for many years. This kind of greedy activity will limit success to a small elite which ain't in the interests of schools rugby and rugby in Leinster in general.
bravo
Down with 10 man rugby!
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

Who have they nicked this year?

I was'nt at the game, but from all the reports, I've heard the ref robbed Zaga blind. I may be wrong but O'Sullivan in the IT is an ex Rock boy, and he was pretty scathing. Really ,really dissapointing. We've had a pretty good few years. Two finals in the juniors and one semi, coupled with some strong senior sides. League wins too. Even so, opportunities like Sunday don't come along for a school Zaga's size very often.
Last edited by cud on January 29th, 2007, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

cud wrote:
I was'nt at the game, but from all the reports, I've heard the ref robbed Zaga blind. I may be wrong but O'Sullivan in the IT is an ex Rock boy, and he was pretty scathing. Really ,really dissapointing. We've had a pretty good few years. Two finals in the juniors and one semi, coupled with some strong senior sides. League wins too. Even so, opportunities like Sunday don't come along for a school Zaga's side very often.
I think he was in Oatlands.
A proud Winsome Fluter