Blackrock out, Kilkenny won 14-13

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

General Collins wrote:I just think it's great news because hopefully Clongowes will go on and win it now.
Doubt it. I'd be very surprised if Michael's don't win it!
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

[quote="CM"][quote]The main reason they are so close in the bookies is because Clongowes have a far easier draw than Michaels.[/quote]

How do you figure that one out?!

Terenure are an easier draw than Kilkenny? Not according to the bookies anyway. Both have an equal chance on Paddy Power while Terenure are shorter than Kilkenny on betfair.

The odds now are essentially a double on winning the semi and final. Given that the assumed finalist is Michaels the fact that Clongowes have longer odds (just) means the bookies think they've the harder draw.[/quote]

Terenure are a poor team team this year by their standards so thats probably why themselves and Kilkenny are equal.
Clongowes have had an easier draw from the beginning of the cup have longers odd (just about) because of this and Michaels are expected to beat Clongowes but will have just as tough a semi final in prospect.
Last edited by Ryan_89 on February 27th, 2007, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Ryan_89 wrote:
CM wrote:
The main reason they are so close in the bookies is because Clongowes have a far easier draw than Michaels.

Terenure are an easier draw than Kilkenny? Not according to the bookies anyway. Both have an equal chance on Paddy Power while Terenure are shorter than Kilkenny on betfair.

The odds now are essentially a double on winning the semi and final. Given that the assumed finalist is Michaels the fact that Clongowes have longer odds (just) means the bookies think they've the harder draw.
Terenure are a poor team team this year by their standards so thats probably why themselves and Kilkenny are equal.
Clongowes have had an easier draw from the beginning of the cup have longers odd (just about) because of this and Michaels are expected to beat Clongowes but will have just as tough semi in prospect.
Ryan, you're not making sense. The current odds have nothing to do with what draw either side got at the start of the competition. And by your own admission the Terenure and Kilkenny sides are, at best, equal which means that the expected odds for a Clongowes v Michaels final would be in or around evens. Which is all I'm saying.
Donald
Mullet

Post by Donald »

Deeeelighted. I hope Kilkenny win it. It would be good to see an underdog win the cup.
Come live with me in SEALAND!!
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

[quote="CM"][quote="Ryan_89"][quote="CM"][quote]The main reason they are so close in the bookies is because Clongowes have a far easier draw than Michaels.[/quote]

The odds now are essentially a double on winning the semi and final. Given that the assumed finalist is Michaels the fact that Clongowes have longer odds (just) means the bookies think they've the harder draw.[/quote]

Clongowes have had an easier draw from the beginning of the cup have longers odd (just about) because of this and Michaels are expected to beat Clongowes but will have just as tough semi in prospect.[/quote]

[b]Ryan, you're not making sense[/b]. The current odds have nothing to do with what draw either side got at the start of the competition. And by your own admission the Terenure and Kilkenny sides are, at best, equal which means that the expected odds for a Clongowes v Michaels final would be in or around evens. Which is all I'm saying.[/quote]

You are right I am not. What i said and what i implied are different :oops: :? :oops: . I meant to say that Clongowes were always among the bookies favourites because they had an exceptionally easier draw than Michaels, Rock and Belvo.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

CM wrote:
The main reason they are so close in the bookies is because Clongowes have a far easier draw than Michaels.

The odds now are essentially a double on winning the semi and final. Given that the assumed finalist is Michaels the fact that Clongowes have longer odds (just) means the bookies think they've the harder draw.
i'd say killkenny are better than the gick, michaels beat them 19-0 this season with no representatives playing.
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

On a side issue, why was the replay in Donnybrook? The Clongowes v Marys replay was held in Naas, despite both schools being on half term. Why wasn't the Kilkenny v Blackrock match moved to somewhere like Carlow?
A proud Winsome Fluter
doodles
Bookworm

Post by doodles »

Chokerock :shock:
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:On a side issue, why was the replay in Donnybrook? The Clongowes v Marys replay was held in Naas, despite both schools being on half term. Why wasn't the Kilkenny v Blackrock match moved to somewhere like Carlow?
gavin cummisky in the times said it was in the brook because rock were bound to draw a big crowd. im a bit annoyed it was though, the pitch is begining to cut up,i was there yesterday.there are 3 more junior games plus junior plate final and 3 senior games, leinster v treviso and leinster v connacht
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

I wonder does Jason Wright-Harris regret his decision now?
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

combatlogo wrote:I wonder does Jason Wright-Harris regret his decision now?
Don't have any sympathy for the guy!
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

thecoolfreak wrote:
Exactly. Michaels have a pres bray poach on their team as well, wonder if the same fate awaits him
frank rizzo
Beginner

Post by frank rizzo »

Duff Paddy wrote:
thecoolfreak wrote:
Exactly. Michaels have a pres bray poach on their team as well, wonder if the same fate awaits him