Blackrock out, Kilkenny won 14-13

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Leinster Believer
Graduate

Blackrock out, Kilkenny won 14-13

Post by Leinster Believer »

Blackrock are out.

Inital report: Blackrock had a penalty on the 22 right in front of the goal with the score at 14-13.

Final kick of the game, he missed it.
Woo-ee-oo, I look just like Buddy Holly. / Oh-oh, and you're Mary Tyler Moore. / I don't care what they say about us anyway.
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

:shock:
Last edited by T.C.B. on February 26th, 2007, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Re: Blackrock out, Kilkenny won 14-13

Post by Ryan_89 »

[quote="Leinster Believer"]Blackrock are out.

Inital report: Blackrock had a penalty on the [b]22 right in front of the goal with the score at 14-13.

Final kick of the game, he missed it.[/b][/quote]

Thats twice now that Madigan cost them the tie (if he was the kicker today). You gotta feel sorry for the guy! That doesnt mean I'm not ecstatic though:twisted:
Last edited by Ryan_89 on February 26th, 2007, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Good for the competition IMO, really spices things up
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

[quote="Darce"]Good for the competition IMO, really spices things up[/quote]

Yeah now Michaels are the favourites to win our first ever cup!!!!! :D :D
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Ryan_89 wrote:
Darce wrote:Good for the competition IMO, really spices things up
Yeah now Michaels are the favourites to win our first ever cup!!!!! :D :D
Kilkenny will win the thing imo! 8)
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Michaels at a canter - the only team they fear is Rock.
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

[quote="Duff Paddy"]Michaels at a canter - [b]the only team they fear is Rock[/b].[/quote]

I wouldnt say the team feared playing Rock. They lost to them earlier in the season but they know that they should have torn them apart that day, it was just that they lacked any form of conviction whatsoever.

Plus now we dont have to play a team we have NEVER beaten at donnyrook. :D :D :D
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Duff Paddy wrote:Michaels at a canter - the only team they fear is Rock.
I would have thought a team that denied them 2 final victories out of their 3 appearances might also be a team they're not looking forward to meeting!

Virtually nothing between them in the bookies anyway.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

CM wrote:
I would have thought a team that denied them 2 final victories out of their 3 appearances might also be a team they're not looking forward to meeting!

Most recent being 16 years ago??? Hardly indicative of what's going to happen this year.
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

Are Setanta not showing it?
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

combatlogo wrote:
CM wrote:

Most recent being 16 years ago??? Hardly indicative of what's going to happen this year.
Still physcological advantage to Clongowes. Anyway, as I said the bookies can hardly separate them so it's hardly Michael's to lose.
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

[quote="CM"][quote="combatlogo"][quote="CM"][quote="Duff Paddy"]Michaels at a canter - the only team they fear is Rock.[/quote]

Virtually nothing between them in the bookies anyway.[/quote]

Most recent being 16 years ago??? Hardly indicative of what's going to happen this year.[/quote]

Still physcological advantage to Clongowes. Anyway, as I said the bookies can hardly separate them so it's hardly Michael's to lose.[/quote]

The main reason they are so close in the bookies is because Clongowes have a far easier draw than Michaels.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

The main reason they are so close in the bookies is because Clongowes have a far easier draw than Michaels.
How do you figure that one out?!

Terenure are an easier draw than Kilkenny? Not according to the bookies anyway. Both have an equal chance on Paddy Power while Terenure are shorter than Kilkenny on betfair.

The odds now are essentially a double on winning the semi and final. Given that the assumed finalist is Michaels the fact that Clongowes have longer odds (just) means the bookies think they've the harder draw.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Christ..... I'm an ABM - "Anyone But Michaels" so looks like I'll have to support the Soggy Biscuit Brigade - i.e. Clongowes. :x
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

How has it come to this? Once upon a time all a gal had to do to have a good cry was to watch a chickflick. Now I just open the rugby pages in the paper. Yesterday was emotional enough but today's picture of the Kilkenny boys savouring their win brings it all on again. WEll done the Cats.
"Look what Leinster have done again"
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Just read the match report, why was I not surprised to read, that while trailing by a point, Rock were awarded a penalty in front of the posts in the TWELFTH minute of injury time?? :roll: :roll:
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Its great for School's rugby to see Rock losing. In fact it has been a good season for school's rugby with several of the smaller schools putting in massive performances. Lets hope it continues
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

jrc wrote:Just read the match report, why was I not surprised to read, that while trailing by a point, Rock were awarded a penalty in front of the posts in the TWELFTH minute of injury time?? :roll: :roll:

It's only good news for the competition - I love to see the underdog winning!
General Collins
Graduate

Post by General Collins »

I just think it's great news because hopefully Clongowes will go on and win it now.
If only you'd given me time,
what a country we'd now live in.......