clongowes v terenure

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

d'eja vu anyone?
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:Five pounds for an argument anybody? :wink:
Cant be worth any more than 3 quid
yes it can.
Anyone else going to take this one up...
Get in the f%~king bag.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Darce wrote:
Uncle Mort wrote:Slipper, one of the things we have to accept that Schools Rugby, is and will forever be more popular than the Magners League. Professional Rugby, played by world stars is not where it's at. It took me a long time to realise this and it caused me great upset during what I now refer to my dark and unenlightened times. I think that the matches should be played at DB, when and only when it's safe for the young fellas to run around.

Thanks for that mort. Invaluable stuff again. You might not like Schools Rugby playing on Leinsters Pitch, but the fact of the matter is Schools teams have been as big a draw as the Leinster team and in cases of later stages of the competition, a bigger draw than Leinster. This is a money spinner for the branch. Always has, always will. So its time to get over yourself tbh. The branch have made strides to take games off the DB surface and are continuing to do so. But there are simply some games which require the capacity of DB. Thats a fact of life

Cool the tubes Darce - take it in the humerous manner it was meant. :?

Anyway, he wasent talking to you.
Last edited by Slipper1 on March 5th, 2007, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Slipper1 wrote:
Darce wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:OK, lets play the final in my back garden, there is room for 5 spectators so lets make it all ticket. - if there were 6 people wanting to attend but only 5 get in, does that indicate a great demand to attend?

My point may have been badly written or misinterpreted :wink: Future international pointed out that the reason for the "all ticket" affair is because of demand, which is untrue; the reason for the all ticket game is because the venue is smaller than previous outings.
Demand is higher than supply, thus the event has a high demand.
Supply is lower than demand, therefore the event has a low supply.
Your argument is clearly preocupied with the fact that previously the final was played in LR. But this year, it cant be, so LR may aswell not have existed at all given that its in the past. In the present demand far outstrips supply, thus the event is in high demand.
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

You are just one big bundle of laughs today Darce.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Slipper1 wrote:You are just one big bundle of laughs today Darce.
You know you're having a shoite day when you start to get pissed off at Slipper... :wink:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Slipper1 wrote:
Darce wrote:
Uncle Mort wrote:Slipper, one of the things we have to accept that Schools Rugby, is and will forever be more popular than the Magners League. Professional Rugby, played by world stars is not where it's at. It took me a long time to realise this and it caused me great upset during what I now refer to my dark and unenlightened times. I think that the matches should be played at DB, when and only when it's safe for the young fellas to run around.

Thanks for that mort. Invaluable stuff again. You might not like Schools Rugby playing on Leinsters Pitch, but the fact of the matter is Schools teams have been as big a draw as the Leinster team and in cases of later stages of the competition, a bigger draw than Leinster. This is a money spinner for the branch. Always has, always will. So its time to get over yourself tbh. The branch have made strides to take games off the DB surface and are continuing to do so. But there are simply some games which require the capacity of DB. Thats a fact of life

i dont really care who he was talking to. I can pretty much comment on what i want. Just because Schools Rugby means nothing to him doesn't mean it means nothing to everyone. He should really take that fact into account when he passes comment on schools rugby issues
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Flash Gordon wrote:
You know you're having a shoite day when you start to get pissed off at Slipper... :wink:
no ones pissed off at anyone really. I just think people should look at both sides of the coin, rather than continually having a pop at schools rugby
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Flash Gordon wrote:
I do tend to get on the nerves of some of our silver surfers. Sorry, I have been trying to stay out of threads where I dont belong.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Here Flash, I saw this in last weeks Irish Times, were you in this computer class as well.

Get in the f%~king bag.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Fock off you, you're not much younger than me - and I think I could take you in an arm wrestle. :P
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

yep, you probably could. Not that we are gong to find out or anything.

Good night on Saturday?
Get in the f%~king bag.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Slipper1 wrote:yep, you probably could. Not that we are gong to find out or anything.

Good night on Saturday?
In Amsterdam? I'd rather not say.... :twisted:
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:yep, you probably could. Not that we are gong to find out or anything.

Good night on Saturday?
In Amsterdam? I'd rather not say.... :twisted:
Ahhh yes, I understand.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

Darce wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:
Darce wrote:

i dont really care who he was talking to. I can pretty much comment on what i want. Just because Schools Rugby means nothing to him doesn't mean it means nothing to everyone. He should really take that fact into account when he passes comment on schools rugby issues
I do, I do, I do take that into account, I really, really do. I do care about the schools and I want them to have the best. They make money, they get the crowds, they provide the players. I don't think that we need ask any more of them than that. From this moment on I (I hope that as I am ex-oficio as it were I am allowed to choose) will be a - no you tell me - who should I support and why? I don't think that I can go for Blackrock as that would be band wagon jumping and like supporting Munster or Manchester United (and last time I had a prawn sandwich (from Sainsbury's in Newry as it happens) I was gippy for some hours). Who are the Liverpools? the Boltons? the Wigans? or even the Sunderlands? Who should get my vote?
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Darce wrote: I just think people should look at both sides of the coin
But does have a coin (round, for the shape of this argument) have only two sides? What about the edge? Is that not a side?
A proud Winsome Fluter
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
Darce wrote: I just think people should look at both sides of the coin
But does have a coin (round, for the shape of this argument) have only two sides? What about the edge? Is that not a side?
:lol:
may i direct you to yourm sig
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Anyone know who won?
A proud Winsome Fluter
bgmusic
Knowledgeable