Michael's Senior Cup

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Ryan_89 wrote:
Sea_point wrote:
Lampshade wrote:
No no no -he's not
Conor Cleary - very average from what we've seen in the u-19 RWC. Will be suprised if he holds his place for the next game. Full pro contract...??

Yeah right... Nexxxxxtttttttt :lol: :lol:
sorry his defence has been superb. Anuway he is coming up against bigger and much more experienced, he hasnt been playing badly considering he is still in school!!!!(in my impartial opinion)
Against the Aussie's possibly, Scotland no they're have axactly the same structure as us - the vast majority are still at school. He'd need to be showing more than what we've seen thus far to warrant the hype that Michaels have generated about him. All very well being a good defender, but he needs to offer something going forward as well, and from what was being said on here I was expecting a whole lot more in both games.
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

[quote="Sea_point"][quote="Ryan_89"][quote="Sea_point"][quote="Lampshade"][quote="thecoolfreak"][quote="Ryan_89"]I have never been so happy in my entire life!!!!!!WE finally won the cup.
The branch better hurry up and sign CLeary before he signs for Harlequins.[/quote]

He's nothing spectacular. Kearney is a much better player[/quote]

No no no -he's not[/quote]

Conor Cleary - very average from what we've seen in the u-19 RWC. Will be suprised if he holds his place for the next game. Full pro contract...??

Yeah right... Nexxxxxtttttttt :lol: :lol:[/quote]

sorry his defence has been superb. Anuway he is coming up against bigger and much more experienced, he hasnt been playing badly considering he is still in school!!!!(in my impartial opinion)[/quote]

Against the Aussie's possibly, Scotland no they're have axactly the same structure as us - the vast majority are still at school. He'd need to be showing more than what we've seen thus far to warrant the hype that Michaels have generated about him. All very well being a good defender, but he needs to offer something going forward as well, and from what was being said on here I was expecting a whole lot more in both games.[/quote]

I can see where you are coming from. He has been nowhere near as good as he can be (or as i and TB06 say). He and the whole team havent clicked yet, and considering they,as a whole squad, have had less time to gel than others in the competition they just need time (something which they dont have :oops: )
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Ryan_89 wrote:
Sea_point wrote:
Ryan_89 wrote: sorry his defence has been superb. Anuway he is coming up against bigger and much more experienced, he hasnt been playing badly considering he is still in school!!!!(in my impartial opinion)
Against the Aussie's possibly, Scotland no they're have axactly the same structure as us - the vast majority are still at school. He'd need to be showing more than what we've seen thus far to warrant the hype that Michaels have generated about him. All very well being a good defender, but he needs to offer something going forward as well, and from what was being said on here I was expecting a whole lot more in both games.
I can see where you are coming from. He has been nowhere near as good as he can be (or as i and TB06 say). He and the whole team havent clicked yet, and considering they,as a whole squad, have had less time to gel than others in the competition they just need time (something which they dont have :oops: )
In some respects it's probably a good thing for him after the hulabaloo of the Senior Cup win, he's dipping his toe in a much bigger pond and the adjustment he's having to make in this tournament might help his focus after school whoever signs him/ he signs for...
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

[quote="Sea_point"][quote="Ryan_89"][quote="Sea_point"][quote="Ryan_89"][quote="Sea_point"][quote="Lampshade"][quote="thecoolfreak"][quote="Ryan_89"]I have never been so happy in my entire life!!!!!!WE finally won the cup.
The branch better hurry up and sign CLeary before he signs for Harlequins.[/quote]

He's nothing spectacular. Kearney is a much better player[/quote]

No no no -he's not[/quote]

Yeah right... Nexxxxxtttttttt :lol: :lol:[/quote]

sorry his defence has been superb. Anuway he is coming up against bigger and much more experienced, he hasnt been playing badly considering he is still in school!!!!(in my impartial opinion)[/quote]

Against the Aussie's possibly, Scotland no they're have axactly the same structure as us - the vast majority are still at school. He'd need to be showing more than what we've seen thus far to warrant the hype that Michaels have generated about him. All very well being a good defender, but he needs to offer something going forward as well, and from what was being said on here I was expecting a whole lot more in both games.[/quote]

I can see where you are coming from. He has been nowhere near as good as he can be (or as i and TB06 say). He and the whole team havent clicked yet, and considering they,as a whole squad, have had less time to gel than others in the competition they just need time (something which they dont have :oops: )[/quote]

In some respects it's probably a good thing for him after the hulabaloo of the Senior Cup win, he's dipping his toe in a much bigger pond and the adjustment he's having to make in this tournament might help his focus after school whoever signs him/ he signs for...[/quote]

he'll definately sign for leinster 8)
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

Sea_point wrote:
Ryan_89 wrote:
Sea_point wrote: Conor Cleary - very average from what we've seen in the u-19 RWC. Will be suprised if he holds his place for the next game. Full pro contract...??

Yeah right... Nexxxxxtttttttt :lol: :lol:
sorry his defence has been superb. Anuway he is coming up against bigger and much more experienced, he hasnt been playing badly considering he is still in school!!!!(in my impartial opinion)
how have michaels generated hype, by picking him as the captain to win the senior cup?? any hype that there has been is clearly deserved and it hasn't been coming from michaels.he was on the leinster u18s last year and started at 2nd centre for michaels all through the cup campaign,he was man of the match in the 06 final imo, this year he won the senior cup, he is leinster u19s captain,appeared in a promotional photo shoot at lansdowne rd with POC and DRICO for the irfu during the autumn internationals and has been picked for his countries u19s team for the world cup.against the aussies and the scots we haven't had as much possesion as expected and most of what we have had has been kept in the pack . cleary must have had the highest tackle count on the pitch against the aussies..and if your saying he was below average , why was there a big picture of him in the irish times the next day.against the scots,for the half he was on he made his tackles and stole it about 3 times.o'malley should play at 10..get rid of deasy
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

Cleary broke a bone in his foot and is out fo fridays match against SA.