Michael's Senior Cup

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Leinsterman wrote:
Lampshade wrote: I'll tell you what p1$$ off out of Dublin 4 and never go to another Leinster game you pr!*k.
Careful there Combatlogo - he might beat you up outside Eddie Rockets. Actually, I'd really like to see him try and put some manners on you. I'd give him 30 seconds before the ambulance is called.
Down with this sort of thing!!!

I'll get EPaddy to protect me!
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Don't mind me. Just passing through. I hope that everybody is behaving themselves in here. :wink:
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

limecat wrote:Don't mind me. Just passing through. I hope that everybody is behaving themselves in here. :wink:
Nothing to see here Gard.

Just a few death-threats, but only against Cahill and Combatlogo so we're not too concerned. :lol:
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

Donny B. wrote:
limecat wrote:Don't mind me. Just passing through. I hope that everybody is behaving themselves in here. :wink:

Just a few death-threats, but only against Cahill and Combatlogo so we're not too concerned. :lol:
Neither of them would be a great loss anyway, so he can have them if he wants :lol:
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Leinster Lady wrote:
Donny B. wrote:

Neither of them would be a great loss anyway, so he can have them if he wants :lol:
Hey, given your professed expertise with a knife (see autopsies thread) I think Cahill has enough to be worried about.

Note to Dave: Don't upset the Leinster Lady when there's a steak knife about. :lol: :wink:
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

Donny B. wrote:
Leinster Lady wrote:
Donny B. wrote: Nothing to see here Gard.

Hey, given your professed expertise with a knife (see autopsies thread) I think Cahill has enough to be worried about.

Note to Dave: Don't upset the Leinster Lady when there's a steak knife about. :lol: :wink:
I don't need a knife :twisted:
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Leinster Lady wrote:I don't need a knife :twisted:
Indeed. All she needs is her cutting wit :wink:
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

combatlogo wrote:
jrc wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: In a billet deux
If that means a studio apartment with his long-term lover, then yes you're correct.
Just remember, Toulouse's answer to Tony Soprano has your number!!! :twisted:
He texted me again last week to tell me how cr@p Ireland were at rugby. My interpreter (ckav) translated and gave me a reply to send back to him. I don't know what she said but Tony Soprano hasn't replied to it yet :shock:

(maybe he's getting a crew together to come over here and whack me....)
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

jrc wrote: He texted me again last week to tell me how cr@p Ireland were at rugby. My interpreter (ckav) translated and gave me a reply to send back to him. I don't know what she said but Tony Soprano hasn't replied to it yet :shock:

(maybe he's getting a crew together to come over here and whack me....)
He could always sub-contract it! :wink:
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

thecoolfreak wrote:
schools rugby hype has given us the likes of luuuuuuuke and rob so be grateful
School's rugby gelped develop Luke and Rob but it didn't give us them. Plus the hype surrounding the Cup did nothing for them. Don't forget that we get many players from non rugby playing schools as well, Shaggy, Sean O'Brien, Niall Ronan and players from small rugby schools like Mal.

Yes they all learn the sport in schools but that doesn't mean there need be colour supplements, etc. GAA schools have just as important Cup competitions but you don't see page after page about them in the national papers and last time i looked the GAA was still producuing atheletes that are in many ways superior to rugby players. So your argument doesn't really hold up!!
the hype is developing rugby in this country. its what has made rugby so popular in recent years. niall ronan,shaggy and sean o'brien came through non rugby schools which is great to see but the majority of our team went to rugby playing schools. the hype makes the players take rugby more seriously which helps schools stars like cleary, rob kearney and luke make the transition into rugby after they leave school easier
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

true blue 06 wrote:
thecoolfreak wrote:
schools rugby hype has given us the likes of luuuuuuuke and rob so be grateful
School's rugby gelped develop Luke and Rob but it didn't give us them. Plus the hype surrounding the Cup did nothing for them. Don't forget that we get many players from non rugby playing schools as well, Shaggy, Sean O'Brien, Niall Ronan and players from small rugby schools like Mal.

Yes they all learn the sport in schools but that doesn't mean there need be colour supplements, etc. GAA schools have just as important Cup competitions but you don't see page after page about them in the national papers and last time i looked the GAA was still producuing atheletes that are in many ways superior to rugby players. So your argument doesn't really hold up!!

the hype is developing rugby in this country. its what has made rugby so popular in recent years. niall ronan,shaggy and sean o'brien came through non rugby schools which is great to see but the majority of our team went to rugby playing schools. the hype makes the players take rugby more seriously which helps schools stars like cleary, rob kearney and luke make the transition into rugby after they leave school easier
The hype around the Irish team and to a lesser extent Munster is making rugby big in this country. Outside of a small number of D4 heads schools rugby doesn't register. If you go to parts of Dublin where rugby is really growing like Tallaght do you think Blackrock or St Michael's means anything to them? The hype has done nothing to help young players make the transition, its the excellent structures that have been put in place by the branch which do that. Don't fool yourself that school's rugby is the all and the end all. It isn't and the sooner people like you realise this the better!!
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

[quote="Dave Cahill"
Please point out where I mentioned where said individuals were from.[/quote]

Oh please.....!!! You called the people(Michales past pupils),who broke the barrier, louts and hooligans.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

thecoolfreak wrote:
true blue 06 wrote:
thecoolfreak wrote: School's rugby gelped develop Luke and Rob but it didn't give us them. Plus the hype surrounding the Cup did nothing for them. Don't forget that we get many players from non rugby playing schools as well, Shaggy, Sean O'Brien, Niall Ronan and players from small rugby schools like Mal.

The hype around the Irish team and to a lesser extent Munster is making rugby big in this country. Outside of a small number of D4 heads schools rugby doesn't register. If you go to parts of Dublin where rugby is really growing like Tallaght do you think Blackrock or St Michael's means anything to them? The hype has done nothing to help young players make the transition, its the excellent structures that have been put in place by the branch which do that. Don't fool yourself that school's rugby is the all and the end all. It isn't and the sooner people like you realise this the better!!
you must have gone to clongowes, and didnt make the S :lol: . if it wasnt for the hype, luuuuuuuuke and rob wouldnt be in our squads and we wouldnt have the best strength in depth in the league. you dont seem to be a fan of Conor Cleary, did you see the ireland u19s team
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
Deegan
Beginner

Post by Deegan »

Careful now

Loving this ol' bitch fight.
Its my first one on this forum
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

true blue 06 wrote:
thecoolfreak wrote:
true blue 06 wrote:

you must have gone to clongowes, and didnt make the S :lol: . if it wasnt for the hype, luuuuuuuuke and rob wouldnt be in our squads and we wouldnt have the best strength in depth in the league. you dont seem to be a fan of Conor Cleary, did you see the ireland u19s team
Yes they still would be in our squad as they would have been watched by Leinster management and staff in their schools games just like is done now. Leinster Academy staff as well as UCD coaches go to schools games throughout the year looking at players and the Cup emans very little. If they judged purely on Cup performances Luke would hardly have gotten a professional contract as he missed most of it through injury last season. And Rob spent a year in the Academy before breaking through.

As for Cleary i never said he was a poor player and he deserves to be in the u19 squad. But remember a lot of lads pulled out of that squad due to them taking their Leaving seriously.

And btw i didn't go to Clongowes> Thankfully i went to a school where rugby isn't the only thing that matters. And i did make the Seniors!!
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

thecoolfreak wrote:
true blue 06 wrote:
thecoolfreak wrote: School's rugby gelped develop Luke and Rob but it didn't give us them. Plus the hype surrounding the Cup did nothing for them. Don't forget that we get many players from non rugby playing schools as well, Shaggy, Sean O'Brien, Niall Ronan and players from small rugby schools like Mal.

Common sense. :clap:

A great competition, but that's it, 1 competition covering a couple of hundred players out of '000's playing at the same age level throughout the country.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Ryan_89 wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: Please point out where I mentioned where said individuals were from.
Oh please.....!!! You called the people(Michales past pupils),who broke the barrier, louts and hooligans.
He called the people who did it hooligans, he never once mentioned what school they may or may not represent.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Ryan_89 wrote:[quote="Dave Cahill"
Please point out where I mentioned where said individuals were from.
Oh please.....!!! You called the people(Michales past pupils),who broke the barrier, louts and hooligans.[/quote]

Where. Quote it, or withdraw the accusation and apologise.
I have Bumbleflex
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

harryp wrote:
A great competition, but that's it, 1 competition covering a couple of hundred players out of '000's playing at the same age level throughout the country.
nah. It's the highest standard rugby you'll see at that age group and it's a thrilling competition with support that would make any pro ML team envious. Your point is akin to suggesting that the J4 league should hold the same importance as the Magner's League.
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

[quote="Dave Cahill"]Despite what has been erroneously reported on other sites, it didn't collapse. [b]It was deliberately broken by what can only be described as louts and hooligans[/b].[/quote]

There.
You didnt call Michaels past pupils "louts and hooligans" directly, but you certainly did imply it!