Michael's Senior Cup

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

o_dricilles
Knowledgeable

Michael's Senior Cup

Post by o_dricilles »

Michael's- 6---0 -Clongowes
In case you didn't hear, Michaels won their first Cup today,
What are your views on the match?
Make new friends with salad.
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

The weather ruined the match. Kearney's brother looks an exciting prospect.
Justtoby
Knowledgeable

Post by Justtoby »

Terrible match but the best team in the tournament won. In terms of the future, Mallon and Cleary of Michaels look like real talents while Burns and Kearney for Clongowes could also make a step up to a pro career.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

best day of my life- well deserved win
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Attendance?
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Absolutely dire match!!

Interesting tactic by Michael's not to engage in the mauls!! Was the ref right in saying its truck and trailor though? Remember this being done in the 6N before and the ref did no such thing!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

thecoolfreak wrote:Absolutely dire match!!

Interesting tactic by Michael's not to engage in the mauls!! Was the ref right in saying its truck and trailor though? Remember this being done in the 6N before and the ref did no such thing!
if there is no tackle, there is no maul, therefore any player from the team in posession in front of the ball that the player with the ball binds to is offside. Also, as there is no tackle, there is no offside line, therefore you can run around the back of the not-maul and directly tackle the player in posession
I have Bumbleflex
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:

if there is no tackle, there is no maul, therefore any player from the team in posession in front of the ball that the player with the ball binds to is offside. Also, as there is no tackle, there is no offside line, therefore you can run around the back of the not-maul and directly tackle the player in posession
Yeah, you're right Dave. I think you'd want to let the officials know what you were planning before doing it......its a bit risky.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

Yeah, you're right Dave. I think you'd want to let the officials know what you were planning before doing it......its a bit risky.
Quite true, the welsh did it in their first test against Argentina last summer, they didn't tell the ref what they were doing, and in the first half he just played on. In the second half they let the ref know that they would not be binding to any mauls on argentina ball at all, what followed was a number of penalties for offside and tackling the man without the ball in Wales' favour
I have Bumbleflex
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

Where they refusing the maul at lineout time? And if so how where they managing it?
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

I have never been so happy in my entire life!!!!!!WE finally won the cup.
The branch better hurry up and sign CLeary before he signs for Harlequins.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Ryan_89 wrote:I have never been so happy in my entire life!!!!!!WE finally won the cup.
He's nothing spectacular. Kearney is a much better player
Lampshade
Learner

Post by Lampshade »

Dave Cahill wrote:

Sour grapes after being outfoxed? Shame on you!
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

thecoolfreak wrote:
Ryan_89 wrote:I have never been so happy in my entire life!!!!!!WE finally won the cup.
rubbish. kearney is good but the most over rated player in the competition. he gets talked up too much because of who his brother is.he missed an easy kick and had some difficulties under the high ball
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Lampshade wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

What?
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

true blue 06 wrote:
thecoolfreak wrote:
rubbish. kearney is good but the most over rated player in the competition. he gets talked up too much because of who his brother is.he missed an easy kick and had some difficulties under the high ball
Well he still played a lot better than Cleary yesterday. Bounced the biggest player on the pitch and has a great step and great strength
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Lampshade wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

Huh?
I have Bumbleflex
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Lampshade wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: if there is no tackle, there is no maul, therefore any player from the team in posession in front of the ball that the player with the ball binds to is offside. Also, as there is no tackle, there is no offside line, therefore you can run around the back of the not-maul and directly tackle the player in posession
Huh?
I know DC, what is he on about?
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Leinster Zulu wrote:Attendance?
Sell-out. 6,700
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

thecoolfreak wrote:
true blue 06 wrote:
thecoolfreak wrote: He's nothing spectacular. Kearney is a much better player
Well he still played a lot better than Cleary yesterday. Bounced the biggest player on the pitch and has a great step and great strength
don't agree. he is a good player with a nice side step but cleary certainly is spectacular. he's a huge hitter, great passer and a great tactical kicker
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009