AIL League ( Who's Going Up/Going Down)

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Tallback
Beginner

AIL League ( Who's Going Up/Going Down)

Post by Tallback »

Not much left in the league at this stage.

Div 1

It looks like the semis will come down to the familiar faces of Con, Clontarf, Shannon and Garryowen with UL Bohs there for a bit of variety. At the other end it seem that UCD are really in trouble this year but the fact that they play their fellow strugglers Belfast Harlequins and Bucanneers in the last two games must give them some hope. Biting fingernails in Belfield though!

Div 2

Old Belvedere and Greystone definitely going up. Great result for Greystone who were only in Div 3 a season or two ago. At the other end - Middleton are gone. Carlow look in trouble too - they're sliding as rapidly as Greystones are climbing.

Div 3

Wanderers have topped the league here and assured of promotion - as are Ballynahinch. Portadown are departing the AIL this year.

Round Robin

Looks like it could be Naas's year after beating Crosshaven in the first round of the round-robin.
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

As you said, top 4 in Div 1 seems the usual suspects. Hopefully Tarf will breakthrough. As for the bottom, UCD Look in trouble.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Div 1

It looks like the semis will come down to the familiar faces of Con, Clontarf, Shannon and Garryowen with UL Bohs there for a bit of variety. At the other end it seem that UCD are really in trouble this year but the fact that they play their fellow strugglers Belfast Harlequins and Bucanneers in the last two games must give them some hope. Biting fingernails in Belfield though!
Hopefully we manage to stay up. Its a very young squad and with some of the players coming through for next season we should be strong
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

thecoolfreak wrote:
Div 1

Hopefully we manage to stay up. Its a very young squad and with some of the players coming through for next season we should be strong
From what I heard things seem to be improving. Apparently Keatley has made a bit of an impact, right?
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

he has indeed, it's gonna be a tight squeeze, but we should stay up, if only just
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Oscar
Mullet

Post by Oscar »

thecoolfreak wrote: Hopefully we manage to stay up. Its a very young squad and with some of the players coming through for next season we should be strong

It's a focking students' team. I'd be very surprised if any of their players were thinking about hanging up their boots at the end of the season.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

more that they might leave the club and join somewhere else than hang up their boots
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

tate wrote:more that they might leave the club and join somewhere else than hang up their boots
Exactly a lot of the lads leave the club and added to this i'd imagine a few of them will be playing with Leinster quite a bit next season
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

serious battle on UCDs hands here

Think we can manage it, but it'll be close.

If anyone is around the Belfield area i would recommend going to this, there are a few leinster acadamy players involved and the fact that the winner stays in Div 1 as well.

COME ON COLLIDGE!!!!
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

tate wrote:serious battle on UCDs hands here

If anyone is around the Belfield area i would recommend going to this, there are a few leinster acadamy players involved and the fact that the winner stays in Div 1 as well.

COME ON COLLIDGE!!!!
No sorry il be in Castle Avenue cheering on Clontarf against Dungannon as we try to secure a home semi-final.

COME ON TARF!!
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Sundy wrote:

COME ON COLLIDGE!!!!
No sorry il be in Castle Avenue cheering on Clontarf against Dungannon as we try to secure a home semi-final.

COME ON TARF!!
RED BULLS !! RED BULLS !!
T - 45
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

COME ON COLLIDGE!!!!
Come on Quins/Buccs! Oiks for Div 3!!!!
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

it probably wont affect many here, but its free into the Bowl on Sat if you have a student card (presumably it must still be valid!!!)

COME ON COLLIDGE!!!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

tate wrote:it probably wont affect many here, but its free into the Bowl on Sat if you have a student card (presumably it must still be valid!!!)

COME ON COLLIDGE!!!
So my COMAD id card from 1989 won't get me in then?
I have Bumbleflex
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Dave Cahill wrote:
tate wrote:it probably wont affect many here, but its free into the Bowl on Sat if you have a student card (presumably it must still be valid!!!)

COME ON COLLIDGE!!!
So my COMAD id card from 1989 won't get me in then?
:roll: :wink:

ill go out on a limb and say no
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

combatlogo wrote:

COME ON COLLIDGE!!!!
Come on Quins/Buccs! Oiks for Div 3!!!!
Fock off. We're not going to be slumming it with Trinity in Division 2 next season
Tokengerman
Learner

Post by Tokengerman »

Well done Collidge. Gutsy win and fully deserved. Next season could be a good one.
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

f%~king excellent. Well done collidge.
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

Well done clontarf, clean slate against Dungannon and a home semi to boot!
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Great to win today. Next season could be a very good one for Collidge! :D