DUFC stalwart Peter Ash RIP

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

DUFC stalwart Peter Ash RIP

Post by combatlogo »

Anyone who has played in or watched a DUFC match in College Park over the years will probably remember a slightly eccentric old man on the sidelines shouting "Trinityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" and making a sound like a hunting horn whenever a Trin garryowen went up. His name was Peter Ash and I just heard on Newstalk that he has passed away. Very sad, he was an absolute gentleman and it was always a pleasure to have a chat with him in the Pav after a game. RIP Peter, College Park won't be the same without you.
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Re: DUFC stalwart Peter Ash RIP

Post by Sea_point »

combatlogo wrote:Anyone who has played in or watched a DUFC match in College Park over the years will probably remember a slightly eccentric old man on the sidelines shouting "Trinityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" and making a sound like a hunting horn whenever a Trin garryowen went up. His name was Peter Ash and I just heard on Newstalk that he has passed away. Very sad, he was an absolute gentleman and it was always a pleasure to have a chat with him in the Pav after a game. RIP Peter, College Park won't be the same without you.
Remember him well Combat, playing against Trinity U-19's and seconds years ago at Kilbogget and College Park and hearing the racket from the sidelines at regular intervals. Little bearded old man if I remember. He was the butt of many jokes and comments, but life would have been a lot duller without characters like him. Marching to the beat of his own drum, fair fecks..

RIP old fella...
Last edited by Sea_point on April 27th, 2007, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

Yeah, I remember him booming across College Park.

RIP
Oscar
Mullet

Post by Oscar »

combatlogo wrote:Anyone who has played in or watched a DUFC match in College Park over the years will probably remember a slightly eccentric old man on the sidelines shouting "Trinityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" and making a sound like a hunting horn whenever a Trin garryowen went up. His name was Peter Ash and I just heard on Newstalk that he has passed away. Very sad, he was an absolute gentleman and it was always a pleasure to have a chat with him in the Pav after a game. RIP Peter, College Park won't be the same without you.

I don't remember the fella, but by Jesus I remember the noise. A sad loss, games in College Park will never be the same again.
Snamh Da Ean
Learner

Post by Snamh Da Ean »

I remember him. Was he a former player?