The towns cup final

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

silly punt
Enlightened

The towns cup final

Post by silly punt »

The towns cup final takes place on Sunday between Navan & Skerries, in Cill Dara @ 3.30pm. It looks like it will be a great game, I have a suspicion that Skerries may just nick it, they have turned their season around rightly since Christmas. Although Navan have a very good backline, I think Skerries may edge it upfront.

Anybody got any opinions on the outcome of the oldest competition in Leinster rugby?

PS The Anderson cup final between Dundalk & Enniscorthy is the curtain raiser with a 1pm kick off.
groundhog
Knowledgeable

Post by groundhog »

Actually tipped Navan from the start and Cill Dara's ground will suit their running style, if Navan's forwards can front up they should get enough possession to win the game. Have seen Skerries play 3 times this season and they have yet to impress although their back-line in the semi did show some promise. Would expect a tight first half but as the Skerries pack tire I'd expect Navan to pull away and win by 8 - 12 points.

In the Anderson Cup, that's a big Dundalk side and again Cill Dara's pitch will suit their running style so think they will win comfortable enough in the end..

Directions for anyone interested...just scroll to bottom...

http://www.cilldararfc.ie/contact.aspx
The French pulled up the Scots' kilts and discovered they had no balls - Zinzan Brooke
silly punt
Enlightened

Post by silly punt »

groundhog wrote:Actually tipped Navan from the start and Cill Dara's ground will suit their running style, if Navan's forwards can front up they should get enough possession to win the game. Have seen Skerries play 3 times this season and they have yet to impress although their back-line in the semi did show some promise. Would expect a tight first half but as the Skerries pack tire I'd expect Navan to pull away and win by 8 - 12 points.

In the Anderson Cup, that's a big Dundalk side and again Cill Dara's pitch will suit their running style so think they will win comfortable enough in the end..

Directions for anyone interested...just scroll to bottom...

http://www.cilldararfc.ie/contact.aspx
Well done GH you predicted both games spot on.