J4 Metro League Fixtures

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: J4 Metro League Fixtures

Post by Donny B. »

cud wrote:
If that's the case, then how are Malahide in pool c? did'nt win a game last season as far as i'm aware. And for that matter, why are Bective & DLSP in pool d? Those pools don't look seeded to me.
Don't ask me to make sense of the seedings, although I think that Bective team is last year's B team which didn't win a game. Their excellent J4 A team is going to play J3 I presume.
rughead
Beginner

Post by rughead »

thanks for that Donny, most Pools look even enough a couple of weird one's but on the whole ok, not sure if the emerald warriors will have the numbers to play J4 and J5!
Pure Rugby Head
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

rughead wrote:thanks for that Donny, most Pools look even enough a couple of weird one's but on the whole ok, not sure if the emerald warriors will have the numbers to play J4 and J5!
I'm surprised the J5 league is made of totally new teams, do these 7 teams really hav ethe numbers for a j5 league?
rughead
Beginner

Post by rughead »

LeopoldButters wrote:
rughead wrote:thanks for that Donny, most Pools look even enough a couple of weird one's but on the whole ok, not sure if the emerald warriors will have the numbers to play J4 and J5!
I'm surprised the J5 league is made of totally new teams, do these 7 teams really hav ethe numbers for a j5 league?
Yeah I was thinking the same, Mary's and Terenure are the only one's who definitely have teams as both clubs had 2 in the J4 league last year, I hope teams like Tallaght, Barnhall and Stillorgan can field a team as it'll be a real shame if the league was disbanded after a couple of weeks.
Pure Rugby Head
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

rughead wrote:
LeopoldButters wrote:
Yeah I was thinking the same, Mary's and Terenure are the only one's who definitely have teams as both clubs had 2 in the J4 league last year, I hope teams like Tallaght, Barnhall and Stillorgan can field a team as it'll be a real shame if the league was disbanded after a couple of weeks.
Amalgamation into J4 Pool D would be the sensible thing to do
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

rughead wrote:
LeopoldButters wrote:
Tallaght have been getting 45-50 guys on average up to training so hopefully we'll be fine. I know Stillorgan have been getting great numbers too so they should be grand also. I'd be more worried about the Warriors who often struggle to get enough for one team so I'm not sure how they're going to field two teams.
rughead
Beginner

Post by rughead »

Tallaght have been getting 45-50 guys on average up to training so hopefully we'll be fine. I know Stillorgan have been getting great numbers too so they should be grand also. I'd be more worried about the Warriors who often struggle to get enough for one team so I'm not sure how they're going to field two teams.[/quote]

That's great a good competitive J5 has been needed for a while now.
Although saying that the Terenure team who would usually be around the top half of their J4 pool may run away with it.
Pure Rugby Head
pulldownthemaul
Beginner

Post by pulldownthemaul »

HUCKER RUCKER wrote:2009/2010 J4 and J5 leagues, no dates set yet but begins on Sat 10th October

J4 LEAGUE

Section “A”

Blackrock College

Clondalkin

Clontarf

Coolmine

Old Belvedere

Old Wesley

St Marys College

Terenure College

Section “B”

AIB

Barnhall

Greystones

Lansdowne

Monkstown

Parkmore

Stillorgan

Tallaght

Section “C”

CYM

Malahide

Newbridge

Railway Union

Rathdrum

Seapoint

Wanderers

Wexford Wanderers

Section “D”

Bective Rangers

De La Salle Palmerston

Dublin University

Emerald Warriors

Millmount House

UCD

Unidare

J5 LEAGUE

Barnhall

Emerald Warriors

Malahide

St Marys College

Stillorgan

Tallaght

Terenure College
These look definitely seeded. The section A consists of all last season's play-off teams bar Bective who we can assume were promoted as winners, along with Terenure who were 3rd in Bective's group 2 last year.
The section B is all the next placed in last years tables bar CYM & DLSP (perhaps they asked to play down a league). How Malahide got into section B is beyond me. Perhaps it is based on the fact that they are declaring a J5 team???? Or perhaps it is more of their delusions of grandieur (see posts on "Malahide's ridiculous publicity). Still, it will just mean Malahide can be consistent & be bottom of the table again !
HUCKER RUCKER
Beginner

Post by HUCKER RUCKER »

DLSP are in lower group because it is a new team. The team that did well last year is gone to play J3, while last years J3 re gone to play J2.
rughead
Beginner

Post by rughead »

This is the rest of the email from the branch, just explains some of the decisions and a few rule changes.

J4 and J5 Leagues
The Competitions Committee has instigated a largely merit-based J4 League for the coming season and is also introducing a new J5 League.
Below are regulations covering the J4 & J5 Leagues that have been written into the Competitons Regulations, which have been reviewed over the summer and will be circulated next week once they have been approved by the Leinster Branch Executive Committee.
“ 2.7 J4 LEAGUE
The league will be divided into sections and played on a home & away basis. The winners of Section A shall win the league. The winners of Section B shall be awarded a pennant and automatic promotion to Section A. The bottom place team in Section A shall be relegated to Section B. A play off (at a neutral venue) will take place between the second last team in Section A and the runner up in Section B, the winner playing in Section A the following season. If there are more than two sections relegation and promotion will follow as above.
(i) 4 points for a win, 2 points for a draw and one point for losing by 7 points or less.
(ii) Six substitutes nominated and can play. Rolling Substitutions ELV shall apply allowing up to 12 substitutions to be made from the match panel.
(iii) Minimum number on a team is 12, maximum number 15 on the pitch.
(iv) No requirement for front row players,
(v) If one team has more players than the other, in order to balance the sides - the team with the greater number of players may allow players to play on the opposing team. The team with the lesser number of players cannot compel the team with the greater number of players to give them players, but the game shall start with an equal number of players on both teams. (i.e. the lower number of players). The team with the greater number of players may use up to and including 21 players in total.
2.8 J5 LEAGUE
The league will be played on a home & away basis.
(i) 4 points for a win, 2 points for a draw and one point for losing by 7 points or less.
(ii) Six substitutes nominated and can play. Rolling Substitutions ELV shall apply allowing up to 12 substitutions to be made from the match panel.
(iii) Minimum number on a team is 12, maximum number 15 on the pitch.
(iv) No requirement for front row players,
(v) If one team has more players than the other, in order to balance the sides - the team with the greater number of players may allow players to play on the opposing team. The team with the lesser number of players cannot compel the team with the greater number of players to give them players, but the game shall start with an equal number of players on both teams. (i.e. the lower number of players). The team with the greater number of players may use up to and including 21 players in total”

With 38 entries the Competitions Committee settled on 3 x 8-team Sections at the top (A, B & C) and 2 x 7-team Sections at the bottom. The bottom Section will become the new J5 League and will consist of clubs that have also got teams in one of the J4 League Sections.
Our starting point was last year’s J4 results and league tables – we agreed that the Top 2 teams in each of the 4 Pools would go into Section “A” (J4 League winners Bective Rangers have since been promoted so the next team in their Pool, Terenure College replace them) giving us an 8-team home an away league.
Section “B” is made up by and large of the next best eight teams – two from each Pool with the exception of CYM who are replaced by Monkstown who were close to the pace in Pool 4.
CYM, whose 2nd XV are in the J4 League, will be joined in Section “C” by four other 2nd XV teams from clubs in Leinster League Div 3 for whom there is no 2nd XV league. They are Railway Union, Malahide, Rathdrum and Wexford Wanderers. The remaining trio in this Section are Newbridge, Seapoint and Wanderers.
Section “D” comprises teams that were near the bottom of their Pools last season – the De La Salle Palmerston J4 team that finished 4th in Pool 4 a year ago is now playing in the J3 League and it is an entirely new squad that will play J4 this season.
The new J5 League will feature seven teams that are all represented in the J4 League; they are Barnhall, Emerald Warriors, Malahide, St Marys College, Stillorgan, Tallaght and Terenure College.
Please note that clubs that haven’t got teams in the J5 League will not be able to enter the O’Connor Cup (J5 Cup).

The fixtures for above will be circulated early next week and the Leagues will commence on Saturday 10th October.
Pure Rugby Head
NORFC
Beginner

Post by NORFC »

Looking forward to seeing the timetable.
NORFC
Beginner

Post by NORFC »

Tallaght have been put into group B & D in J4

Section B
AIB
Barnhall
Greystones
Lansdowne
Monkstown
Parkmore