J4 Metro League Fixtures

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Re: J4 Metro League Fixtures

Post by Leinsterman »

LeopoldButters wrote:some good work done by the branch on this. I wonder what the J5 standard will be like and what day they will play the games. I assume its a Saturday but will the be enough pitches/refs...
It's merely splitting the J4 league in two and renaming it J4 and J5. I doubt there will be any more teams so there shouldn't be any worse shortages of refs and pitches than normal
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Click Reilly
Beginner

Post by Click Reilly »

Leinsterman - Very interested in that info re the changes to the Metro J3 League for next year. Where did it come from and when was it announced? I wonder at how realistic Friday night under lights would be - I can't see the likes of Clontarf or Mary's - who would have lights - letting their J3 play on the main pitch the night before Ail games. I'd say the Friday matches will be the exception rather than the rule.
the general
Beginner

Post by the general »

There are only seven home AIL fixtures plus whatever cup fixtures come up. With a bit of forward planning and some flexibility from the J3 sides, avoiding Friday nights before AIL matches shouldn't be a problem.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Click Reilly wrote:Where did it come from and when was it announced?

It came from the branch and was announced during one of the AGMs.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

J5 league is good news, as is the friday night J3 games which might work better than you'd think, off the top of my head a load of AIL clubs have floodlit back pitches(Wesley, Lansdowne, Bective, Rock, Greystones, Terenure(I think), Belvo) so 1st teams complaining about ruined pitches for AIL matches might not be as much of a problem. The 12 rolling subs is a good idea for us more festively-figured gentlemen to have a bit of a rest in the 2nd half! :wink: No backrow moves off uncontested scrums I'm not sold on. Teams'll just go uncontested against big packs to stop their backrow having any influence.
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
Click Reilly
Beginner

Post by Click Reilly »

Thanks for the answers lads. I just reckoned that even with the possible absence of fixtures clashes with an Ail team, the J1s or 20s (21s) might get first call on the main pitch (the one with the decent floodlights, not the necklace of 15w bulbs) on any given weekend. I'm all for rugby on a Friday night. It gives the young bucks back the weekend and it gives the partners of the older soldiers one less stick to beat them (me) with. On the down side, with IKEA opening up soon, Friday night matches will mean there's nowhere for the greybeards to hide :( .
HUCKER RUCKER
Beginner

Post by HUCKER RUCKER »

Which clubs will be competing in the J4 division 4 (or J5 as it may be called next year)? Barnhall are thinking of entering if we have the numbers, we generally had 8 or 9 left over after picking a J4 team last year most weekends, we need a few more players but hopefully we get them.
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

HUCKER RUCKER wrote:Which clubs will be competing in the J4 division 4 (or J5 as it may be called next year)? Barnhall are thinking of entering if we have the numbers, we generally had 8 or 9 left over after picking a J4 team last year most weekends, we need a few more players but hopefully we get them.
Stillorgan plan on entering a team into this league too, of course it all depends on numbers by the end of August and if players are still as committed then as they are at the moment but the signs are looking very good at the moment....
HUCKER RUCKER
Beginner

Post by HUCKER RUCKER »

2009/2010 J4 and J5 leagues, no dates set yet but begins on Sat 10th October

J4 LEAGUE

Section “A”

Blackrock College

Clondalkin

Clontarf

Coolmine

Old Belvedere

Old Wesley

St Marys College

Terenure College

Section “B”

AIB

Barnhall

Greystones

Lansdowne

Monkstown

Parkmore

Stillorgan

Tallaght

Section “C”

CYM

Malahide

Newbridge

Railway Union

Rathdrum

Seapoint

Wanderers

Wexford Wanderers

Section “D”

Bective Rangers

De La Salle Palmerston

Dublin University

Emerald Warriors

Millmount House

UCD

Unidare

J5 LEAGUE

Barnhall

Emerald Warriors

Malahide

St Marys College

Stillorgan

Tallaght

Terenure College
Frontrowtype
Beginner

Post by Frontrowtype »

And from what I understand

there is no requirement to field front row forwards .

I shall say no more but my feelings on this are strong

:x :shock: :?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Frontrowtype wrote:And from what I understand

Ah come on! Please tell me you're joking. Sure if that's the case why don't they abandon scrums altogether?
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Yes, but if you dont, you cant use backrow moves.
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

Donny B. wrote:

Ah come on! Please tell me you're joking. Sure if that's the case why don't they abandon scrums altogether?
roll on the 'mobile' props....
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

I've heard from a club source that the J4/J5 Pools haven't been finalised yet
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

Donny B. wrote:I've heard from a club source that the J4/J5 Pools haven't been finalised yet
note sure about that, the branch sent out the mail today with the pools and the rules etc.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

LeopoldButters wrote:
Donny B. wrote:I've heard from a club source that the J4/J5 Pools haven't been finalised yet
note sure about that, the branch sent out the mail today with the pools and the rules etc.
Really? Hmmmm, the plot thickens!!!
rughead
Beginner

Post by rughead »

Can someone clarify the way these pools are working I was under the impression it would be a promotion relegation type thing to get to J4 A league, but have been told it's actually the same as normal with the top 2 from each pool going through.

I hope this isn't the case because the branch have seeded every team and put them in leagues to reflect this seeding so there are not any mismatches and all teams within their leagues are evenly matched. But if it is 2 teams from each pool going through then the quarter finals will be complete mismatches with teams winning 50+ making a farce of the league with only 2 from last years quarters going through to this years!

Can anyone who's seen the branches mail verify.
Pure Rugby Head
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

rughead wrote:Can someone clarify the way these pools are working I was under the impression it would be a promotion relegation type thing to get to J4 A league, but have been told it's actually the same as normal with the top 2 from each pool going through.

I hope this isn't the case because the branch have seeded every team and put them in leagues to reflect this seeding so there are not any mismatches and all teams within their leagues are evenly matched. But if it is 2 teams from each pool going through then the quarter finals will be complete mismatches with teams winning 50+ making a farce of the league with only 2 from last years quarters going through to this years!

There isn't any more play-offs. The winners of the A league are the J4 champions. There will be promotion and relegation between the other leagues with bottom team relegated and top team promoted plus a playoff between second from bottom and second place teams.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Think that just applies to the J5 league
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

Donny B. wrote:
rughead wrote:Can someone clarify the way these pools are working I was under the impression it would be a promotion relegation type thing to get to J4 A league, but have been told it's actually the same as normal with the top 2 from each pool going through.

There isn't any more play-offs. The winners of the A league are the J4 champions. There will be promotion and relegation between the other leagues with bottom team relegated and top team promoted plus a playoff between second from bottom and second place teams.

If that's the case, then how are Malahide in pool c? did'nt win a game last season as far as i'm aware. And for that matter, why are Bective & DLSP in pool d? Those pools don't look seeded to me.