Leinster Schools League

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Durkah Durkah
Bookworm

Post by Durkah Durkah »

Newbridge Juniors have only lost one game. If they beat CBC then they are the 2 semi finalists. If they lose to CBC it's between Newbridge/KH/Kilkenny for the runners up spot in their section.
the economist
Bookworm

Post by the economist »

FYI CBC have not played Rock this year, they won against a weak Nure by 30 and lost both 2nd rows in 1st half and Gary Foley did not start.
lummix
Graduate

Post by lummix »

Yes That CBC team was meant to win the junior cup but didnt, went out in a quarter final v terenure that they were allegedly robbed in. I believe they were undefeated til then.

Theres been talk about this team since they started playing in the school, ive been out of the school 9 years now and i heard about them when they were U-13 as they were stuffing everybody, rock, nure the lot.

Im not saying theyll win the cup but god i would love it if we did. Im keeping paddys day free in my diary.

PS. I bet we get a ridiculously hard draw, they always try and keep the smaller schools down.

Also i dont ever remember CUS beating anyone, i thought theyd gone to section A.
its about winning
Bookworm

Post by its about winning »

lummix wrote:Yes That CBC team was meant to win the junior cup but didnt, went out in a quarter final v terenure that they were allegedly robbed in. I believe they were undefeated til then.

Theres been talk about this team since they started playing in the school, ive been out of the school 9 years now and i heard about them when they were U-13 as they were stuffing everybody, rock, nure the lot.

Im not saying theyll win the cup but god i would love it if we did. Im keeping paddys day free in my diary.

PS. I bet we get a ridiculously hard draw, they always try and keep the smaller schools down.

Also i dont ever remember CUS beating anyone, i thought theyd gone to section A.
The cup draw is an open draw. It is made normally in Lansdowne Club house (Nov time) with media, schools coaches and sponsors present. So how do you think the draw is a fix. The draw is normally made by Leinster pro players - the likes of BOD, Jamie H, Girv etc.
North side living - south side educated
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

lummix wrote:

Think again. What evidence do you have that the draw is fixed?
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

There has been a couple of times in the last few years when all the big name schools were in the same half of the draw. IIRC when Marys won in 2002 they had to beat Blackrock, Terenure, Clongowes and Belvedere (final)
A proud Winsome Fluter
lummix
Graduate

Post by lummix »

back when i was in school, it was michaels rock almost every year coincidence i think not, i dont think the draw was open back then but maybe it was.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

combatlogo wrote:
lummix wrote:

Think again. What evidence do you have that the draw is fixed?
Someone has something against CUS!! :lol:
jaybyrne
Bookworm

Post by jaybyrne »

wesley 10 cus 17
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

jaybyrne wrote:wesley 10 cus 17
Terrible, terrible game. CUS were very poor!
Durkah Durkah
Bookworm

Post by Durkah Durkah »

Any other results? I know that Kilkenny lost 3-33 at JCT and 10 - 12 at SCT to KH.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

combatlogo wrote:
jezzer wrote:
Mauler wrote: Wanderers must be hoping to pick up for some of these kids when they leave ... all the coaches are ex Chappies
Osborne is ex-Wesley and he gets to watch CBC destroy his alma mater 70something - 0..... ouch.
Yes he is...the poor b$&%@#d missed a conversion in front of the posts in a 1/4 final in 1989 in the 5th minute of injury time whcih would have drawn the game.
Remember it well. You ex-Wesley also?
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

No, Slipper and I were playing for CUS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
the economist
Bookworm

Post by the economist »

Templegoue 0 - CBC 50
the economist
Bookworm

Post by the economist »

Templegoue 0 - CBC 50
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Anyone know if there were juniors or seniors matchs today? I heard CBC S beat Newbridge but the leinsterrugby.ie seemed to have stopped updates.
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

St.Marys JCT lost to Roscrea 10-17.
thebigcheese
Beginner

Post by thebigcheese »

st Andrews beat Roscrea and Pres Bray beat High School in the senior league. Andrews and Pres Bray are through to the semi finals from that group. The Pres Bray Juniors lost to Belvo 7-6 today according to their senior coach. Mustn't be a great Belvo JCT because I don't think Pres qualified out of their league group
its about winning
Bookworm

Post by its about winning »

Senior League:
Group 1 winners: CBC Monkstown
Runners up: ??????? (anyone know) Kilkenny/Kings Hosp?
Group 2 Winners: St Andrews
Runners up: Pres Bray

Junior League
Group 1 winners: ??????? (anyone know) Newbridge or CBC monkstown
Runners up: ??????? (anyone know)
both Newbridge and CBC monkstown played yesterday to see who topped the group?
Group 2 Winners: Roscrea
Runners up: Gonzaga
North side living - south side educated
the economist
Bookworm

Post by the economist »

CBC 22 Newbridge 5. CBC had 8 players injured / playing out of position. Played with 4th choice out half