Leinster Senior Cup 2008

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

silly punt
Enlightened

Re: Leinster Senior Cup 2008

Post by silly punt »

CBC need to up their performance against Michaels, if they make as many handling errors & give away as many penalties they will lose. They need to commit more men to rucks, the backrow need to concentrate on their primary duties & not stand out in the centres looking for glory.

I spoke to a couple of the coaches after the game & they were pretty disappointed with the performance & so too were the players, they know they have 7 days to get it right & believe they are good enough to do so.
Experience is the name everyone gives to their failures
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

the green machine rolls on again!! Bring on mary's . . .
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Vincent_Dunlop
Beginner

Post by Vincent_Dunlop »

=who's the cbc 10, what will the battle between him and reid be like?
Alex Ging, Good physical player, doesnt take place kicks or penalties ect ( the Full back does )
Personally I think Reid is better than Ging, others may have a different opinion
Ging plays a very different role in the cbc team to that of Reid in the Micheals team, his style of play is very different!

But Reid has him IMO

Its gonna be a cracker of a game*
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

tate wrote:the green machine rolls on again!! Bring on mary's . . .
looks like zaga are peeking at the right time... mary's might be a step too far for them, i hope not though
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

CBCs Ging at 10 is a brilliant player. He's only just back from a long term injury though in past couple of months. CBC also lost a couple of out halfs to injury who could have played. This is Reid's third year, he has the experience while this is the CBC 10s first SCT.

Reid is the better at the moment, real confident player.

Any word if the belvo prop is out?
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

suisse wrote:
King's Hospital out today against Clongowes. Here's hoping the boys can pull off a big shock against our big rivals. Weather not looking too good though - bad news for our young(ish) pack.

After the fright Belvedere got on Saturday (against s Terenure side few expected much from, according to the press), proves this campaign could be the most unpredictable in years. A King's win will put the cat amongst the pigeons.

that clongowes v kings hos game was yesterday and clongowes won by 40
Yeah, unbelievable. I got the times/dates off the Indo and the Herald in their Cup previews and they both had a Tuesday kick-off. Took a half day and all. Bloody INM
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

bunty85 wrote:CBCs Ging at 10 is a brilliant player. He's only just back from a long term injury though in past couple of months. CBC also lost a couple of out halfs to injury who could have played. This is Reid's third year, he has the experience while this is the CBC 10s first SCT.

belvo prop nermin lovic is out for the rest of the cup
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

Vincent_Dunlop
Beginner

Post by Vincent_Dunlop »

bunty85 wrote: CBC also lost a couple of out halfs to injury who could have played
Yea is that Blonde Munster guy out for the cup or will he be back for any of the matches?
He dislocated his shoulder or somthing during the League....

And Nerm is out for the rest of the cup
....Till I Die
Beginner

Post by ....Till I Die »

silly punt wrote:CBC need to up their performance against Michaels, if they make as many handling errors & give away as many penalties they will lose. They need to commit more men to rucks, the backrow need to concentrate on their primary duties & not stand out in the centres looking for glory.

I spoke to a couple of the coaches after the game & they were pretty disappointed with the performance & so too were the players, they know they have 7 days to get it right & believe they are good enough to do so.
I don't think they will get it right in 7days. I was at the game and they look like they are in too deep.
....Till I Die
Beginner

Post by ....Till I Die »

bunty85 wrote:CBCs Ging at 10 is a brilliant player. He's only just back from a long term injury though in past couple of months. CBC also lost a couple of out halfs to injury who could have played. This is Reid's third year, he has the experience while this is the CBC 10s first SCT.

Reid is a very good player but he stands very flat when he kicks. CBC have a couple of big players who would have a chance of blocking him down.
....Till I Die
Beginner

Post by ....Till I Die »

Vincent_Dunlop wrote:
bunty85 wrote: CBC also lost a couple of out halfs to injury who could have played
Yea is that Blonde Munster guy out for the cup or will he be back for any of the matches?

How did Nerm do his shoulder? I didn't see it happen on T.V.
....Till I Die
Beginner

Post by ....Till I Die »

Vincent_Dunlop wrote:

The blonde out-half is out for another 6weeks.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

true blue 06 wrote:

belvo prop nermin lovic is out for the rest of the cup
Pity. Guy is an animal, looks about 27! :shock:
Vincent_Dunlop
Beginner

Post by Vincent_Dunlop »

Was talkin to a teammate of his, He fell awkardly from a tackle and dislocated his shoulder, having an operation on it this week.. He's gonna be out for a good while
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

rock 10-10 clongowes

exciting game, clongowes are a much better team than rock . last second penalty from clongowes 10 ciaran wade to take the game to a replay. clongowes dominated possesion, rock had a momennt of magic and a great try. clongowes and their fans seemed delighted with the result , like they had won the cup.. seemed strange, they just didnn't take their chances , rock are average.. by rock standards
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

true blue 06 wrote:rock 10-10 clongowes

exciting game, clongowes are a much better team than rock . last second penalty from clongowes 10 ciaran wade to take the game to a replay. clongowes dominated possesion, rock had a momennt of magic and a great try. clongowes and their fans seemed delighted with the result , like they had won the cup.. seemed strange, they just didnn't take their chances , rock are average.. by rock standards
Dunno man, think rock showed they're true class in the last 20.
Ref had a big part to play today. talked an awful lot. stop start in places.

When is the replay?
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

How did Rock manage not to win that. Clongowes were much the better team but didn't put on the scores. In the last 10, with a 3 point lead(try was quality by Gav Greene) and under the posts, then give away stupid free kick and allow Clongowes another stupid penalty to draw it. That'll feel like a defeat for Rock.

Why wasn't Hillary playing from the start, isn't he rock's captain?
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

true blue 06 wrote:rock 10-10 clongowes

I'm not so sure, the Clongowes pack were much bigger, but they really had very little invention in the backs. Reminded me of England in recent times. Rock on the other hand were beaten up front, but were comfortably more dangerous out wide. Clongowes would stil have to be favourites for the replay, but whoever progresses will have a tough time winning the cup.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

don't know when the replay is. the semis are on the 25th and 27th of feb so the replay is probably next week, might not be in dbrook if last year is anything to go by when cwc and marys drew a qf , the replay was in athy and not on tv.
at 10-7 to rock, rock had an advantage uner the cwc posts, mcginty , the rock 9 got penalised for a dummy at the ruck, rock never got the ball back from this and it led to the cwc kick. i dont really understand the rule, the rock players seemed a bit bemused too
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

oh no where do we go!
Beginner

Post by oh no where do we go! »

efficient 10 man rugby by clongowes, but rock did front up well, the clongowes 5 should have seen 10 mins in the bin.

why do they bother having backs, why not just play an extra 5 wing forwards!

does a replay prove beneficial or does it detract from a teams chances?
last year clongowes had a qf replay as well

who will win the 2nd time around?