Leinster Senior Cup 2008

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster Senior Cup 2008

Post by Slipper1 »

oh no where do we go! wrote:the cohesion and fludity was incredible, they willl steamroll marys (who were fortunate to win by so much yesterday)
Cohesion and fluidity no less! - words seldom heard about rugby in Leinster for many years.
Get in the f%~king bag.
silly punt
Enlightened

Post by silly punt »

CBC have much more than Gary Foley up "the centre all day". Their backrow are superb, the hooker was immense yesterday & they also have the outside backs to finish things off.

Marys beat CBC in a friendly on a wet day & a heavy pitch, I think this will help the CBC coaching ticket to keep their feet firmly on the ground.

Yesterday was an awesome performance, but they need 2 more performances of a similar standard & then the cup will return to the Town for the first time since the classic 3-0 victory against Castleknock in 1976 (the first rugby game I ever attended).
Experience is the name everyone gives to their failures
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

silly punt wrote:CBC have
much more than Gary Foley up "the centre all day".
Their backrow are superb, the hooker was immense yesterday & they also have the outside backs to finish things off.

Marys beat CBC in a friendly on a wet day & a heavy pitch, I think this will help the CBC coaching ticket to keep their feet firmly on the ground.

Yesterday was an awesome performance, but they need 2 more performances of a similar standard & then the cup will return to the Town for the first time since the classic 3-0 victory against Castleknock in 1976 (the first rugby game I ever attended).
oh i know cbc are superb in other positions but mary's 13 is small, a good player... only in 4th year. he'll be a brilliant player when he's in 6th year but i think foley will have too much for the marys centres
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

i was very impressed with CBC, and the third (?) try they got was a peach, 13 drifting out and taking out defenders and a backrower coming on his inside to beat two (weak) tackles. As impressive a try as you will see at any level this season
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Rob K
Knowledgeable

Post by Rob K »

Good to see Michael's being brought down to earth with a rather large bang :lol: :lol: :lol:
WINNER
Beginner

Post by WINNER »

true blue 06 wrote:monkstown 30-3 st.michaels

cbc were bigger better stronger . michaels were blown off the park by the ref but monkstown fully deserve it, hope they win it. felt very sorry for noel reid, he gave it his all and outhalf was one of few positions where michaels were better. fair play to cbc though

30 - 3

NOW GET STUFFED
ruggerbugger
Beginner

Post by ruggerbugger »

Apart from losing the match, I think this is the worst thing that could have happened to Monkstown. After coming into the competition as everybodys dark horse and beating Columbas very unconvincingly in the 1st round, they basically did a 180 degree flip by killing Michaels. Destroying one of the "Big 6" (the holders no less) by 27 points in a Quarter-Final at Donnybrook is a fantastic feat but maybe they won by too much if that is possible. Since the turn of the year they lost their 3 friendly matches. They were all away games but very close. Not a good sign as they werent able to win a close game (lost to some English team 14-0, Rock 21-6 and Marys 12-8). I hope they dont go into the Marys game believing that it is a routine for them to make the final. It will be very hard for them to recapture that performance but I hope they do it.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Rob K wrote:Good to see Michael's being brought down to earth with a rather large bang :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's a huge crater in Ballsbridge apparently! :lol:
kerpal
Beginner

Post by kerpal »

i would love to see monkstown do it, but do you idiots really think that comments like
'they are really unstoppable' and 'they will wipe the floor with marys' are going to help their cause???
this is in my opinion the exact reason why the big 6 are so called, because despite often producing outstanding results in the cup competitions, they keep their feet on the ground and never get carried away. i have gone to neither a big 6 school or a mediocre school, and i have no preference, as i said i hope cbc win.
But come on, a wonderful preformance in the q-finals will not win u the cup, and the best way to bring that perfromance into the semi final is not by having aforementioned clowns overhyping their team.
Vincent_Dunlop
Beginner

Post by Vincent_Dunlop »

ruggerbugger wrote:. (Lost to some English team 14-0.
They went to Bristol to face to number 1 ranked school in England, of which 3 players are already signed on professional contracts to Bath ( for when they finish their schooling ) And 11 others have been offered scholarships at some of Europe's top Uni's..

Although they lost 14-0, this was a great performance by them!

But yea, they'll need to keep their feet on the ground and not get caught in the whirlwind.

And yea, as Kerpal was kinda saying, they still have 2 games to play against very good opposition, and anything can happen!

Marys could do to CBC, what CBC did to Michaels...
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

kerpal wrote:i would love to see monkstown do it, but do you idiots really think that comments like
'they are really unstoppable' and 'they will wipe the floor with marys' are going to help their cause???
this is in my opinion the exact reason why the big 6 are so called, because despite often producing outstanding results in the cup competitions, they keep their feet on the ground and never get carried away. i have gone to neither a big 6 school or a mediocre school, and i have no preference, as i said i hope cbc win.
But come on, a wonderful preformance in the q-finals will not win u the cup, and the best way to bring that perfromance into the semi final is not by having aforementioned clowns overhyping their team.
while some people may get carried away, i don't think the team will as mary's are one of few teams that they have lost to, they'll know they'll have to put in another big performance
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

ruggerbugger
Beginner

Post by ruggerbugger »

eh Vincent-Dunlop, who the f%~k are you? I have asked so many people in my year but nobody knows and you obviously go to CBC as how else would you know about Guerin. What year are you in? You would have to be a 4th, 5th or 6th year
Vincent_Dunlop
Beginner

Post by Vincent_Dunlop »

ruggerbugger wrote:eh Vincent-Dunlop, who the f%~k are you? I have asked so many people in my year but nobody knows and you obviously go to CBC as how else would you know about Guerin. What year are you in? You would have to be a 4th, 5th or 6th year

Not in CBC, I know Ryan Corcoran,one of the coaches, Have seen all of CBC's games.

..thats how i know about him and the team
Inside scoop
Beginner

Post by Inside scoop »

ruggerbugger wrote:Apart from losing the match, I think this is the worst thing that could have happened to Monkstown. After coming into the competition as everybodys dark horse and beating Columbas very unconvincingly in the 1st round, they basically did a 180 degree flip by killing Michaels. Destroying one of the "Big 6" (the holders no less) by 27 points in a Quarter-Final at Donnybrook is a fantastic feat but maybe they won by too much if that is possible. Since the turn of the year they lost their 3 friendly matches. They were all away games but very close. Not a good sign as they werent able to win a close game (lost to some English team 14-0, Rock 21-6 and Marys 12-8). I hope they dont go into the Marys game believing that it is a routine for them to make the final. It will be very hard for them to recapture that performance but I hope they do it.

Monkstown lost to belvo this season also!
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

ruggerbugger wrote:eh Vincent-Dunlop, who the f%~k are you? I have asked so many people in my year but nobody knows and you obviously go to CBC as how else would you know about Guerin. What year are you in? You would have to be a 4th, 5th or 6th year
Hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

Clongowes v Rock , the replay @ 2 pm in donnybrook
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

ruggerbugger
Beginner

Post by ruggerbugger »

Rock lose twice to Clongowes in consecutive days. Brilliant. 12-9 to Clongowes
So:
Clongowes v Belvo
and
Marys v CBC
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

ruggerbugger wrote:Rock lose twice to Clongowes in consecutive days. Brilliant. 12-9 to Clongowes
So:
Clongowes v Belvo
and
Marys v CBC
great game, very exciting... as a michaels past pupil its nice that rock are out of both competitions at the qf stage but i like the way they play. they spread it wide when they can which is good to see. schools rugby has become very forward orientated and a big pack and decent half backs will always do alright in the cup. fair play to cwc... belvo next , should be brilliant
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Rock out at the qf's of both JCT and SCT before the mid term...must be the worst Rock cup year ever, can't remember much worse(mind you its all relative to their standards). The Clongowes lads must be in great form tonight. The sf's should be brilliant, looking forward to them.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Never thought I'd say this but I felt sorry for Rock yesterday. I thought they offered more than Clongowes over the two games. They'll be forever kicking themselves that they did not take that penalty under the posts in the first match. Didn't see the injury to the Rock scrum half - anyone know what happened.
A forward dominated Jesuit semi final could be a bit of a bore but the CBC Marys match should be a cracker.
Last edited by Grumpy Old Man on February 10th, 2008, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
A proud Winsome Fluter