Leinster Junior cup 2008

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

bunty85
Knowledgeable

Re: Leinster Junior cup 2008

Post by bunty85 »

Show Spoiler:
Its true alright, wasn't at it but its has it up on the domestic leinster site. How many Jc's have Clongowes won? I remember them not really being much of a contender when I was in school.
oh no where do we go!
Beginner

Post by oh no where do we go! »

i dont think they have won it since the 50's, i think its around their 6th or 7th title
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

fair play to clongowes, much better team, haadn't seen them before that but knew they were bound to be good judging by the way they put away rock. not sure how many j's titles they have, last time they had won it was 1956 but all there players had these stars on the sleeve of their jersey like you see with a lot of soccer teams, they had 4 stars, i presume they meant 4 cups
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
ruggerbugger
Beginner

Post by ruggerbugger »

Ye, its their 5th Junior Cup and their first one since 1952
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

wasnt a competition really. Clongowes were a class above in all facets of the game. Felt sorry for the michaels guys at the end, the just weren't at the races
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.