Vinnie Murray and Godfrey Cups

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ckav wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
ckav wrote: this is my issue ...... all this gossip and say-so is just fine when we're all slagging off Eddie O'Sullivan. But it's a different thing altogether when any other topic is debated. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
You didn't have a problem accepting it with regard to the CUS did you? In fact you went further, suggesting that the kid was a victim of GBH!!!!!! A suggestion that had no basis in fact whatsoever and was ENTIRELY conjecture :? :?
I most certainly did, Flash. Go back and read the posts again. I wrote yesterday at 1157 am that "it sounds like conjecture .. it would be interesting to get the real story".
And this morning at 0931 am I wrote the following:
"It might be worthwhile clarifying a few things here.

NOBODY knows the full story behind what happened at CUS. We've had everything from a "few slaps" to "concussion" mentioned on this thread. "

Will you apologise for misrepresenting me, just as you asked me to apologise for misrepresenting you on another thread?
CKAV, you wrote the point on conjecture and then proceeded to engage in more conjecture and speculation than anyone on either of the schools threads!!! That's the point, that's what I'm saying!!!

You complained and criticised others for conjecture - yet you blindly accepted the word of somebody you don't know and proceeded to talk about concussion and even GBH (which nobody mentioned or suggested) - your posts were about as speculative and conjecture based as anything on this board. :?
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Flash Gordon wrote:
ckav wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: You didn't have a problem accepting it with regard to the CUS did you? In fact you went further, suggesting that the kid was a victim of GBH!!!!!! A suggestion that had no basis in fact whatsoever and was ENTIRELY conjecture :? :?
I most certainly did, Flash. Go back and read the posts again. I wrote yesterday at 1157 am that "it sounds like conjecture .. it would be interesting to get the real story".
And this morning at 0931 am I wrote the following:
"It might be worthwhile clarifying a few things here.

NOBODY knows the full story behind what happened at CUS. We've had everything from a "few slaps" to "concussion" mentioned on this thread. "

Will you apologise for misrepresenting me, just as you asked me to apologise for misrepresenting you on another thread?
CKAV, you wrote the point on conjecture and then proceeded to engage in more conjecture and speculation than anyone on either of the schools threads!!! That's the point, that's what I'm saying!!!

You complained and criticised others for conjecture - yet you blindly accepted the word of somebody you don't know and proceeded to talk about concussion and even GBH (which nobody mentioned or suggested) - your posts were about as speculative and conjecture based as anything on this board. :?

arrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

(BTW I took out that bit about misrepresenting and apologising because I don't feel it belongs in a discussion like this.)

NO, I didn't! What I was very very careful to do, was to emphasise several times, that we did not have any facts, and that we needed to have some!

Someone else brought up concussion, I asked for more evidence, and then used conditional tenses, such as "willing to bet it could be" to refer to the concussion and any legal terms associated with it!

Please, read back over my messages - I've been extremely careful and anaytical on this one!
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Wednesday, March 15th

At Westmanstown (Garda RFC)
Fr. Godfrey Semi Final Replay - The High School 0 v 0 The King's Hospital*
*Replay date tba

Draw again. That means a secon replay[/quote]
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Just thought i'd let ye know that after imense pressure from the parents of players on the whole team, including the victim's, the school has been forced into a u-turn and is allowing the 6 players to play in the final
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Tomorrow's the big day lads. The second ever cup final for CUS, the first coming over 50 years ago. Can't focking wait! Should be brilliant if we win as there are fockin loads of past pupils going.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

CUS win the Fr Godfrey Cup.

CUS 19 Kings Hos 7

Fockin brilliant. First time to win a cup in 50 years
:D

Last edited by thecoolfreak on April 6th, 2006, 1:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

And the Vinny Murray Cup? :?:
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

And the Vinny Murray Cup?
I think KH won that
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

You gotta be kidding me?! :?
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Jaysus - KH beat CBC 36-25 ....... oh the shame. :oops:
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

KH beat CBC 36-25 ....... oh the shame
KH were good this year. I remember playing them last year and there whole team was made up mainly of 5th years who were fockin massive and pretty damn handy