AIB Leagues

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

AIB Leagues

Post by thecoolfreak »

Just thought I'd get this thread going
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Re: AIB Leagues

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Lansdowne struggling this season at their new home. 'Stones look doomed at the bottom. 'Tarf are looking the most likely to break the Munster domination at the top of the table. Shannon vs. Cork Con should be some match next time out - the winner of that will take control at the top of the table.
groundhog
Knowledgeable

Post by groundhog »

The sooner these leagues get restructured the better, Naas had bigger crowds at their Leinster League games last year, in fact there was a bigger crowd at the Cill Dara v Navan game than the Ternure v OB AIL game...

Everyone knows that a 10 team permiership is the future followed by provincial senior leagues....
The French pulled up the Scots' kilts and discovered they had no balls - Zinzan Brooke
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

groundhog wrote:Everyone knows that a 10 team permiership is the future followed by provincial senior leagues....
Amen, brother
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

Well down here in the Gulag Cork Con are looking pretty good. About half the team, at least, is made up up of ex-UCC players.

In Division 2 UCC are unbeaten & they must have a pretty good chance of going up. Maybe then the drain of their best players to Cork Con will cease.

Overall I hope 'Tarf break the Munster Stranglehold, Stillorgan Tech stay up & Trinners & UCC are promoted.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Great win for us against UL yesterday in the AIB Cup.
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

Fair play to Rock, Cork Con stuffed them last year so beating them yesterday must have been sweet.

Needless to say The Natives down here won't be happy...............
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Exile wrote:Fair play to Rock, Cork Con stuffed them last year so beating them yesterday must have been sweet.

was just going to post something similar, Exile.
Big scalp for the stradbrook boys. Decent afternoons entertainment by all accounts too
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Darce wrote:
Exile wrote:Fair play to Rock, Cork Con stuffed them last year so beating them yesterday must have been sweet.

was just going to post something similar, Exile.
Big scalp for the stradbrook boys. Decent afternoons entertainment by all accounts too
Don't worry Collidge will knock them out in the quarters.
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

I weent to UCC V Shannon yesterday, arrived @ 2.25, with the game well in progress. Kick-off was at two, apparently the same happened at Stradbrook.

Why the earlier kick-off time? Why wasn't it widely publicized?
the general
Beginner

Post by the general »

The 2pm kick offs were to allow for extra time if it was required. Everything I saw noted the 2 o'clock kickoffs!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

There are a number of games at 2.30 next Saturday competing directly with Leinster V Toulouse.

Why not play these on Friday evening where both teams are local, Saturday evening or Sunday?
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

the general wrote:The 2pm kick offs were to allow for extra time if it was required. Everything I saw noted the 2 o'clock kickoffs!
With the notable exception of RTE/GAA. On Aertel all matches were shown as starting at 2:30.

Deliberate misinformation or just carelessness ? ?

Errors are beginning to happen too often on its rugby pages, to be jusr down to carelessness :roll: :roll: :roll:
T - 45
Psycho B
Graduate

Post by Psycho B »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
the general wrote:The 2pm kick offs were to allow for extra time if it was required. Everything I saw noted the 2 o'clock kickoffs!
With the notable exception of RTE/GAA. On Aertel all matches were shown as starting at 2:30.

Errors are beginning to happen too often on its rugby pages, to be jusr down to carelessness :roll: :roll: :roll:
Its probably the rugby clubs fault. They are notorius for being slow on this kind of stuff
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

the spoofer wrote:There are a number of games at 2.30 next Saturday competing directly with Leinster V Toulouse.

Why not play these on Friday evening where both teams are local, Saturday evening or Sunday?
UCD are playing Clontarf on Saturday. Why not play this game under lights at the bowl after the Leinster match and put an advertisement for it in the programme for the Leinster match. Would be sure to draw a few extra punters
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Psycho B wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote:

Its probably the rugby clubs fault. They are notorius for being slow on this kind of stuff
As far as I know, the times are set and released by the IRFU/AIL, because it's their competition.
T - 45
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

thecoolfreak wrote:
the spoofer wrote:There are a number of games at 2.30 next Saturday competing directly with Leinster V Toulouse.

UCD are playing Clontarf on Saturday. Why not play this game under lights at the bowl after the Leinster match and put an advertisement for it in the programme for the Leinster match. Would be sure to draw a few extra punters
Kick off switched to 3pm, Saturday, for all those interested
T - 45
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

Just back from The 'Dyke. UCC 18 Suttonians 13. Suttonians faded a bit in the second half. Game played in a monsoon, a good tough old-fashioned game of rugby.
lff12
Bookworm

Post by lff12 »

thecoolfreak wrote:

All the provinces do it. Thats a regular occurance in the world of the AIB league. Not sure what planet they are living on that they manage to schedule so many games to start more or less simultaneously. Lack of imagination perhaps?
------------
I came by fax.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

collidge make up for their disappointing loss to tarf with a solid win over galwegians. Mid-table mediocrity here we come!!!
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.