AIB Leagues

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

FrankBurke
Mullet

Re: AIB Leagues

Post by FrankBurke »

I know I've said this before but 2.30 kick-off next Saturday in AIB Leagues 2 and 3 doesn't make sense. Wales v Scotland kicks off at 2.00 and Ireland v France at 4.00.

WOuld it not make more sense to have the kick-offs at noon on Saturday or on Sunday?
General Collins
Graduate

Post by General Collins »

Or in UCC's case - just get the game cancelled - genius..........

I agree though, the AIL should have at least looked to bring the ko's back to 2pm. At least then the Irish game wouldn't be compromised.

I had hoped to go watch Sunday's Well, but it will take me another 10 mins to get home from Musgrave Park which means i'd miss the kick-off.

A bit of common sense wouldn't go astray in these circumstances.
If only you'd given me time,
what a country we'd now live in.......
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

oh no where do we go! wrote:are college playing ireland u-19's this sunday in belfield?
The J1's plus a few of the 20's are playing Ireland U19's on Sunday
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

wanderers v clonakilty tomorrow... huge match for both teams,ex ireland coach gerry murphy has been appointed new wfc coach. he joins the coaching staff with emmet byrne and christian warner- who is starting centre to help keep wannderers up
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

true blue 06 wrote:wanderers v clonakilty tomorrow... huge match for both teams,ex ireland coach gerry murphy has been appointed new wfc coach. he joins the coaching staff with emmet byrne and christian warner- who is starting centre to help keep wannderers up
Come on Clon!
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

General Collins wrote:Or in UCC's case - just get the game cancelled - genius..........

I agree though, the AIL should have at least looked to bring the ko's back to 2pm. At least then the Irish game wouldn't be compromised.

I had hoped to go watch Sunday's Well, but it will take me another 10 mins to get home from Musgrave Park which means i'd miss the kick-off.

A bit of common sense wouldn't go astray in these circumstances.
Do you know whne the UCC v Young Munster game has been rescheduled General? I wouldn't put it past Young Munster to have a certain O'Connell P playing for them....
General Collins
Graduate

Yeah, it's on Sunday March 16th - the day after the Ire vs Eng game in Twickers....
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

General Collins wrote:Yeah, it's on Sunday March 16th - the day after the Ire vs Eng game in Twickers....

Same day as the Schools Final then.
General Collins
Graduate

I know - what a disaster

How does one be in the two places at the one time.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

tough loss for collidge, although the report in the paper said vas scored the try of the match, beating three defenders to score. Looks like he's developing nicely, a future leinster flyer (although i still wont fogive him for his hat-trick in the jnr cup final a few years back, denying zaga their first trophy :cry: )
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

tate wrote:tough loss for collidge, although the report in the paper said vas scored the try of the match, beating three defenders to score. Looks like he's developing nicely, a future leinster flyer (although i still wont fogive him for his hat-trick in the jnr cup final a few years back, denying zaga their first trophy :cry: )
He certainly has that out and out gas in the Hickie mould. Haven't seen much of him recently. How his he going backwards and hows his kicking game?
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Darce wrote:
tate wrote:tough loss for collidge, although the report in the paper said vas scored the try of the match, beating three defenders to score. Looks like he's developing nicely, a future leinster flyer (although i still wont fogive him for his hat-trick in the jnr cup final a few years back, denying zaga their first trophy :cry: )
He certainly has that out and out gas in the Hickie mould. Haven't seen much of him recently. How his he going backwards and hows his kicking game?
ive seen sh!t all of him as well darce cos the firsts games are on the same time as mine are, but the fact that he is still eligible for the u20s and starting on the firsts says a lot to me.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

General Collins wrote:I know - what a disaster

How does one be in the two places at the one time.
Well General, the Schools Final won't be in Cork now. Quie a few Pres Boys staggering around work today with glazed expressions on their faces, I reckon they thought Casteltroy was a golf club not a rugby school.

Anyway it'll be College v Young Munster for me now on the 16th.
General Collins
Graduate

Exile wrote:[Well General, the Schools Final won't be in Cork now. Quie a few Pres Boys staggering around work today with glazed expressions on their faces, I reckon they thought Casteltroy was a golf club not a rugby school.

Anyway it'll be College v Young Munster for me now on the 16th.
Unbelievable - i actually thought it was an April fools joke. What's even more surprising is the strength of the 'tation team this year. We had something along the lines of 13 representative players, with 8 of them lining out for the Irish schools/U 19's.

It's an absolute disgrace losing to such a team - it wouldn't have happened in my day..... :wink:

Had already decided to attend the College match anyway - and this weekend's game between Highfield and YM's should be a nice little appetizer.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

true blue 06 wrote:wanderers v clonakilty tomorrow... huge match for both teams,ex ireland coach gerry murphy has been appointed new wfc coach. he joins the coaching staff with emmet byrne and christian warner- who is starting centre to help keep wannderers up
Gerry played for and coached The Chaps many moons ago.
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
silly punt
Enlightened

Post by silly punt »

Mauler wrote:
What happened to Spraggs?
Experience is the name everyone gives to their failures
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

he lurks, occasionally posting when he sees fit
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Ridiculous situation in Castle Avenue last Saturday when the AIL1 match between Tarf & Stones had uncontested scrums for the last 30 minutes of the game. Farcical.
T - 45
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

good win for UCD over blackrock, 33-3 up with 10 mins to go, eventually winning 38-29. Sees us within shouting distance of a play-off spot, which is great but even better considering at the start of the season i was doubtful we would stay up with the players we lost.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

silly punt wrote:
Mauler wrote:
What happened to Spraggs?[/quote]

sacked, still Director of Rugby though
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008