Twitter Test, dont expect to work

This area is for testing things before posting them properly. We promise we won't laugh at your mistakes.

Moderator: moderators

simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Twitter Test, dont expect to work

Post by simonno6 »

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>unreal day out....leinster are an amazing team..if they went to southern hemisphere they would wipe the floor...rob kearney had a great game</p>&mdash; Niall Horan (@NiallOfficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/NiallOfficial/statu ... 71296">May 19, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Twitter Test, dont expect to work

Post by meinster »

Not a chance! <script> tags are way too risky to allow users post!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

meinster wrote:Not a chance! <script> tags are way too risky to allow users post!
Fair enough - I know this board is getting on a bit in terms of technology but embedding tweets would be an interesting feature all the same.
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

simonno6 wrote:embedding tweets would be an interesting feature all the same.
Agreed. The problem is that if it's not part of the core software (phpBB), then it's a hack (plugin) that is one more weak point for attack, and it has to be maintained. Given that the site is voluntarily run, a higher-profile site, and is free, it's probably better not to add too many plugins.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Yeh you're absolutely right. We don't need any turnip Kevin Mitnick wannabes trying to take down our beloved fans forum!! :)