Leinster Senior Cup 2008

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster Senior Cup 2008

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

CBC v Marys result.
Show Spoiler:
Marys won 22-10 - I believe it was a great game but my source may be biased!
A proud Winsome Fluter
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Thanking you.
o_dricilles
Knowledgeable

Post by o_dricilles »

oops
Last edited by o_dricilles on February 26th, 2008, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make new friends with salad.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

o_dricilles wrote:edited
WTF dude. u just ruined the focking game for every. Edit the f%~king thing now
Last edited by Darce on February 26th, 2008, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
o_dricilles
Knowledgeable

Post by o_dricilles »

Darce wrote:
o_dricilles wrote:
Show Spoiler:
wow, favorites out... Personally now I think its Belvo's to lose
shite, sorry...
Make new friends with salad.
Inside scoop
Beginner

Post by Inside scoop »

Hate to say I told you so! Was laughed at when I suggested it!
Show Spoiler:
20-10 is bad! Can't wait to see the game! monkstown are serious bottlers! This year was there best chance to win it!
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

i love the way people get angry about the scores being revealed on this thread... surely if you want to watch it on setanta later just avoid this one topic for a few hours!!!
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
Inside scoop
Beginner

Post by Inside scoop »

anyone else's setanta brake? Didnt get to see the second half!
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

simonno6 wrote:i love the way people get angry about the scores being revealed on this thread... surely if you want to watch it on setanta later just avoid this one topic for a few hours!!!
How about people just think before they post. Its standard practice that people on forums post scores in spoilers. I know on some forum you'll get banned for not doing it, and rightly so.
Also the thread is not simply about the scores of games. There's been plenty of chat about selection, coaches, etc etc. that people might want to see and thus they will read the thread and then have the game they wanted to watched spoiled
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Inside scoop wrote:anyone else's setanta brake? Didnt get to see the second half!
Yeah, they say they are reshowing the game at 10.30 tonight.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Darce wrote:
o_dricilles wrote:edited to preserve Darces blushes
Oi Darce - if you are going to complain about someone giving away the outcome (and I agree with you on that point) - Don't quote what they say and leave your quote there :wink:
A proud Winsome Fluter
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

Inside scoop wrote:anyone else's setanta brake? Didnt get to see the second half!

yeah mine broke too
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

true blue 06 wrote:

yeah mine broke too
technical difficulty with the provider.afaik the soccer match was delayed as a result as well....
Muhammed Ollie- moves like a butterfly, scrummages like an argie!!!

Ollie Le Roux- Gone but never forgotten.
oh no where do we go!
Beginner

Post by oh no where do we go! »

i think (not 100% sure) that its being shown at 10.30
Show Spoiler:
Marys 22 CBC 10

3-0 ht to CBC who unfortunately were quite naive tactically, the wind was with them but they failed to capitalise.
The best 'team' won, Marys might not have had the leinster u-19 back row or midfield but they had heart and determination
but by God they were prepared to die for each other, and when the no14 came from nowhere to tackle the no6 (grannell - who i must say my sympathy goes out to, he must feel gutted, poor guy) that injected so much self belief into the team that once they went in front they were never going to be caught.

To be fair to monkstown they didn't underperform, they didn't bottle, they just couldn't match Marys sheer determination not to lose.

I don't know where this leaves Marys in relation to the final, but they're there, and the rest is for another day

At least CBC got a trophy and gave us more entertainment than the clongowes pick and drive joke
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

Yes , Kieley's in Donnybrook's did but ....... oops had another comment here but realised half way through that I'd be giving the game away.
"Look what Leinster have done again"
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Darce wrote:
simonno6 wrote:i love the way people get angry about the scores being revealed on this thread... surely if you want to watch it on setanta later just avoid this one topic for a few hours!!!
How about people just think before they post. Its standard practice that people on forums post scores in spoilers. I know on some forum you'll get banned for not doing it, and rightly so.
Also the thread is not simply about the scores of games. There's been plenty of chat about selection, coaches, etc etc. that people might want to see and thus they will read the thread and then have the game they wanted to watched spoiled
avoiding it for 2-3 hours would hardly be the end of the world dorce..
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

A case of the better team on the day winning today, athough some of the Monkstown players wil have to look critically at their performances. Of the much vaunted backrow, only their blind side showed all the way through the game (although he was guilty of getting greedy and blowing their best try opportunity in the first half). Apart from the scrum their No.8 was completely AWOL, a ruck inspector who did nothing all game (apart from a few strong carries from the back of the scrum), very dissapointing overall performance for a Leinster schools captain. Looked like losing one of their props before the game hurt Monkstown badly, they really struggled at scrumtime and also Marys set about their lineout very successfully. Monkstown didn't seem to have the foggiest about how to defend the maul, hitting in one's and two's a lot they gave Mary's a free ride.

Of the two semi's I can only really see Mary's winning now, but in a one off game you never know...
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
silly punt
Enlightened

Post by silly punt »

Well done to St Mary's they thoroughly desrved the victory, they got their tactics spot on. They slowed CBC ball down & when they had the ball they grinded out the hard yards, they rucked & mauled CBC of the park.

There were several interesting decisions, CBC won the toss, their coaching team told them to play against the wind, the captain signaled to the ref that they wanted to play with the wind & when the CBC coach asked the ref to change it he refused (rightly so). Then CBC had a 3 on 1 overlap where the Marys wing delibaretly knocked on 5 metres from his line, the ref only gave a penalty, a lot of other referees would have given a penalty try & the player should have been yellow carded. Then Grannell made a 60 metre break & just as he was about to ground the ball the small Marys winger made the tackle of his life to dislodge the ball. It is all if's & buts for CBC.

At the end of the day the better team won the the game well done to them & the best of luck to them in what will be a battle of the packs in the final.
Experience is the name everyone gives to their failures
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

I think the tackle by the Marys wing won them the match. Absolutley superb. There was a camera shot on Setanta that showed him almost at the touchline as the CBC player was in the middle of the pitch, just outside the 22. Marys seemed to take great heart from it and dominated from thereon in.

Also noticed that the CBC kicker didn't use a kicking tee for either the penalty or the conversion but dropped goals instead. Presume this was due to the wind - the Marys kicker seemed to have a difficulty in positioning the ball.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:I think the tackle by the Marys wing won them the match. Absolutley superb. There was a camera shot on Setanta that showed him almost at the touchline as the CBC player was in the middle of the pitch, just outside the 22. Marys seemed to take great heart from it and dominated from thereon in.
Focking Super hit. You'll struggle to find a more important tackle in any game at any level.

http://www.rugbydump.com should try get hold it of for their Try Saver and Rib Breakers video series!
Last edited by Darce on February 27th, 2008, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on