Leinster Senior Cup 2008

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

bunty85
Knowledgeable

Re: Leinster Senior Cup 2008

Post by bunty85 »

Ye number 14 really won them the game. It should have been a try and the intentional knock should have been as well. CBC only went in with a 3 point lead, should have been a lot more. You could see the belief it gave Marys in the 2nd half with CBC defending a slender lead. They mauled the CBC pack at every possible occasion. CBC lost nearly their whole front 5 by the end with injuries. Marys dominated the 2nd half, CBC only started to play when they scored the 2nd try. Well done Marys, no 14 will be a legend in that school for many years.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

i only saw the second half on tv. was very impressed by marys, they showed great determination. cbc just weren't the same. in the qfs they looked ready to kill someone out there but yesterday it was marys with all the energy. richard bent , the marys captain and 8 was great. when i heard he was captain and no.8 i was surprised because he's not the biggest guy but he was excellent in defence and attack. his break from the scrum for o'neills try at the end was brilliant. in the second half marys seemed to starve them of possesion. up until yesterday cbc hadn't conceded a try, marys scored 2 excellently taken tries and another push over try. well done to them. on the basis of that they should be favourites as we still haven't seen a whole lot from belvo
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

The number 8 for Mary's was very, very impressive. One of the best backrow players I've seen at this level
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Have to mention the prop Jack McGrath too, a fine ball carrying player. Marys employed simple tactics, pick and drive-maul, in the 2nd half. CBC were unfortunate not to be in front after 1st half and some of the refs calls. McGrath and the rest of the mary's 8 battered the injury hit CBC pack from there on in.
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

Show Spoiler:
Belvo win 11-10. Marys' will be kicking them selves for not scoring a 2nd try before half time. in the end, belvo took their chances and marys didnt.
Last edited by Ryan_89 on March 17th, 2008, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muhammed Ollie- moves like a butterfly, scrummages like an argie!!!

Ollie Le Roux- Gone but never forgotten.
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

Ryan_89 wrote:Belvo win 11-10. Marys' will be kicking them selves for not scoring a 2nd try before half time. in the end, belvo took their chances and marys didnt.

Belvo win! All is right with the world......
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Spoilers please, Chaps :roll: :roll: :roll:
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Darce wrote:Spoilers please, Chaps :roll: :roll: :roll:
The game was on live on tv
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

thecoolfreak wrote:
The game was on live on tv
It was also repeated this evening and will be repeated again in the coming days...
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

People often discuss international and provincial games in threads without spoilers after its been on live-no difference I think. Besides I remember seeing last year just after Michaels won saying in the title they had won, nobody really cared then.
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

:oops: sorry fixed now...

Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Ryan_89 wrote:
What for? This is a thread about the Leinster Senior Cup, and if Darce didn't want to know the result then he shouldn't have clicked on the thread. What are we supposed to do, not talk about until everyone has seen it?
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

I saw bits and pieces of this game on TV - looked like a big crowd at it. What was the official attendance does any one know?
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

11k I think
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

Mauler wrote:I saw bits and pieces of this game on TV - looked like a big crowd at it. What was the official attendance does any one know?
the attendance was poor imo, when the games were in lr there were always 20k plus, was so shocked by the attendance, thought they would definitely fill the rds
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

Leinster Zulu wrote:
Ryan_89 wrote:
What for? This is a thread about the Leinster Senior Cup, and if Darce didn't want to know the result then he shouldn't have clicked on the thread. What are we supposed to do, not talk about until everyone has seen it?
meh...people have been asking for spoilers through the whole competition.

CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

From Irish Tmes
BEFORE THEIR match against Lansdowne at Anglesea Road last week, the All-Ireland League side Old Belvedere kindly invited the Belvedere Leinster Schools Senior Cup-winning side to the pre-match lunch. The Old Belvo president stood up and regaled his audience with a stirring speech about the club's place at the top table of rugby life.

The Lansdowne president then replied graciously and mostly in kind, before looking at the burly lads that had won the schools cup and saying: "I'd like to congratulate the Clontarf Academy."

Ouch!

It appears many of the successful Belvedere school side have taken residence in Castle Avenue. But, hey, while the quip may have gone down like a sewage sandwich with some of the blazers, the kids fell about the place laughing.

And . . . Old Belvo won the AIL league match 35-14.
T - 45
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Fantastic! :mrgreen:
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:From Irish Tmes
BEFORE THEIR match against Lansdowne at Anglesea Road last week, the All-Ireland League side Old Belvedere kindly invited the Belvedere Leinster Schools Senior Cup-winning side to the pre-match lunch. The Old Belvo president stood up and regaled his audience with a stirring speech about the club's place at the top table of rugby life.

The Lansdowne president then replied graciously and mostly in kind, before looking at the burly lads that had won the schools cup and saying: "I'd like to congratulate the Clontarf Academy."

Ouch!

It appears many of the successful Belvedere school side have taken residence in Castle Avenue. But, hey, while the quip may have gone down like a sewage sandwich with some of the blazers, the kids fell about the place laughing.

And . . . Old Belvo won the AIL league match 35-14.
Yes, I am sure his jokes will also be laughed at just as heartily in Division 2 next season.
Get in the f%~king bag.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

They're not down yet.