Barnhall U-18s They would take most school teams

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

jaybyrne
Bookworm

Re: Barnhall U-18s They would take most school teams

Post by jaybyrne »

z
Last edited by jaybyrne on June 23rd, 2009, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jibbly
Beginner

Post by Jibbly »

barnhall vs ???? donnybrook most likly wicklow nxt weekend!!!!!
jaybyrne
Bookworm

Post by jaybyrne »

yep and wicklow are playing in the 16s final in donnybrook before that
bluerugbyrules
Learner

Post by bluerugbyrules »

BUT -- the big question is. Will Barnhall learn from their mistakes at the last encounter and take points in front of the posts when they are begging. AND will Wicklow learn to get all players out of contact at line outs and prevent Barnhall starting their famous maul.
???????????????
jaybyrne
Bookworm

Post by jaybyrne »

xo have two injuries
Last edited by jaybyrne on June 23rd, 2009, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jibbly
Beginner

Post by Jibbly »

bluerugbyrules wrote:BUT -- the big question is. Will Barnhall learn from their mistakes at the last encounter and take points in front of the posts when they are begging. AND will Wicklow learn to get all players out of contact at line outs and prevent Barnhall starting their famous maul.
???????????????
god i hope so! ill be the guy under the posts for the winner..... if anybody wants to watch us instead of munster!!! :roll:
Jibbly
Beginner

Post by Jibbly »

26-9.... we had a point to prove and my god did we prove it! maybe we aren't the most overrated team on the internet after all. Beating the all ireland champions like that showed that we are a damn good team.
Dublinner
Bookworm

Post by Dublinner »

Well done Barnhall. They were the best team on the day. Fortunatley for Barnhall they were playing a team with an exhausting 6 hard weekends of rugby in a row. To me they are a better side than Wicklow on paper but no matter what they will always regret leaving the big one behind them. What Wicklow achieved winning u16's and U18's All Irelands in consecutive years is unlikely to be repeated in a hurry. An unbelievable achievement for a small club. That loss will do them no harm in keeping their feet on the ground when they go for Three All Irelands in a row next year. I believe most of the Barnhall lads will be ineligible next year. The entire Wicklow squad bar 4/5 lads will be eligible next year. They may lose one or two others to college etc though.
jaybyrne
Bookworm

Post by jaybyrne »

four starting players are gone
MichaelD

Post by MichaelD »

I can't believe Barnhall won this game and lost the Leinster league final. If anything the Wicklow performance was better than in the first game. I thought they were more involved and weren't stuck defending for the entire day. Ben Doyle had a great day with the ball he got (apart from the incident towards the end of course but the game was over at that stage anyway.) Fair play to Barnhall, they learned from their mistakes and went out on Sunday obviously intending to play rugby, give it a go and take their scores when they are in a position to do so. A class act compared to the league final when they couldn't turn posession into points. Wicklow certainly are a team for the future if they manage to stay together. If the lure of the bigger clubs doesn't result in too many players leaving before seniors it would be a huge boost for the club. They have some real talent and even if 4 starting players are leaving next year they must be up there contending that all ireland series again. Two great sides on display, brilliant for youths rugby! Congratulations to both teams on their tremendous seasons!
joe doyle

Post by joe doyle »

MichaelD wrote:I can't believe Barnhall won this game and lost the Leinster league final. If anything the Wicklow performance was better than in the first game. I thought they were more involved and weren't stuck defending for the entire day. Ben Doyle had a great day with the ball he got (apart from the incident towards the end of course but the game was over at that stage anyway.) Fair play to Barnhall, they learned from their mistakes and went out on Sunday obviously intending to play rugby, give it a go and take their scores when they are in a position to do so. A class act compared to the league final when they couldn't turn posession into points. Wicklow certainly are a team for the future if they manage to stay together. If the lure of the bigger clubs doesn't result in too many players leaving before seniors it would be a huge boost for the club. They have some real talent and even if 4 starting players are leaving next year they must be up there contending that all ireland series again. Two great sides on display, brilliant for youths rugby! Congratulations to both teams on their tremendous seasons!
haha whats this lad on about,as far as i can remember ben got the ball in space once on the stand side in the second half and one other time running sideways,i duno wat game u were watching