Schools Rugby 2008-09

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

thebigcheese
Beginner

Re: Schools Rugby 2008-09

Post by thebigcheese »

latest results??
I assume CUS beat KH, Newbridge beat Wesley and Pres beat Templeogue but you can never be too sure.
pulldownthemaul
Beginner

Post by pulldownthemaul »

silly punt wrote:
pulldownthemaul wrote:Leinster Youths did not get beaten by Pres Bray. They did not play them. It was probably the leinster Section A schools team. However leinster Youths did fall to Newbridge SCT
Incorrect, Leinster youths lost to Newbridge U20's.....
Sorry leinster Youths DID fall to Newbridge SCT. It was played in Newbridge College as the last trials match before theinter-pro. They ALSO lost to Newbridge RFC 20s three weeks earlier
pulldownthemaul
Beginner

thecoolfreak wrote:
bod wrote:Any word on Castleknock Seniors this year
Andy Kenny (the coach who won the SCT with Belvo) is coaching them. One thing guaranteed is that they will be well organised
Did he really do the coaching or was it one of the Rugby Development Officers ? (that's what I heard).
bluewave
Beginner

Post by bluewave »

Andy Kenny is the head coach for knock if thats what your asking?? Knock lost to Michaels 15-9 last week and are playing belvo on saturday
jaybyrne
Bookworm

Post by jaybyrne »

gerrards beat wesley
pulldownthemaul
Beginner

bluewave wrote:Andy Kenny is the head coach for knock if thats what your asking?? Knock lost to Michaels 15-9 last week and are playing belvo on saturday
No, I was asking, was he the head coach of Belvo last season or was the team coached by an RDO ?
bluewave
Beginner

Post by bluewave »

Andy Kenny has not worked in belvedere in a year or two, he has been coaching with UCD. since then. Gabriel Fulcher was the head coach in belvedere last year as far as I know
thebigcheese
Beginner

Post by thebigcheese »

any latest results. Senior and junior
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Few friendly results I've heard
Nure have beaten Belvo{19-0) and a huge result versus Rock(21-18) in recent weeks. Rock beat Marys recently and CBC drew with Michaels. All i've heard tbh, the branch aren't updating the domestic site with league results. I have heard that Roscrea, Newbridge and CBC are unbeaten in the league but im not too sure because I heard this all through my cousin.

Looks like Terenure are a very good team who could challenge Rock for the title.
hittheruck
Beginner

Post by hittheruck »

Castleknock lost to Clongowes by a point, having clawed back a big points defict at half time caused by not starting their strongest team. Haven't seen them myself but i heard that their front row is awesome and thay have 1 or 2 good backs.
Buenavista
Beginner

Post by Buenavista »

CUS lost all senior league matches and can't field a senior team tomorrow against Wesley in SCT league.
Roscrea going well on that side of league.
future international
Enlightened

Post by future international »

the CUS fan club on here will be devastated
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

future international wrote:the CUS fan club on here will be devastated
We need to give the other teams a chance. - wait until the cup, then let loose the dogs of war. Muhaaaaaaa, Muuuuhhhaaaaaaaaa
Get in the f%~king bag.
Buenavista
Beginner

Post by Buenavista »

doubt that, not if they don't even have a decent squad at this time of year.
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Buenavista wrote:doubt that, not if they don't even have a decent squad at this time of year.
Em i'm not really sure but i think that maybe just maybe he was being sarcastic
thebigcheese
Beginner

Post by thebigcheese »

Don't despair CUS fans. Our Juniors are going strong. They started the league with big wins over KH and an impressive victory over Newbridge. We lost 12-0 yesterday to Pres Bray who from what I have heard have hammered everyone they have played. It looks like we will still secure a semi final spot if we can beat Roscrea away in what will be a winner takes all game. Pres Bray are already through to the semis with 5 wins from 5. The other group doesn't look as strong so maybe, just maybe we can still reach a league final
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

thebigcheese
Beginner

Post by thebigcheese »

C'mon CUS. Back in with a chance in the senior league after we beat Pres Bray yesterday. The juniors had a good win as well. Any other results at J or S level. I know that Clongowes played Rock last weekend at Juniors
longestyard

Post by longestyard »

De La Salle hav been competing back in section B for de last 2 years at senior level after dropping down 10 years ago. Churchtown won the senior cup twice in the 80's but fell to a dramatic drop in numbers from its 700 back then to its 300/350 today. Last season didnt go so well they competed alright but i tink they lost most their games, this year though their pretty strong... Ran CBC Monkstown close in the league 29-20 and beat High School, Columbas and CUS by about 20 odd points heard they beat skerries aswell but lost 36-8 to Kilkenny and 22-7 to Gerards... mixed league so far!But its good to see a school like Churchtown back competing again, its a good incentive for some of the other smaller schools!
cbcrugby.com

Post by cbcrugby.com »

Hi all,

CBC Rugby.com, 2nd year running we provide up to date news reviews photos match stats and forums/ discussion boards to talk about matches so check out http://www.cbcrugby.com now and you will not be disapointed.

We provide free match reports and discussion boards on all Leinster School Sports matches kicking off full swing Leinster Senior and Junior Cups

So for the hottest new website in Leinster Schools rugby check out http://www.cbcrugby.com NOW