Schools Rugby 2008-09

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Re: Schools Rugby 2008-09

Post by Leinsterman »

bunty85 wrote:
Kings Hospital 30 0 Pres. Bray

Jaysus! :shock:
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Leinsterman wrote:
bunty85 wrote:

I heard that Pres were gonna be good this year too...
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

bunty85 wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
bunty85 wrote:

I heard that Pres were gonna be good this year too...
KH are not a bad team, have had a few terrible years but are generally very competitive
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

No doubting they are with such a scoreline(they qualfied with ease too for the semis). I had heard last year that Pres were going to be decent this year(losing by 30 points to any team isnt decent), was there a exodus of players like 2 years ago?
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

I havn't really followed the LSC for a while but KH always seem to surprise people each year. Credit where credit is due. That scoreline against Pres does seem excessive though
cjvan

Post by cjvan »

I was at the KH Pres game score line dose not flatter KH. They were missing there hooker prop and scrum half and did not convert one of there six tries. Pres looked a different team without there injured captain.Overall KH have had a good league campaign to date.
Last edited by cjvan on December 5th, 2008, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaybyrne
Bookworm

Post by jaybyrne »

how come columbas can play in the A cup and the league
RoscoBosco
Beginner

Post by RoscoBosco »

Newbridge are strong this year, unbeaten in the league and with two players on the Ireland U18 squad
skerrieslad
Beginner

Post by skerrieslad »

did newbridge not lose 2 templeogue der 2 weeks ago?
RoscoBosco
Beginner

Post by RoscoBosco »

Newbridge seconds lost to Templeogue firsts
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Clongowes beat 'Rock this year at junior level so they're the favourites there. Add in the fact that they've got 8 guys from the all conquering sqaud of last year and they should win. But you never know, rock and Blevo also have a shout
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ruggerbugger
Beginner

Post by ruggerbugger »

Hi, was at Monkstown Junior League Final last Thursday against Pres Bray which ended in a draw. Does anyone know when and where the replay is on? Cheers

And also, I know Monkstown also got to the semis in the Senior League. I heard the game is this Friday. Is that true? Does anyone know the opposition and where the game is scheduled to be played? Who won the other semi-final if it has already been played? Will the final now be after Christmas?

I know, loads of questions and I would appreciate it if someone could answer some of them.
Cheers
Kickingking
Beginner

Post by Kickingking »

Accroding to the Referee's website the replay between CBC and Pres Bray is set for Seapoint RFC at 14:00 on 22 December - I'm surprised it is not being played this week. You might want to check this out.

On the Senior side the Newbridge v St Gerard's match is set for St. Marys RFC at 14:00 on 17 December. I haven't heard about the other semi-final which should be between CBC and King's Hospital but again you would expect it should be played this week.

Hope this information is useful.
lebowski
Learner

Post by lebowski »

Gerards 10 Newbridge 5 :shock: Serious upset. Fair play to Gerards. Nothing was expected of them this year.
Kickingking
Beginner

Post by Kickingking »

St. Gerard's 10 Newbridge 5 - not sure how much of a shock this was in practice. Gerards had a very good campaign in the group stage, losing only once narrowly 14-10 to CBC and they also had a big win 34-17 against Kilkenny. It will be interesting to see who emerges from the other semi-final between CBC and King's Hospital - still no sign of a date for this game on the Leinster website
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

neiliog93 wrote:Clongowes beat 'Rock this year at junior level so they're the favourites there. Add in the fact that they've got 8 guys from the all conquering sqaud of last year and they should win. But you never know, rock and Blevo also have a shout

belvo might have a shout if there's a plate competition.. they are shite
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
RoscoBosco
Beginner

Post by RoscoBosco »

Newbridge were missing 8 starting players , 6 from injurys and the other 2 were on international duty. The leinster branch offered them to rescedual the match for after christmas but they said no cuz they would of had to cancel freindlys against rock and belvo, still, fair play to gerards
Kickingking
Beginner

Post by Kickingking »

Let's hope Newbridge can get everyone back to be at full strength for the big showdown with Clongowes. It would be great to see one or two of the Section B schools claim a big scalp this year and inject a bit more uncertainty into the Senior Cup
leinsternut
Beginner

Post by leinsternut »

RoscoBosco wrote:Newbridge were missing 8 starting players , 6 from injurys and the other 2 were on international duty. The leinster branch offered them to rescedual the match for after christmas but they said no cuz they would of had to cancel freindlys against rock and belvo, still, fair play to gerards
Sounds a bit like excuses there. A win is a win and if Newbridge were offered another date they should have taken it, I find it hard to believe they would treat the league so lightly. I dont see how this one fixture would necessitate cancelling two friendlies. Gerards have a nack of producing some well drilled teams with limited resources over the last few years, they have a great coach in Joe Mc (not sure he is still there)
leinsternut
Beginner

Post by leinsternut »

Anyone got an info on any of these Leinster guys? Who are the ones to watch?

IRELAND SCHOOLBOYS:

15: Ferdia Doherty (Gonzaga College)
14: Tiernan O'Halloran (Cistercian College Roscrea)
13: Brendan Macken (Blackrock College)
12: Alex Kelly (St Michaels College)
11: Chris Colvin (Royal School Armagh)
10: Gareth Quinn McDonagh (Crescent College)
9: Peter Du Toit (The King's Hospital School)

1: James Tracey (Newbridge College)
2: Niall Scannell (PBC Cork)
3: Martin Moore (Castleknock College)
4: Shane Buckley (Rockwell College)
5: David O’Mahony (PBC Cork)
6: Stephen Leckey (Methodist College)
7: Niall Annett (Methodist College) CAPTAIN
8: Jordi Murphy (Blackrock College)

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Aaron O'Brien (St Munchins College)
17: Conor Carey (Methodist College)
18: Bryan Carroll (PBC Cork)