UFC - Any thoughts?

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Project Scorpio
Bookworm

Re: UFC - Any thoughts?

Post by Project Scorpio »

RoboProp wrote:I see that Kimbo Slice is going to be a participant on the next season of The Ultimate Fighter, the guy is a wannabe. Reckon he will get his backside handed to him.
Ye I saw that, have zero ground game and a suspect chin - see Seth Petruzelli fight - means he'll struggle against any wrestler. Setanta looks like it is in serious trouble, don't know what that will mean for Magners League and UFC...

http://www.businessworld.ie/livenews.htm?a=2427311

Not good.
Hank Scorpio: Homer, on your way out, if you want to kill somebody, it would help me a lot.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Project Scorpio wrote:
RoboProp wrote:I see that Kimbo Slice is going to be a participant on the next season of The Ultimate Fighter, the guy is a wannabe. Reckon he will get his backside handed to him.
Ye I saw that, have zero ground game and a suspect chin - see Seth Petruzelli fight - means he'll struggle against any wrestler. Setanta looks like it is in serious trouble, don't know what that will mean for Magners League and UFC...

http://www.businessworld.ie/livenews.htm?a=2427311

Not good.
Yeah I Youtubed that fight yesterday. Then read about Setanta going into administration. Is an ESPN buy-out likely? Setanta really blew their load on the soccerball. Waste of money.
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

Anyone see the way Bisping is behaving on TUF? He's acting like a complete chav/thug. Got love him! Winding up the Americans something rotten.
Project Scorpio
Bookworm

Isaac4leinster wrote:Anyone see the way Bisping is behaving on TUF? He's acting like a complete chav/thug. Got love him! Winding up the Americans something rotten.

'Acting' like a chav/thug. What exactly do you think Bisping is? He's a total scumbag and I cannot wait till UFC 100 when Hendo beats the fock out of im :twisted:
Hank Scorpio: Homer, on your way out, if you want to kill somebody, it would help me a lot.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Project Scorpio wrote:
Isaac4leinster wrote:Anyone see the way Bisping is behaving on TUF? He's acting like a complete chav/thug. Got love him! Winding up the Americans something rotten.

'Acting' like a chav/thug. What exactly do you think Bisping is? He's a total scumbag and I cannot wait till UFC 100 when Hendo beats the fock out of im :twisted:
I too hope that Hendo will beat him like a red headed stepchild (apologies to any gingers out there!) I'm part Septic Tank so there is no way I would cheer for that chav over Hendo.
Project Scorpio
Bookworm

This weekend should be a crakin show

UFC 99 "Comeback"

195lbs: Wanderlei Silva v Rich Franklin
Lw: Spencer Fisher v Caol Uno
Hw: Cain Velasquez v Cheick Kongo
Hw: Mustapha al Turk v Mirko Filipovic
Ww: Mike Swick v Ben Saunders
Ww: Dan Hardy v Marcus Davis
Hw: Stefan Struve v Denis Stojnic
Ww: Paul taylor v Peter Sobotta
Lw: Dale Hartt v Dennis Siver
Ww: John hathaway v Rick Story
Lw: Terry Etim v Justin Buchholz
Lw: Paul Kelly v Rolando Delgado

Will prob do an accumulator with
Silva
Cain V
Mirko F(Cro Cop)
Saunders
Davis
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

This in on the free Setanta channel. A good jumping off point for new fans.

Cro Cop should consider dropping down to light heavyweight. He looks like his walk around weight is what he fights at. He could easily cut to 205lb and then fight on the day at around 220. I think the Yanks have the edge over the European and Japanese fighters when it comes to the science of weight cutting. I think this is due to many of their guys having roots in amateur wrestling.
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

Swick was good for a while until he met that Chinese/japense dude.

Was so dissappointed when Cro-Cop got beaten by Gonzaga and then Congo. One of my favourite fighters.

I hope Bisping hammers Henderson, and think he will. Why won't you two leave him alone! He has a sense of humour unlike Henderson who is borderline punch drunk.
Project Scorpio
Bookworm

Bisping will be punch drunk after they fight, Hendo by ground and pound stoppage in the second :wink:
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Have to record UFC 99. I hope CroCop has a comeback and that Davis and Franklin do the business as well.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

You lads catch this last night? Won't mention any results in case you haven't.
Project Scorpio
Bookworm

RoboProp wrote:You lads catch this last night? Won't mention any results in case you haven't.
Yep, i really enjoyed the event, not one for the casual fan as there were a lot of technical battles but a very enjoyable night all round i thought. I wont type thoughts on specific fights yet in case people are trying to avoid results and the like
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

Project Scorpio wrote:
RoboProp wrote:You lads catch this last night? Won't mention any results in case you haven't.
Yep, i really enjoyed the event, not one for the casual fan as there were a lot of technical battles but a very enjoyable night all round i thought. I wont type thoughts on specific fights yet in case people are trying to avoid results and the like
Missed it, dont give anything away please
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Isaac4leinster wrote:
Project Scorpio wrote:
Missed it, dont give anything away please

Defo not one for the casual fan. I have to say the main event was an absolute cracker. Disappointed with some results and bit annoyed with one. Won't say which one...yet. Another fight I'm looking forward to is UFC101, Florian Versus Penn. That should be a great fight.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Any word on a new provider? Don't want to miss UFC100 next week.
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

RoboProp wrote:Any word on a new provider? Don't want to miss UFC100 next week.
Unless ESPN start showing it the UFC is sunk in Ireland at the moment. shame, was looking forward to Bisping retiring Henderson.
Project Scorpio
Bookworm

There is an announcement sometime today on who will show it. It will deffo be shown though, be it on Bravo, ESPN or sky even
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

so basically the three of you are this forums contingent of UFC supporters?
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

Pretty much
Project Scorpio
Bookworm

gfo wrote:so basically the three of you are this forums contingent of UFC supporters?
It would seem that way yes.

No word yet on the provider of UFC 100, highly likely that it will be on either Virgin 1(current fav so I believe) or Bravo with a longer term provider from 101 on such as ESPN or Sky. Also I have read that the buildup show for 100 is supposed to be great...cut n pasted :

They show
Brock the footage of Mir tapping him out, and Brock gets more and more angry at referee Steve Mazzagatti and finally
SNAPS~!, saying "THIS INTERVIEW IS OVER!!," storming off, and then punching his wall so hard that the adjoining
door falls off the hinges. Said to be must-see TV, and if that scene looks anything like it reads then this show is doing
1.5 million buys easy.