Anyone see George Hook's team choice for the Aus Game?

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Anyone see George Hook's team choice for the Aus Game?

Post by CiaranIrl »

Lunatic would drop Bowe, move BOD to outside centre and play Paddy Wallace at 13. What a fool.

15. Kearney
14. Earls
13. Paddy Wallace
12 BOD
11. Luke
10. ROG
9. Reddan
8 Heaslip
7. Wallace
6. Ferris
5. POC
4. Cullen
3. Hayes
2. Flannery
1. Healy
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Re: Anyone see George Hook's team choice for the Aus Game?

Post by ceemec »

CiaranIrl wrote:Lunatic would drop Bowe, move BOD to outside centre and play Paddy Wallace at 13. What a fool.

15. Kearney
14. Earls
13. Paddy Wallace
12 BOD
11. Luke
10. ROG
9. Reddan
8 Heaslip
7. Wallace
6. Ferris
5. POC
4. Cullen
3. Hayes
2. Flannery
1. Healy
Did he not mention that it was an experimental side in areas though?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Plus, George Hook?
I have Bumbleflex
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

Loved Pope's ranting impersonation of him though :lol:
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Both Hook and Franno will never forgive Bowe for having such a brilliant season last year, proving their judgment of him (a slow carthorse) to be complete and utter nonsense, and by extension those two to be a pair of clueless f**kwits.

Bowe has been pratically scoring a try a game for the Ospreys this season, whether on the wing or in the centre. He'll be one of the first names on the Ireland teamsheet and rightly so.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

ceemec wrote:Did he not mention that it was an experimental side in areas though?
Yeah, I'd understand if the experiment was Kearney, Earls, Bowe, BOD, Luke as a backline. Or Kearney, Bowe, BOD, Luke, Earls. Wallace at 13 and BOD at 12 isn't an experiment. It is nonsense.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

In fairness to Hook, he went on record as saying "we know Bowe is the best winger in Ireland". He's leaving him out because he's a known quantity, i.e. a cert to start if fit.

This is the only time you will hear me stick up fro Gorgeous George, by the way.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

George just likes to provoke a reaction/be controversial.

Draws attention to him which he loves.

He has Corkerry on his show ffs.

I think even Corkerry's mammy might think twice about that.
:)
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

As mad as that is, switching Wallace and BOD, happy to see that he recognises that Cullen deserves his start ahead of DOC.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

more importantly did anyone see GT's team from the paper on saturday? Dropping heaslip for leamy. Now unless jamie has become injured without me knowing, wtf? I thought i was still drunk when i read that
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

tate wrote:more importantly did anyone see GT's team from the paper on saturday? Dropping heaslip for leamy. Now unless jamie has become injured without me knowing, wtf? I thought i was still drunk when i read that
Reading the rest of the article, I think that was a typo. Not sure though.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Cianostays wrote:As mad as that is, switching Wallace and BOD, happy to see that he recognises that Cullen deserves his start ahead of DOC.
He's been after O'Callaghan's head for some time so I wouldn't pay too much attention to that.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Gay dong moga.....

I like thwy way Hook has wallace at 7 bnecausew for years he never liked that combination. what a moron. not as bad as the kiong corkery thoughl.

what did the insightdul popey have then

why would you have wallace at 13. does he play there at all for ulster. waht about bod at 12? TERRIBLE sh!t., donny mentoned last year bu there are people in ireland whio don tthingk bowe is iunternational class. remember 2006 agaunbst france in apris
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

BOD at 12 is not actually a bad play. He has moved into first receiver for Leinster frequently enough and would actually appear to be putting those around him into space more then taking the space himself.

Its not genius, but it wouldnt be a bad option, especially if you wanted to play Sexton inside him.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

suisse wrote:Gay dong moga.....

I like thwy way Hook has wallace at 7 bnecausew for years he never liked that combination. what a moron. not as bad as the kiong corkery thoughl.

what did the insightdul popey have then

why would you have wallace at 13. does he play there at all for ulster. waht about bod at 12? TERRIBLE sh!t., donny mentoned last year bu there are people in ireland whio don tthingk bowe is iunternational class. remember 2006 agaunbst france in apris
Classic Drunk Posting from Suisse again! :clap:

Take it you were celebrating over in Korea?
:lol:
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

What really got my goat was Hooky referring to Sexton as "yokeymabob" or "thingamagig", what a waste of space Hook is. Not knowing the name of Leinster's first choice outhalf shows how much he watches the game outside of HEC and Internationals. He could be replaced by a bellows slathered with lard throw in a garish tie for good measure and nobody would know the difference.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Donny B. wrote:Both Hook and Franno will never forgive Bowe for having such a brilliant season last year, proving their judgment of him (a slow carthorse) to be complete and utter nonsense, and by extension those two to be a pair of clueless f**kwits.

Bowe has been pratically scoring a try a game for the Ospreys this season, whether on the wing or in the centre. He'll be one of the first names on the Ireland teamsheet and rightly so.
They were right a few seasons back, but Bowe has become a very good player.
The lads just need to come come to terms with the fact that time stands still for no one.
Some players improve, some go backwards (Andy Powell as example).
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
FatBoyChoice
Graduate

Post by FatBoyChoice »

johng wrote:George just likes to provoke a reaction/be controversial.
Yeah the Irish people/RTE will take that over reasoned argument any day. We have Hook for rugby, Dunphy for soccer, Spillane for GAA, McWilliams for economics. At least McWilliams was right once so is a step ahead of others...
Felipe-fan09
Bookworm

Post by Felipe-fan09 »

From what I remember, Popey had the right idea. He was going for the young guns (sexton,earls,fitz in the centre) against Australia to test them in a high pressure test match, and then the tried and tested against Fiji.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

RoboProp wrote:What really got my goat was Hooky referring to Sexton as "yokeymabob" or "thingamagig", what a waste of space Hook is. Not knowing the name of Leinster's first choice outhalf shows how much he watches the game outside of HEC and Internationals. He could be replaced by a bellows slathered with lard throw in a garish tie for good measure and nobody would know the difference.
I suspect it might have been him having a go at Pope due to the St Marys connection.

Otherwise it is pretty poor allright.