Pubs to watch the games..

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Pubs to watch the games..

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

zenbren wrote:Got this from the Graduate in Killiney which is about to re-open following a fire last year-

'THE GRADUATE IS NOW AN OFFICIAL LEINSTER SUPPORTERS PUB.....HEINEKEN QTR FINALS, APRIL 9TH 8PM @RDS...ENJOY A PINT & MILD CHICKEN CURRY BEFORE THE GAME FOR €10 & A COMPLIMENTARY BUS TO THE MATCH (7PM) BUS BACK TO THE GRADUATE AFTERWARDS, SHOW YOUR TICKET STUB WHEN YOU GET BACK & RECEIVE A PINT OF GUINNESS ON THE HOUSE!'

Might be tight to get out of work and up to the pub in time for a 7pm departure but it looks like a good deal if you're in the Dun Laoghaire/ Killiney area...
Not a bad deal.
In fairness to the Graduate they have had a Framed Leinster Jersey on the wall for many years now. It's a pity the rest of the Pubs around have not followed suit.
3 Gold Stars
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

€10 for two pints, a curry and the bus? That's a feckin great deal.
Mizar
Learner

Post by Mizar »

Hi All,

I will be in karlsruhe germany on Friday night. Do I have any hope in catching this game live?
No show pony but would do for a ride around the house...
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Boylser
Beginner

Post by Boylser »

Not sure if getting games in London is a problem when they're only on Irish Setanta but I was in The Dolphin in Kings Cross last week and they have the channels - not the most salubrious joint but hey it did the job

Hope this helps!
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Will find myself in Kilkenny City for the HEC semi on May 1st.

Can anyone suggest a good rugby pub that will defo be showing the game??

The Kilkenny Rhythm & Roots Festival is on over the weekend. The following pubs are listed as having live gigs on at 4pm on - Lanigans /Biddy Early's /Morrisons /Ryan's /Breathnachs – and may not be suitable.

Any help greatly appreciated
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
silly punt
Enlightened

Post by silly punt »

I have been meaning to post this for awhile now, but Harrigans in Newbridge have a rugby first policy. They show all Magners & HEC games live irrespective of what other sports are on. The grub is good too.
Experience is the name everyone gives to their failures
wackojacko
Beginner

Post by wackojacko »

I watched Leinster v Munster in Dan Murphy's in Amsterdam.
Woody01
Bookworm

Post by Woody01 »

Will be in Belfast for the weekend of HEC semi.

Anyone any recommendations for good pub up there to watch the game?
SCG
Bookworm

Post by SCG »

Anyone know of a pub in Cork which is likely to show our Connacht match? I notice that there is a big soccer match at the same time.
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:
zenbren wrote:Got this from the Graduate in Killiney which is about to re-open following a fire last year-

'THE GRADUATE IS NOW AN OFFICIAL LEINSTER SUPPORTERS PUB.....HEINEKEN QTR FINALS, APRIL 9TH 8PM @RDS...ENJOY A PINT & MILD CHICKEN CURRY BEFORE THE GAME FOR €10 & A COMPLIMENTARY BUS TO THE MATCH (7PM) BUS BACK TO THE GRADUATE AFTERWARDS, SHOW YOUR TICKET STUB WHEN YOU GET BACK & RECEIVE A PINT OF GUINNESS ON THE HOUSE!'

Might be tight to get out of work and up to the pub in time for a 7pm departure but it looks like a good deal if you're in the Dun Laoghaire/ Killiney area...
Not a bad deal.
In fairness to the Graduate they have had a Framed Leinster Jersey on the wall for many years now. It's a pity the rest of the Pubs around have not followed suit.
Doubt they have it any more.....

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... ing31.html

Reopened recently, hope it goes well for them....
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

jrc wrote:

They do, in the "Cocktail Lounge"
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
zenbren
Knowledgeable

Post by zenbren »

jrc wrote:
Sauvignon Blank wrote:

Not a bad deal.

Doubt they will run it again- 3 ppl on the bus apparently- felt quite sorry for them as they'd hired a big old coach. Surprised turnout was so bad as I see a good few Seapoint heads at games and the Graduate is on their doorstep...
I've let myself and others down
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

zenbren wrote:[
Doubt they will run it again- 3 ppl on the bus apparently- felt quite sorry for them as they'd hired a big old coach. Surprised turnout was so bad as I see a good few Seapoint heads at games and the Graduate is on their doorstep...
I'm not. I heard about the deal here and sent a mate down to check out the story. The lads behind the bar didn't know anything but took his number and said they'd call: they didn't, we got the DART.

No one knew about it.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Scott wrote:Will find myself in Kilkenny City for the HEC semi on May 1st.

Can anyone suggest a good rugby pub that will defo be showing the game??

The Kilkenny Rhythm & Roots Festival is on over that weekend. The following pubs are listed as having live gigs on at 4pm on - Lanigans /Biddy Early's /Morrisons /Ryan's /Breathnachs – and may not be suitable.

Any help greatly appreciated
Anyone????
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Culdub
Bookworm

Post by Culdub »

Scott, you could try Langton's on John Street or Matt the Miller's a little further down, right by the bridge. Wouldn't know Kilkenny well enough to know which one gets the rugby crowd but you could always ask the bar staff to point you in the right direction.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Culdub wrote:Scott, you could try Langton's on John Street or Matt the Miller's a little further down, right by the bridge. Wouldn't know Kilkenny well enough to know which one gets the rugby crowd but you could always ask the bar staff to point you in the right direction.

Cheers Culdub

Ye will prob head to Langton's. Rang em and they said they will be showing it. Problem is i dont get down till 3 so dont have the time to scout out a good pub with some Leinster fans and bit of atmosphere. Hopefully Langtons will do the job
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

sarah_lennon wrote:
jrc wrote:

They do, in the "Cocktail Lounge"

Indeed they do, and signed by the team.
3 Gold Stars
Kat78
Beginner

Post by Kat78 »

Scott wrote:
Cheers Culdub

Ye will prob head to Langton's. Rang em and they said they will be showing it. Problem is i dont get down till 3 so dont have the time to scout out a good pub with some Leinster fans and bit of atmosphere. Hopefully Langtons will do the job
Hey Scott

The Left Bank is a bar that's been open for about 2 years now I'd say and there always seems to be a good buzz in there when the match is on. I live near Kilkenny and The Left Bank is not a bad pub at all...its the old Bank of Ireland gutted. It's opposite the castle, near the Hibernian Hotel...then if you're heading to Langtons later it's about a 2 minute walk away (stopping to graze in Abrakebabra on the way!) :)

Enjoy the match (I know I will) and the Bank Holiday weekend!
C'mon Leinster!
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Kat78 wrote:
Scott wrote:
Cheers Culdub

Hey Scott

The Left Bank is a bar that's been open for about 2 years now I'd say and there always seems to be a good buzz in there when the match is on. I live near Kilkenny and The Left Bank is not a bad pub at all...its the old Bank of Ireland gutted. It's opposite the castle, near the Hibernian Hotel...then if you're heading to Langtons later it's about a 2 minute walk away (stopping to graze in Abrakebabra on the way!) :)

Enjoy the match (I know I will) and the Bank Holiday weekend!
Thanks for that Kat. After plenty of googleing & boards.ie'ing ,I think I will be avoiding Lagtons sounds like a bit of a Stag/Hen nightmare, even at 4 in the afternoon! I will check out the Bank