Rooney

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Rooney

Post by Sea_point »

Pretty good week to be an Everton fan alright, comfortable win against Liverpool and then to top it they get to watch United management and fans squirm at the prospect of losing thier boy Rooney for Buttons.... :lol:
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

Has anyone heard Fergie's full interview today?

Fascinating stuff from the usually monosyllabic press conferences he usually gives.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

The way Fergie is talking you'd swear he raised Rooney from a bairn. :lol:

He bought him in for 30 million and now he's moving on for more cash.

He who lives by the chequebook...... :D
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Donny B. wrote:The way Fergie is talking you'd swear he raised Rooney from a bairn. :lol:

He bought him in for 30 million and now he's moving on for more cash.

He who lives by the chequebook...... :D
Was it that much? He's there 6 years and is still only 24.
I thought it was closer to 20 and would head up towards 25 ish with bonuses for winning leages, scoring certain amount of goals, etc. which I'm sure have been met.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

With with his new agent's negotiation skills, Rooney saw his basic apprentice wages of £75 multiply 173 times to £13,000 a week, including a portion for his image rights.

"One of the things that Paul fought for when negotiating my first professional contract was my image rights," Rooney wrote in his first autobiography.

"I think I was the first 17-year-old to have image rights written into his first professional contract which meant I would get a percentage of all commercial rights sold by the club from the start."

Less than two years later, Stretford negotiated Rooney's record-breaking £27m move from Goodison Park to Manchester United when he signed a six-year contract in August 2004.

Stretford ensured his client's wages were among the level of the world's elite in November 2006 when Rooney signed a two-year extension, keeping him at the club until 2012, worth £90,000 a week.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

It was £27 based on all the "clauses". I believe that Everton settled on a negotiated figure a few years ago. However I also believe there's a sell on clause
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

25% apparently
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Wayne Rooney statement :

"I met with David Gill last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad.

I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract.

I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it.

It is absolutely true, as he said, that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done, given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?

For me its all about winning trophies - as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified.

Despite recent difficulties, I know I will always owe Sir Alex Ferguson a huge debt. He is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was only 18.

For Manchester United's sake I wish he could go on forever because he's a one-off and a genius."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-New ... ster_Unite

They will be lucky to get 27 million pounds for him in January
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

The fans are wailing out the amended Tevez song.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
Smeehank
Graduate

Post by Smeehank »

RTE showed two banners in Old Trafford - "Who is the whore now Wayne" and "Collen forgave you, we will not"

:green clap:
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Smeehank wrote:RTE showed two banners in Old Trafford - "Who is the whore now Wayne" and "Collen forgave you, we will not"

:green clap:

Ha ha quality
3 Gold Stars
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

sarah_lennon wrote:It was £27 based on all the "clauses". I believe that Everton settled on a negotiated figure a few years ago. However I also believe there's a sell on clause
We've got decent value for money so!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

“When it comes to an understanding of life overseas, Rooney is more Sarah Palin than Michael Palin,” wrote the Telegraph’s Henry Winter yesterday :lol:
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

And now the saga is over!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 118602.stm

Just signed a new 5 year deal-wtf?
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Leezer
Enlightened

Post by Leezer »

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Stalk me on ye olde Tweet Machine!!!!!!!
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

Exile wrote:Judas! Never rated him anyway............
I always liked him.
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

Saw my mate, the other day, said to me he's seen the white Péle, so I asked, who is he, he said he goes by the name of Wayne Rooney,

ROOOONEY!! ROOOONEY!! ROOOONEY!! ROOOONEY!!
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

:lol:

delighted. 1 goal since March!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Exile wrote:
Exile wrote:Judas! Never rated him anyway............
I always liked him.

A fine example of a Man Utd fan.
3 Gold Stars
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Glad that's all over! Fingers crossed he's been promised that we'll spend big on players. Can't see our season picking up (although we should win the League Cup) but in terms of the League and the Champions League I doubt we'll be contenders.