Mike Ross Appreciation Thread!

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Mike Ross Appreciation Thread!

Post by Armchair »

If I was Mike Ross I would be a severley pis*ed of man. With a former player calling him the best scrummager in the squad and now DK and others publicly saying that Hayes is ahead of him. I for one want Mike Ross to know that as both a Leinster and Irish fan I am 100% behind him. DK and co have ignored him yet again and it really defies all logic but then when did DK have use any of that.

Mike we love you man!! Keep up the excellent work for the boys in Blue and the DK in green won't be able to ignore you and be found out for being a vindictive f*ck!!
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Re: Mike Ross Appreciation Thread!

Post by Logorrhea »

Who is this Mike Ross you speak of. I am curious. Tell me more.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Armchair = Claire_m!

Whats all this stuff about DK & Ross not getting on? because Ross left Munster??
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Logorrhea wrote:Who is this Mike Ross you speak of. I am curious. Tell me more.
Look at the photos of Ireland training, he's holding the tackle bags.

Mike, we appreciate you, as did Quinns and everyone in the Aviva Premierhsip who voted you onto the team of the year a season or two ago.
Get in the f%~king bag.
mfjoc
Graduate

Post by mfjoc »

The only good thing about his non selection is that we should have him available for the Dragons match next Friday
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Where do we get our "Justice for Mike" armbands?
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

mfjoc wrote:The only good thing about his non selection is that we should have him available for the Dragons match next Friday
I wouldn't bet on it! You would think he will definitely be released but they will impos conditions that he only plays a half or something. He seems to have no chance of game with Ireland at the moment barring a few injuries but he will still be rested under the elite player system which makes no sense :roll:
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Broken Wing wrote:Where do we get our "Justice for Mike" armbands?
Waiting on Snap Printing to get back to me
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Mike: you may be a Munster man but you're one of us now. Snubbed stupidly by the Irish management who ignore form and ability and prefer history.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Mike Ross builds hospitals for orphaned kittens! FACT.

He's also the best tight head in the country.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Cianostays wrote:Mike Ross builds hospitals for orphaned kittens! FACT.

He's also the best tight head in the country.
Unfortunately, thats like winning the smartest person in first Arts in UCD, not that hard.

He has improved dramatically but has a way to go. It does highlight O'Sullivans, sorry Kidneys policy towards certain players that includes Jennings and Leo. No coincidence that they all left their provinces while he was in charge.
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

I assume he is being rested to start against the All Blacks...can't wait
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

This thread has nothing to do with me at all, but I'm sure it will mean a lot to Mike to know that people do appreciate him, even if those people aren't the coaches.

I really hope he gets a chance during the AIs and I would love him to get the chance that he did when he played for Quins. For everything bad that he did, Dean Richards was a very good coach / knowledgable bloke and he saw something in Mike when he was languishing below the Munster bench and brought him over. Mike repaid this and 2 seasons on, we still haven't replaced him.

If you're reading this, best of luck for the rest of the season, I hope you make the Ireland team and the next time I'm over I'll bring you a chocolate cake and no, I don't expect you to share it (or think it will last very long!) :D
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Leoslovechild wrote:I assume he is being rested to start against the All Blacks...can't wait
Judging by these comments by Gert Smal, don't hold your breath! :roll:

From IT

"Smal also gave a strong indication John Hayes, who needs games more than most to reach his best, remains ahead of Mike Ross not only in this week’s pecking order, but perhaps up until the World Cup. “Mike is one of the props we’re looking at, but I think John Hayes, where he comes from and with the amount of time we’ve invested in him over the past two years, I think we’ve just got too much,” said Smal.

“We’re very pleased with the way Mike Ross developed over the past year . . . but John needs that opportunity.”

We can pretty much write off the next year if we're going to be stuck playing with Hayes and Buckle, no matter what Ross does.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Donny B. wrote:"Mike is one of the props we’re looking at”
He's not a 19 year old from the Ivory Coast with a criminal record but bags of talent looking for a pro contract with Arsenal. What are you looking at Smal? Haven't you been to the RDS this season, or seen footage of him in England?

And, "one of the props"? How many props do we have worth 'looking at'?
Donny B. wrote:but I think John Hayes, where he comes from and with the amount of time we’ve invested in him over the past two years”
What does that even mean? Surely Hayes isn't selected for geographical reasons?

And, there's that word; 'invested'....The coaching team (and certain supporters of a particular pro rugby team in Ireland on this messageboard) have used words similar to that. Project is another one. It would appear to me that the number one tighthead prop of the best scrummaging unit in Ireland is fourth choice for his country, behind three props, two of whom are not good enough, and he is the only one of the 4 who hasn't had any time "invested" in him. Alarm bells should be ringing.....

The funny thing is the Irish Times had this big splash on "Changing of the Guard" bullshit last week at TH prop.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Fair points Suisse, but your quoting technique always makes me out to be the bad guy..... :-(
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Donny B. wrote:Fair points Suisse, but your quoting technique always makes me out to be the bad guy..... :-(
Yeah, I was thinking about that. I actually enjoy it when you throw up a controversial interview and there are bits worth quoting.

It would b great if you quoted Hook saying this one day.....
Donny B. wrote:I don't think Mike Ross should ever play for Ireland. Hayes should be given the captain's armband and Buckley to take over after the World Cup. Mick O'Driscoll, when he retires as an Irish legend, should be asked to coach the Leinster second rows in the art of line out calling
:D

Donny B is reported for abuse
neilinboston
Knowledgeable

Post by neilinboston »

So let me get this straight... Hayes isn't playing as a starting prop this year with Buckley having taken his place. Ross is and is playing well. However because the Irish management have invested time in Hayes over the last two years (is that not just a cute way of saying that they haven't bothered developing anybody else because they thought the Bull should be going to the WC?) they're completely overlooking Ross regardless of form, ability or anything else.

I'm assuming the 'where he comes from' comment is talking more about his experience than him being from Munster and Munster not having enough players in the squad to keep the IRFU happy (I still question how much influence the IRFU have in team selection).

Anyway, Smal DK made a ridiculous call... again!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Damn you Suisse...... :evil:

:wink:
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Donny B. wrote:Damn you Suisse...... :evil:

:wink:
To be fair - your writing technique is at least as much to blame as his quoting technique
Last edited by Xanthippe on November 12th, 2010, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever