Gloucester Travel

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Okay booked for the Gloucester match in Jan now too

Flights to Birmingham are cheap as chips at the moment on Aer Lingus

Out on Friday back on Monday for €58
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Just went mental and booked Glaws too, via Bristol €40 on ryanair friday - monday! Yippee!

I'm very excited!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

sarah_lennon wrote:Just went mental and booked Glaws too, via Bristol €40 on ryanair friday - monday! Yippee!

I'm very excited!
You go Girl!!!!!!!!
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Donny Brooke wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:Just went mental and booked Glaws too, via Bristol €40 on ryanair friday - monday! Yippee!

I'm very excited!
You go Girl!!!!!!!!
I can just see you wagging that finger ricky lake stylee!! :D
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
apple sourz
Mullet

Gloucester Travel

Post by apple sourz »

For those planning to travel away to Gloucester in Jan. get you skates on now. Aer Lingus have flights going out Friday (19th) back Monday (22nd) for 50 euro.

I've booked the same dates with Ryanair but it's gone up to 70 euro.

First up best dressed.
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Re: Flights

Post by LeopoldButters »

apple sourz wrote:For those planning to travel away to Gloucester in Jan. get you skates on now. Aer Lingus have flights going out Friday (19th) back Monday (22nd) for 50 euro.

I've booked the same dates with Ryanair but it's gone up to 70 euro.

First up best dressed.
is Bristol the best place to fly into?
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Got mine, Aer Lingus fling out Fri 19th back Mon 22nd for €60

I'm pretty pleased with that!
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Birmingham is on the train line to Glaws (change at Birmingham New Street) used to fly in and out of Birmingham all the time when I was in Uni in Cheltenham (6 miles from gloucester) and found it much easier.

Saying that, if Bristol is working out cheaper, its about the same distance from Glaws as Birmingham is, you just have to get a bus to Bristol TEMPLE Meades to get the train to Glaws.
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

Bath are playing at home to Montpellier the same weekend we're in Gloucester........ mmmmmmmm?????
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

I'm flying in and out of Bristol on the Friday and Monday respectively and will be staying in Bath. Excellent stuff. :green clap:
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
obrien_pa
Beginner

Post by obrien_pa »

mmm...indeed!

how would you get your hands on bath v montpellier tickets?!?
Quick on the draw, like the horse named McGraw, from the cartoon. Boom Shalak Lak Boom.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

I'd say you could pay at the gate. It's the Parker Pen and Bath should have qualified from the group by that stage. It's just a bloody pity that the Gloucester weekend doesn't coincide with Bath playing Connacht. :cry:
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Leinsterman wrote:I'd say you could pay at the gate. It's the Parker Pen and Bath should have qualified from the group by that stage. It's just a bloody pity that the Gloucester weekend doesn't coincide with Bath playing Connacht. :cry:
Might be worth a trip alright.

I have a feeling our game will be on a Sunday like last year so a day trip to Bath to catch up on the old haunts might be a bit of craic (provided they're playing on a Saturday).
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Donny Brooke wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:I'd say you could pay at the gate. It's the Parker Pen and Bath should have qualified from the group by that stage. It's just a bloody pity that the Gloucester weekend doesn't coincide with Bath playing Connacht. :cry:
Might be worth a trip alright.

I have a feeling our game will be on a Sunday like last year so a day trip to Bath to catch up on the old haunts might be a bit of craic (provided they're playing on a Saturday).
yep. Great idea. I'm on for it.
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Grrrr. I booked my flights for the three trips on the day the fixtures were announced. A friend of mine took a while longer to be persuaded to come to Gloucester and Edinburgh, but eventually booked the exact same flights and got them cheaper. Is this the price I must pay for my enthusiasm? :x
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
obrien_pa
Beginner

Post by obrien_pa »

Tara wrote:Grrrr. I booked my flights for the three trips on the day the fixtures were announced. A friend of mine took a while longer to be persuaded to come to Gloucester and Edinburgh, but eventually booked the exact same flights and got them cheaper. Is this the price I must pay for my enthusiasm? :x
they were lucky!! usually waiting any time at all guarantees you'll have to pay more! :D
Quick on the draw, like the horse named McGraw, from the cartoon. Boom Shalak Lak Boom.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Anyone have any idea when we'll find out what day the game is on?
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

thecoolfreak wrote:Anyone have any idea when we'll find out what day the game is on?
I posted this on another thread, but I rang Glaws this week. There's an ECR meeting in Dublin this week, and once they've had it, they will either release the dates for the final 2 games, or they will announce when they will be released. But it does depend on sky, so why knows.

And LM, I'm not sure why you think that Bath will have already qualified. Quins are going to win the trophy this season - for a record 3rd time. :D
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

Seems to be no real accomodation in Gloucester itself. Is Bath a better option?
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

:?

Theres a thread on here that lists a number of Hotels and B&B's in Gloucester somwhere. . .theres a few of us in the Holiday Inn (GBP 55 a night for a double or twin)

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/e ... id=1185187