Remax leinster League

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

banjo

Re: Remax leinster League

Post by banjo »

newbridge are not great. dont know how they are top. skerries will win league with enniscorthy and tullamore to pass newbridge in table.
r e seeding
Learner

Post by r e seeding »

That all now till the new year isnt it ?
Kavy
Beginner

Post by Kavy »

r e seeding wrote:That all now till the new year isnt it ?
Yup.

Next round of league games are on weekend of Jan. 7th and 8th
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Div 1B is really really tight. The possibility of three going down concentrates the mind and it could be any of the teams. Portlaoise look doomed despite not been a bad team.
The Galloping Ghost
Learner

Post by The Galloping Ghost »

Div 1A is just as tight but at the opposite end of the table. Only 3 points seperate the top 4 teams. Skerries look very strong with Hewitt and the 2 Keanes really making a difference in their backline. Both 'Scorthy and Tullamore have really turned their season around after a poor enough start whereas Newbridge's youth and inexperience has meant that they haven't been able to close out the tight games and have now dropped to 4th. Really looking forward to the 2012 and the conclusion of the league, promises to be the tightest contested run-in for years.
d angry kid
Beginner

Post by d angry kid »

Business end of leagues after Christmas- my predictions for 2012:

1A: seriously tight at both ends- I fancy Enniscorthy as they have NB, Tullamore, Skerries at home and have made a serious fortress out of Ross Rd.
Skerries will however push them very close... and what happened to NB? Heavy favourites up until 3 games ago- they may well be kicking themselves at the end of the season for two poor results on the trot against the Garda and Dundalk; both of whom I'm tipping to be playing in 1B next year.

1B: Wicklow and CD in whatever order. Will be decided in Beechpark and whether CD can turnaround the spanking they got in Ashtown lane. I would fancy second place to beat Garda/Dundalk in playoff. Portlaois will be relegated- does not look good for a former super power in LL rugby.

2A: Which ever team can collect the most BPs will decide who gets automatic promotion or a playoff between Port and Roscrea. I don't see 2nd place beating a superior side from 1B- could be any one of 4.
WOL to be relegated again. Can't remember but would I be right in saying that they wanted to go into 1A when they initially joined the league?

Roll on Towns Cup draw!!!
bluerugbyrules
Learner

Post by bluerugbyrules »

the spoofer wrote:
Div 1B is really really tight. The possibility of three going down concentrates the mind and it could be any of the teams. Portlaoise look doomed despite not been a bad team.
Why threee going down?? What is the promotion/relegation and play off structure this year?
hands away
Bookworm

Post by hands away »

Coolmine vs Garda HOME
Skerries vs Monkstown HOME w/bonus
Tullamore vs Dundalk HOME
Enniscorthy vs Newbridge HOME

Leinster League - Division 1B

Ashbourne vs Clondalkin HOME w/bonus
Cill Dara vs Longford AWAY
Portlaoise vs Wicklow AWAY
Co Carlow vs Tullow HOME

Leinster League - Division 2A

Clane vs North Kildare HOME
Malahide vs Kilkenny AWAY
New Ross vs Roscrea AWAY
Portarlington vs West Offaly Lions HOME
Let the bears pay the bear tax!
Pete de Villier
Beginner

Post by Pete de Villier »

Watch Coolmine after Christmas, they will take points of some of the top teams. They Completely over powered the Naas 1st XV last Wednesday night with a mixture of 1st's and 2nd's. So much for the AIL.
backrow1

Post by backrow1 »

d angry kid wrote:Business end of leagues after Christmas- my predictions for 2012:

1A: seriously tight at both ends- I fancy Enniscorthy as they have NB, Tullamore, Skerries at home and have made a serious fortress out of Ross Rd.
Skerries will however push them very close... and what happened to NB? Heavy favourites up until 3 games ago- they may well be kicking themselves at the end of the season for two poor results on the trot against the Garda and Dundalk; both of whom I'm tipping to be playing in 1B next year.

1B: Wicklow and CD in whatever order. Will be decided in Beechpark and whether CD can turnaround the spanking they got in Ashtown lane. I would fancy second place to beat Garda/Dundalk in playoff. Portlaois will be relegated- does not look good for a former super power in LL rugby.

2A: Which ever team can collect the most BPs will decide who gets automatic promotion or a playoff between Port and Roscrea. I don't see 2nd place beating a superior side from 1B- could be any one of 4.
WOL to be relegated again. Can't remember but would I be right in saying that they wanted to go into 1A when they initially joined the league?

Roll on Towns Cup draw!!!
Its easy to have a go at West Offaly but you are wrong
West Offaly did not say they wanted to go to 1a. The team and Management which played in Connacht is not the same team which now plays in Leinster, the move to Leinster created havoc within the club and they are now trying to recover from this. Many of their players and coaches/managers moved to Buccs and Tullamore etc (3 Tullamore first teamers doing well this season are ex WOL) Add to this that their feeder school still plays in Connacht so it is very difficult to contend at this level with a small mainly Gaa heartland base.Having said that, the players from West Offaly are good and the young players coming up will be a match for anyone in time...
The club will get stronger in time
d angry kid
Beginner

Post by d angry kid »

1A
Coolmine vs Garda HOME + BP
Skerries vs Monkstown HOME
Tullamore vs Dundalk HOME, LOSING BP
Enniscorthy vs Newbridge HOME, LOSING BP

1B- all with losing BP, seriously tight league

Ashbourne vs Clondalkin HOME
Cill Dara vs Longford HOME
Portlaoise vs Wicklow AWAY- while I do think PL have a few big games in them before the big drop, it won't come this week
Co Carlow vs Tullow AWAY

2A
Clane vs North Kildare HOME
Malahide vs Kilkenny AWAY
New Ross vs Roscrea AWAY + BP
Portarlington vs West Offaly Lions HOME + BP
Kavy
Beginner

Post by Kavy »

Well, Carlow managed to hold out Tullow in the end for a 16 -11 home victory. Tight game as you'd expect with neither side letting the other too far out of sight. Carlow led 16 -6 approx midway through 2nd half and if a bit cuter, or maybe less rusty, could have kicked on and sealed it.

In the final minutes however, it was Tullow who were camped within 5 of the Carlow line but obviously couldn't get over for the try they needed. Good defence from Carlow in the end game and very valuable points after the pre Christmas slide, not to mention bragging rights after doing the double over them this season.

Any other 1B results?
juanca
Learner

Post by juanca »

Was at an epic local derby match between Arklow and Rathdrum yesterday. Had everything you expect from a meeting of these two teams (including a former Leinster Legend) Rathdrum were deserved winners and are now unbeaten since October. This league will go down to the wire with Guinness, Rathdrum, Arklow and Tallaght all with a chance of promotion. Guinness definitely in pole position for automatic promotion.
Tallaght v Rathdrum next week will decide which of these two clubs remain in the hunt.
fursey
Beginner

Post by fursey »

No, it's not Leinster League related - but i think many Leinster clubs would have been familiar with Eoin - a great stalwart for Boyne and for the Leinster Junior InterPro side. Hopefully the culprit will be caught and receive a significant ban. Absolutely disgusting action and certainly not welcome in any levels of the game.
Irish Times wrote:Player loses sight in eye following incident
A TALENTED junior rugby player has lost the sight in his right eye following an alleged gouging incident at the end of an AIL Division Two game last month.

Eoin Collins (32), a former captain of the Leinster Junior inter pro side, was lining out as a backrow forward for Drogheda- based Boyne RFC against Cork side Highfield on December 12th when the incident occurred.

A Highfield player has been cited, for allegedly eye-gouging Collins and an IRFU disciplinary hearing will investigate the matter later this month.

Collins confirmed: “Apart from being able to see a small bit of shadow I have no vision at all in my right eye, and I honestly do not know what the future holds for me now.

“It happened in a maul at the very end of the game, I knew it was bad because my vision went black, there was bleeding and the pain was horrific.

“It was very upsetting at the time, but it really sunk in over Christmas when I was looking forward to spending time with friends and family and just couldn’t enjoy it, and that made me feel angry over the whole thing.”

Collins had just started work as a sales rep, but as he is now unable to drive he has no idea how things will work out in that regard.

“My primary concern is to get sight back in the eye so I can have some quality of life, I will just have to wait and see what level of sight comes back in time, if any does. I doubt I will play rugby again though.”

Collins was brought to the Mater Hospital and surgeons immediately operated on his ruptured eye socket.

“The club doctor, Dr Lynn and our physio, Ian McGovern, did brilliantly by me, they got me to the Mater straight away and that was absolutely vital, the surgeons have told me that the speed with which I was treated may well stand to me in the future.”

IRFU spokesman Karl Richardson stated: “I am not aware of that specific incident, however, our disciplinary panel meets regularly during the season to deal with dismissals and citings.

“If DVD or video evidence is available they would view that and in fact they will take all available evidence into consideration.”

Highfield secretary Fergus O’Mahony revealed his club have already been contacted by the IRFU.

“They have spoken to us, we have been informed that a named player on our team has been cited by Boyne for eye-gouging. On the day of the game we left the venue not knowing anything about it as it was never mentioned to us at all.

“We have already forwarded a copy of our DVD of the match to the IRFU.

“It seems like a horrible injury, and certainly we hope the chap makes a full recovery; we haven’t endeavoured to contact either him or the club as of yet as we feel it would be inappropriate to do so until the investigation is concluded.

“I would stress though that at the moment it is only an allegation against our player, and like anybody else he has to be presumed innocent until it can be proved otherwise.”
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/spo ... 92636.html
pulldownthemaul
Beginner

Post by pulldownthemaul »

My God, that is an awful story. Sympathy to Eoin Collins of Boyne. The poor chap. No one walks onto a pitch expecting to be blinded. If it was a freak accident from a stud or something it could be easy to rationalise, but a deliberate act of gouging is terrible. If it was deliberate, let's hope it is proved. Both for the sake of the victim and of the game.
COACHES AT ALL LEVELS OF THE GAME SHOULD DRILL IN THE MANTRA TO ALL PLAYERS --- "EYES AND BALLS ARE OUT OF BOUNDS" !!!
was never late ref
Learner

Post by was never late ref »

Mr Fergus O'Mahony the secretary of Highfield RFC, states theat it would be "inappropriate" to contact the player that was clearly injured in a match between Boyne RFC and Highfield RFC even to inquire about his well being and perhaps wish him well !!!!!
Is this an example of the legal advice given to protect Highfield RFC , only serving to damage their name, this is prior to any investigation that MAY cause them even more harm !!!
But regardless of the outcome of the investigation , Eoin Collins WAS seriously injured in a match involving the Highfield players . He at least can expect some sympathy and support from Highfield.....
i thought our game was meant to be a tough ,hard sport played by men of character .
"it was late in your opinion ref, personally i believe i hit him as soon as i could !!!! "
was never late ref
Learner

Post by was never late ref »

After , looking up the Highfield RFC website , they have posted a best wishes and recovery message for the Eoin Collins , which is great to see, and makes my previous post redundant. Clearly men of character.
They further say that, they are very confident that the cited player and all Highfield players will be found to be innocent . Which will leave the question has to how the injury occured and whom is reponsible....
We shall have to await the outcome of the IRFU investigation .
"it was late in your opinion ref, personally i believe i hit him as soon as i could !!!! "
Jimi Caucaunibuca
Learner

Post by Jimi Caucaunibuca »

Best wishes to Eoin and hopefully a speedy recovery! I believe he was at his irritating best trying to disrupt a maul on a rehersed move that was successful for them throughout the match and the Highfield pack had a pain in their bo!!ix with him,so I struggle to how it could be an accident! Does anyone know when the cited player has his hearing and will he be allowed play in the interim??
I eat because Im fat,Im fat because I eat!
Celticfir
Beginner

Eoin Collins

Post by Celticfir »

So sorry to hear of Eoin dreadful injury. and someone knows the truth....if the culpit is found he should be prosacuted to the full extent of the law,any mothers or dads reading this will think twice of alowing their children play rugby ....can you blame them ,with tugs still in our beloved game. as for eoin who will compensate him for loss of earnings if its a thing he cannot drive again.....its a dreadful senario.....best of luck to Eoin i had the pleasure of reffing him many times...always found the lad a fine player and a gent...
d angry kid
Beginner

Post by d angry kid »

Terrible incident to hear about- wish Eoin Collins the best of luck.

As for goings on in the LL- 10 games down; 4 to go...

1A
Dundalk vs Monkstown HOME
Enniscorthy vs Skerries HOME... possibly! LOSING BP Overall winner to be decided by this one
Garda vs Tullamore AWAY + BP
Newbridge vs Coolmine HOME

1B: All with losing BP again this week
Longford vs Clondalkin HOME
Portlaoise vs Ashbourne HOME- Portlaois got season goin a week earlier than I expected!
Tullow vs Cill Dara AWAY
Wicklow vs Co Carlow HOME