Remax leinster League

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

r e seeding
Learner

Re: Remax leinster League

Post by r e seeding »

So has the player been who eye gouged been caught
or not ? If you ask me if it was intentional then the club
should face a serious fine and the player should do jail

Scumbags
hands away
Bookworm

Post by hands away »

was definitely the moving weekend for the title contenders, most of the leagues seem alot clearer now. Skerries are in a very strong position in 1a, and have nice fixtures to close it out. Cill dara look set to go straight back up in 1B and Portarlington will do the same in 2A.

relegation is still wide open though and i reckon wanderders will come down but skerries will go senior so will be one down and a playoff, i cant see monkstown making up 6 points so i think they are gone, so that points deduction seems to have been the end of them. Its between dundalk and garda for the playoff, with dundalk to end up in it i think.

in 1b, portlaoise revival seems too late. even though the teams above them arent winning, the gap was just too big. they need 3/3 to have any hope and with carlow away and cill dara looking to win the league, i dont think that is possible. between tullow and clondalkin for the playoff, and even though they are away, tullow will win sunday, and should be enough for them to stay up.

in 2a, WO lions are gone already, and is a pity to seem them fall so far. North kildare will be in the playoff with 2 away games they wont catch Clane.
Let the bears pay the bear tax!
banjo

Post by banjo »

1a weekend 21st/22nd jan predictions

skerries v dundalk home win with bp
monkstown v garda away win
tullamore v newbridge away win
coolmine v enniscorthy away win
red49
Knowledgeable

Post by red49 »

Boyne Rugby Football Club wish to confirm that the citation made by it on 13th December 2011 arising from the Boyne RFC v Highfield RFC match on 10th December 2011 has been withdrawn by Boyne RFC. While Boyne RFC originally believed there was sufficient evidence for the citing of a Highfield player, it now confirms that in the intervening period a review has taken place of additional evidence, including a high definition video provided by Highfield RFC, as a result of which Boyne RFC are satisfied that the Highfield player cited did not contribute in any way to the serious injury suffered by its player, Mr Eoin Collins. Boyne RFC would like to take this opportunity to apologise to the cited player for the distress and inconvenience which the citation has inevitably caused him and his Club.
Boyne RFC would like to take this opportunity to thank the IRFU and the officials of Highfield RFC for the professional manner in which this entire issue has been dealt with.
Boyne RFC and Highfield RFC would like to take this opportunity to wish the injured player, Eoin Collins, well.
Retired
was never late ref
Learner

Post by was never late ref »

So in plain English , Eoin Collins was
1. not gouged
2. or it can not be proved that he was gouged by a third party
3. or it can not be proved who gouged him ?
Surely the first one is easy to answer by the medics and the player, im guessing that if #1 is true , he did not gouge himself, after that its a matter of strength of evidence ...
"it was late in your opinion ref, personally i believe i hit him as soon as i could !!!! "
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Don't know the rules at Leinster League level but if it is the same as it is at International Level any citing has to be within (is it?) 48 hours of the game finishing. Rougerie got away with his gouge of McCaw in the RWC Final even though the video evidence was pretty damning solely because it came to light too late to cite him.

It would be slightly underhand (but entirely legal) if Highfield used their video to clear the player who was wrongly accused but only did so after the citing period had elapsed so the player guilty of the gouging could not be cited....

That's assuming there was a gouging. Is it possible the eye injury was entirely accidental?
Four Stars
hands away
Bookworm

Post by hands away »

does anyone know if teams are level on points, is it the same rules as last year?

could be wrong, but think they were;
1.number of wins overall
2. match points in the head to head.
3. points difference in the head to head.

think in the very unlikely event, if thats all level it went to overall tries or points?
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Just in case anyone is travelling to play Longford and are told to go to CPL Park!

Great to get such a quality sponsor.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/9481.php
hands away
Bookworm

Post by hands away »

congrats to skerries, get achievement, hope they go all the way now and go senior! had too much in key positions, and smartly targeted the league without over commiting to other competitions.
fair play to cill dara too, they never really ran away with the league but always looked most likely to win it. some bench too!

leagues far from over though, relegation still up in the air, and with wanderers and maybe suttonians struggling in AIL, i'd say theres managers all over the place looking over their shoulders! in one scenario i seen 6th is an automatic relegation so theres 4 in 1A and 5 teams in 1b still with a bit to do!

with current standings and remaining games i'd say, it will finish
1 up, 1 down in AIL, with no changes to current format, of 1 down and a playoff.
i reckon monkstown down, and dundalk to beat wicklow in a playoff.

at the other end of 1b, portlaois are gone, and tullow will end up in a playoff with roscrea, tullow are a fantastic cup side so can obviously do it for the 1 off games, so would fancy them too. 3 promoted sides to stay up, that must be a first!
David Reid
Learner

Post by David Reid »

What's the story with the play- off rumor has it there not clear cut and the main be an issue re who's in them
Failure can't handle perseverance