S

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

totalrandomer
Graduate

Re: S

Post by totalrandomer »

totalrandomer wrote:
johng wrote:
future international wrote:CBC game postponed to Feb 8th
Great.... You mean the CUS game of course :x

I haven't missed it then :)
CBC Monkstown 13; CUS 16 Was wondering why People had gone so quiet on this one....... Must be all CBC fans eh?

And by the way.... Woooo Hoooo!
CUS playing on Sunday the 26th v Killkenny in Donnybrook. Scene of their Vinnie Murray Cup win last May. Be there or be........otherwise engaged.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

totalrandomer wrote:CUS playing on Sunday the 26th v Killkenny in Donnybrook. Scene of their Vinnie Murray Cup win last May. Be there or be........otherwise engaged.
Ag-A-Lag-a-Gee!!!
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Mauler wrote:
totalrandomer wrote:CUS playing on Sunday the 26th v Killkenny in Donnybrook. Scene of their Vinnie Murray Cup win last May. Be there or be........otherwise engaged.
Ag-A-Lag-a-Gee!!!
Presume that's a good thing then? :)

Reckon I'll be there. Sunday kick off a good thing in this case. Better than a Wednesday.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Castleknock 8 Clongowes 34.

You wouldn't know it from the score but Castleknock gave it a proper lash and kept Clongowes scoreless for the first 27 minutes. Then Clongowes scored two tries in a minute and it was all she wrote.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Donny B. wrote:Castleknock 8 Clongowes 34.

You wouldn't know it from the score but Castleknock gave it a proper lash and kept Clongowes scoreless for the first 27 minutes. Then Clongowes scored two tries in a minute and it was all she wrote.
Just watching this game. Very odd to see the Clongowes 9 pack down at openside in a defensive scrum, with the 7 playing scrum-half. They still won it against the head.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
madridlion
Knowledgeable

Post by madridlion »

With Michael´s scraping through in replay against Roscrea in the easy half of the draw, it sounds like Clongowes with about 80 points in two games against Belvo and Knock, must be odds on to retain the cup.

Believe they went on warm weather training early in the season, seems to have worked.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

madridlion wrote:With Michael´s scraping through in replay against Roscrea in the easy half of the draw, it sounds like Clongowes with about 80 points in two games against Belvo and Knock, must be odds on to retain the cup.

Believe they went on warm weather training early in the season, seems to have worked.
They've gone training the last few years in Portugal and are looking more and more like a pro outfit, as Aidan McCullen was saying just watching their warm-up. Don't think Michaels will trouble them too much this season. Terenure might give them a game but you'd still fancy them to win by twenty points.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

madridlion wrote:Believe they went on warm weather training early in the season, seems to have worked.
I know people knock these sorts of camps for school boys and what not, but I say fair play to the lads and their families.

For a young lad to give up 2 weeks of his summer to train 3 times a day takes a lot of personal sacrifices when say your other mates are off on lads holidays, etc.

Many moons ago I was involved in swimming competitively and we used to go away warm weather training, in 50m pools because there were none here, in preparation for national championships. I for one know what its all about and it ain't no f%~king holiday when you're being beasted in the heat out in Club LaSanta
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
totalrandomer
Graduate

Post by totalrandomer »

johng wrote:
Mauler wrote:
Ag-A-Lag-a-Gee!!!
Presume that's a good thing then? :)

Reckon I'll be there. Sunday kick off a good thing in this case. Better than a Wednesday.
Anyone go? What was the score?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Terenure gave Clongowes one hell of a fright today. The grounding of the winning try looked well dodgy too. Felt sorry for Dardis missing that kick.
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

Terenure were robbed yesterday. There was a a blatant forward pass in the lead up to Clongowes winning try. Poor officiating. The young lads in Ternure's team must gave been very disappointed to say the least to lose to a dodgy try like that.
denzel
Learner

Post by denzel »

does anybody have any michaels injury updates? I heard the 8 and centre, both ireland player are injured. can any confirm this? thanks
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Thoroughly enjoyable game, cracking finish. Well done to St. Michael's.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Fantastic final and I'm delighted for Michaels who tackled their hearts out for the win. I know I've said it on here before but Dan Leavy could solve our number 7 problem for the Ireland team in a couple of years. Everything he did was pure class.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Donny B. wrote:Fantastic final and I'm delighted for Michaels who tackled their hearts out for the win. I know I've said it on here before but Dan Leavy could solve our number 7 problem for the Ireland team in a couple of years. Everything he did was pure class.
I assume he's already been signed up for the full academy, he was immense yesterday.
Leinster Lout
Graduate

Post by Leinster Lout »

Peter McKenna made the point in commentary, Leavy has the looks of a Warburton about him. He's very very good over the ball and potentially has the same kind of physique
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Donny B. wrote:Fantastic final and I'm delighted for Michaels who tackled their hearts out for the win. I know I've said it on here before but Dan Leavy could solve our number 7 problem for the Ireland team in a couple of years. Everything he did was pure class.
I would have no hesitation putting Leavy in the senior squad from day 1. He's that good. Most talented schools player in years (the Byrne bros not far behind, but need a bit of growing. McFarland also impressive, as is the Michaels 12). Leavy is special though.

Clongowes lost by having no quality halfbacks. Otherwise they were a very good team.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

jezzer wrote:
I would have no hesitation putting Leavy in the senior squad from day 1. He's that good. Most talented schools player in years (the Byrne bros not far behind, but need a bit of growing. McFarland also impressive, as is the Michaels 12). Leavy is special though.

Clongowes lost by having no quality halfbacks. Otherwise they were a very good team.
Might need a bit work on the strength and conditioning side of things first, but rugby wise, he's a special player
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

jezzer wrote: I would have no hesitation putting Leavy in the senior squad from day 1. He's that good. Most talented schools player in years (the Byrne bros not far behind, but need a bit of growing. McFarland also impressive, as is the Michaels 12). Leavy is special though.

Jaysus, you were raving about McQuaid after the Belvo match.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Excellent supplement in the IT today about the Schools Cup. Well worth picking up