J4 Rugby Metro League

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

uncle fester
Beginner

Re: J4 Rugby Metro League

Post by uncle fester »

Donny B. wrote:
In fairness wrote:Eh Donny? Maybe you didn't notice Mary's J4 b team also dropped out of the J4 cup!
From what Uncle Fester said, Marys weren't allowed to put two teams in the J4 cup for some reason.

However Marys did have a separate team in the J5 league and that should be the team competing in the J5 cup.
Sorry for the confusion. The "shenanigans" were internal club things, not branch related. Both Marys J4 teams were in the J4 cup in the end and both bowed out last weekend. The Marys team in the J5 cup is the team that has been competing in J5 all year (brand new team with mostly new players). They play the Normans in Kilkenny this weekend. Should be a good game.

I see the gick J5 all-stars also bowed out of the J4 cup last weekend too. Good job CYM! :happy clapper:
In fairness
Beginner

Post by In fairness »

Yes well done to CYM! And well done to Terenure J4 for beating the "Brown Stars"!! Amazing when shenanigans get discovered they become an internal Club thing, the Chairman should have advised them!!
uncle fester
Beginner

Post by uncle fester »

In fairness wrote:Yes well done to CYM! And well done to Terenure J4 for beating the "Brown Stars"!! Amazing when shenanigans get discovered they become an internal Club thing, the Chairman should have advised them!!
Are you being dense or trolling? The Leinster branch had nothing to do with only one of the two Marys J4 teams appearing in the initial draw.
The J5 team in the draw for the cup was the same J5 team that played in that league all year.
In fairness
Beginner

Post by In fairness »

Aw Uncle Fester, sorry if l upset you. I agree with you when you say the Shenanigans were internal club things not branch related, just questioned how you weren't advised on it. Great to see your J5s, who won 2 of their 14 league matches, win against a J4 team 41-0. I suppose it helps when all the higher junior teams and 21's are out of their cups, it must focus the minds!!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

To be fair the Kilkenny Normans are only in their second year in existence and it was daft putting them into J4 this season. Next season they should be in J5 where they'll hopefully have some chance. Tallaght seconds should be in J5 next season too if there's any sanity.
uncle fester
Beginner

Post by uncle fester »

In fairness wrote:Aw Uncle Fester, sorry if l upset you. I agree with you when you say the Shenanigans were internal club things not branch related, just questioned how you weren't advised on it. Great to see your J5s, who won 2 of their 14 league matches, win against a J4 team 41-0. I suppose it helps when all the higher junior teams and 21's are out of their cups, it must focus the minds!!
Normans won 0 from 13 and finished with a points difference of -315.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

I see Guinness won the Winters cup. Fair play to them over coming Barnhall.
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
uncle fester
Beginner

Post by uncle fester »

Great to see a junior club winning. :happy clapper: