pre release sale for Munster

Moderator: moderators

Leoslovechild
Mullet

pre release sale for Munster

Post by Leoslovechild »

Did anyone get word yet of where they are seated in the Aviva fior the Munster game.
I wanted to get extra tickets but have no idea where I am sitting with my season ticket
Any ideas?
awaaf
Bookworm

Re: pre release sale for Munster

Post by awaaf »

Hopefully they will keep us to the STH seats we have had up to this - you ar eright however some confirmation would be useful.
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Leisnter/Ticketmaster email wrote:Similar to last year's arrangements all Season Ticket holders will be transferred to seats in the upper and lower South Stand of the Stadium
It looks like we've to set up our groups again, right?
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Leoslovechild wrote:Did anyone get word yet of where they are seated in the Aviva fior the Munster game.
I wanted to get extra tickets but have no idea where I am sitting with my season ticket
Any ideas?
You won't be able to get extra tickets "with" your season ticket.....the only option as per the e mail today is to sit with other STH's by setting up a group and inviting people(existing STH's ) to join the group. Any extra tickets you buy in either the pre sale(ends tomorrow am) or the public sale cannot be "attached" to you Season ticket. I'd imagine it will be fairly close to match time before we're allocated out Season ticket seats for these games....
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
awaaf
Bookworm

Post by awaaf »

It really would have been very helpful if the groups previously setup (and the relevant location) could just be carried over.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

The 10am hour of power 10euro ticket sale started at 9 :? . Hats of TM. I just got some
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Le Duvet
Bookworm

Post by Le Duvet »

I went on TM at 10am exactly & they were all gone. Why did sale start at 9 instead of 10 as we'd been told!!??
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Can't wait to hear the PR on this! Yet another technical screw up by Leinster Rugby which will, no doubt, be blamed on their provider (who we all loathe).
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

I got some at 10am
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

meinster wrote:Can't wait to hear the PR on this! Yet another technical screw up by Leinster Rugby which will, no doubt, be blamed on their provider (who we all loathe).
leinster rugby wrote: For those of you wondering there was an error with Ticketmaster and some tickets were sold from 9am. As soon as we were made aware of this we topped up the Hour of Power for the 10am sale so there was still a full 1,000 tickets availble to everyone waiting to purchase at that time. Demand was unprecedented however and they sold out in record time.
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

meinster wrote:Can't wait to hear the PR on this! Yet another technical screw up by Leinster Rugby which will, no doubt, be blamed on their provider (who we all loathe).
Not sure it's a screw up. 1,000 tickets at a tenner each are going to be snapped up in seconds. It's a bit of a lottery whether you get in fast enough. I missed out as well, but am not surprised (or bothered).

IIRC last year there was far more €10 tickets available.

I hope LR don't regret not releasing more at this price - 50K tickets is a lot to sell for a Rabo game (even versus the cousins who are less of a draw now than they were a few years ago).
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

I have to laugh at some of the redonkulous over reaction to some posters on that DB thread. It's 1000 tickets to a rugby match where they'll flog 50000. Of course they are going to be gone in seconds. No doubt most people were buying multiples of 2, which means at most there would have been 500 transactions allowed. Then factor in the fact that most people will buy 4 or 8. You're talking about probably 100-150 transactions at most. No wonder they were gone in 30secs
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

deco wrote:
Not sure it's a screw up. 1,000 tickets at a tenner each are going to be snapped up in seconds. It's a bit of a lottery whether you get in fast enough. I missed out as well, but am not surprised (or bothered).

IIRC last year there was far more €10 tickets available.

I hope LR don't regret not releasing more at this price - 50K tickets is a lot to sell for a Rabo game (even versus the cousins who are less of a draw now than they were a few years ago).

It's a screw up when they advertise that the tickets are going on sale at 10am but actually go on sale from before 9am. I just happened to opened the link at 9 (just to have it open and be ready to hit refresh closer to 10) and already couple of hundred sold. By 9.40 only about 400 tickets left. The best of the bunch long gone.
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Darce wrote:I have to laugh at some of the redonkulous over reaction to some posters on that DB thread. It's 1000 tickets to a rugby match where they'll flog 50000. Of course they are going to be gone in seconds. No doubt most people were buying multiples of 2, which means at most there would have been 500 transactions allowed. Then factor in the fact that most people will buy 4 or 8. You're talking about probably 100-150 transactions at most. No wonder they were gone in 30secs
Dunno what DB thread is (and therefore whether or not you're referring to me). However 3 things:
1) It's easy for you to say so, given that you got tickets. You've been burnt by TicketMaster (and Leinster) before, and have been quite vocal at the time.
2) According to TM, there was a limit of 4 tickets. If eight were allowed, that's yet another screw up.
3) Even if it was 150 transactions (even allowing for 2) above, that still sounds very low to me), there's no way TicketMaster would handle that transaction traffic (as against web traffic) within the 1 minute waiting time. In fact any time there's any sort of reasonable demand, that 1-minute wait shoots up.

Anyway, the tickets are gone. There was yet another "Ooops" from LR/TM, and so it will continue. At least this time Leinster tried to remedy it.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

They said there was going to be 1000 tickets available from 10am - there was 1000 tickets available from 10am.

Supporters got what was advertised.

That extra ones went onsale at 9am is a problem for LR to take up with TM
Get in the f%~king bag.
awaaf
Bookworm

Post by awaaf »

I got 2 at 10ish.
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

meinster wrote:
Darce wrote:I have to laugh at some of the redonkulous over reaction to some posters on that DB thread. It's 1000 tickets to a rugby match where they'll flog 50000. Of course they are going to be gone in seconds. No doubt most people were buying multiples of 2, which means at most there would have been 500 transactions allowed. Then factor in the fact that most people will buy 4 or 8. You're talking about probably 100-150 transactions at most. No wonder they were gone in 30secs
Dunno what DB thread is (and therefore whether or not you're referring to me). However 3 things:
1) It's easy for you to say so, given that you got tickets. You've been burnt by TicketMaster (and Leinster) before, and have been quite vocal at the time.
2) According to TM, there was a limit of 4 tickets. If eight were allowed, that's yet another screw up.
3) Even if it was 150 transactions (even allowing for 2) above, that still sounds very low to me), there's no way TicketMaster would handle that transaction traffic (as against web traffic) within the 1 minute waiting time. In fact any time there's any sort of reasonable demand, that 1-minute wait shoots up.

Anyway, the tickets are gone. There was yet another "Ooops" from LR/TM, and so it will continue. At least this time Leinster tried to remedy it.
DB was a typo...I meant FB (Facebook)

1) It's nothing to do with me getting tickets or not. I understand the fact the one is taking pot luck trying to get these tickets and I never complain if I miss out. There were 1000 tickets on sale (I'm prepared to trust Leinster Rugby on this fact) at 10am as advertised. End of. Any complaints I have about TM are never to do with me missing out because of genuine high demand. I only ever genuinely complain about high charges or service outages. I've missed out plenty of times in HoP sales and others through no ones fault and I don't moan. Anything I do say will only be in disappointment rather than anything else

2) I've looked back over my emails from LR and TM and see no mention of an upper limit of 4 tickets per person. I'm willing to be corrected.

3) I see absolutely no reason why a global brand such as TM would not have a booking and payment processing engine with enough grunt to handle 150 simultaneous transactions. I'm quite confident they can actually.

As Slipper has said, if TM put tickets on sale at 9 it's their f%~k up, not LR's. LR stated that 1000 went on sale at 10 and I'm willing to trust LR because they've never given me reason to think they are underhanded like that.

Short of LR leaving TM, I'm not sure what people want them to do. Are there any other providers providing a better system that TM?
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
rpurfield
Beginner

Post by rpurfield »

where were the hour of power tickets for within the ground can anyone tell me?had to go into work for 8 instead of 12 today and left the purchase in the father in laws capable hands, i was wondering why he text me at 9.30 to say he had some got but wont tell me how much he paid because he thinks he owes me a favour when it comes to tickets!!he got east stand anyway i know that much
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

rpurfield wrote:where were the hour of power tickets for within the ground can anyone tell me?had to go into work for 8 instead of 12 today and left the purchase in the father in laws capable hands, i was wondering why he text me at 9.30 to say he had some got but wont tell me how much he paid because he thinks he owes me a favour when it comes to tickets!!he got east stand anyway i know that much
The HoP tickets were in sections 509 - 513. Think the 509 section is the one in the East stand. Tickets were 10euro plus 2euro service charge
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Have tickets been sent out for this game yet? I got my season tickets seats in the post today. But I bought four more for friends and had thought I had already received these, but they are not where I normally keep tickets. Worried now I got them and have put them somewhere stupid, but I might equally be imagining that it was those tickets I was already sent....
Four Stars