J5 League

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: J5 League

Post by Donny B. »

Leinsterman wrote:
Donny B. wrote: Yes. It's the pitch near the National Basketball Arena.

Thanks, just making sure for Saturday!
No worries. We're using the dressing rooms in Tallaght Community Schools so you can use their car park.
uncle fester
Beginner

Post by uncle fester »

So the Terenure "all stars" have walked yet another J5 league. Considering that both Marys & Malahide got bumped up to J4C this year, how on earth did Terenure manage to stay in J5, which is supposed to be a beginners/development league?

I see sense has prevailed for the cup draws and they've been put into the J4 cup. They'll probably win that...
uncle fester
Beginner

Post by uncle fester »

Cup time now.
Marys J5's beat the Normans 41-0 in Kilkenny. Normans are a good bunch of lads and it's only their second year of rugby so hope they come good in the J5 league next year.
DLSP look fairly strong this year (hammered Emerald Warriors on Sat) and they'll be at home to Clontarf for the semi.
uncle fester
Beginner

Post by uncle fester »

I see that DLSP were naughty boys and have been removed from the J5 cup final.
Clontarf will now play instead of them in a possible revenge match for last weekend's AIL game.
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

St.Marys 21 Clontarf 13 (after extra time 13 all).
uncle fester
Beginner

Post by uncle fester »

Great game. Lead changed hands five times.
A player from each team ended up in Vincents. Clontarf player was allowed to go home after a heavy belt on the head but don't think the Marys lad was so lucky.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

uncle fester wrote:So the Terenure "all stars" have walked yet another J5 league. Considering that both Marys & Malahide got bumped up to J4C this year, how on earth did Terenure manage to stay in J5, which is supposed to be a beginners/development league?
And they're back again. However I note that there's two Terenure teams in J4, so maybe this will actually be a proper J5 team?

http://sportsmanager.ie/cake/rugby/lein ... 6989/pool1
lummix
Graduate

Post by lummix »

What kind of standard in the j5? Is it all beginners or is it a mix of older lads playing social before retirement. Were entering a new team in the club in the league this year and have been asked to play, have played mainly provinicial seconds/j3/4 last couple of years., have played up to j1 before(I'm a long way from this now) that so just trying to figure out the standard before committing.
was never late ref
Learner

Post by was never late ref »

You have really answered the question yourself.....its a mix of

>quality over the hill previous 1st teamers
>new to the game recruits
>previously retired or nearly retired guys looking for a last hurray
> and then there is the senior clubs as mentioned above that dont field at j2 or j3 and suddenly end up with a dream team that walks the j5 league

however despite these mercenary clubs looking to ensure they get another pennant for their club wall , the league does include some great people and the fun element is very important ...

in short , go for it ...... you will be along time retired !!!
"it was late in your opinion ref, personally i believe i hit him as soon as i could !!!! "