Pubs to watch the games..

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

elfan
Knowledgeable

Re: Pubs to watch the games..

Post by elfan »

This is probably wrong thread but is there an y hope of getting the u 20s match ireland v england, in a pub this evening with euro 2012 kicking off? I'm talking about dublin city centre or dublin 15?
elfan
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

The Woolshed has so many TVs with so many different sports on at once, its probably your best bet. Probably without sound though.
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

elfan wrote:This is probably wrong thread but is there an y hope of getting the u 20s match ireland v england, in a pub this evening with euro 2012 kicking off? I'm talking about dublin city centre or dublin 15?

Give Myo's or Carpenter a ring
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
elfan
Knowledgeable

Post by elfan »

Scott wrote:
elfan wrote:This is probably wrong thread but is there an y hope of getting the u 20s match ireland v england, in a pub this evening with euro 2012 kicking off? I'm talking about dublin city centre or dublin 15?

Give Myo's or Carpenter a ring
Carpenter going to show it on one of tvs. Prob no sound. Thanks for that
elfan
QBer
Knowledgeable

Post by QBer »

A long shot, but does anyone know a pub in Cefalu, Sicily likely to show the Edinburgh match?

thanks
m0nks
Beginner

Post by m0nks »

Hi All,

Just moved to Galway City and was wondering if there was any good pubs in the locality where blow-ins, like myself, would go to watch Leinster games?
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Can anyone suggest a pub that would show the Ireland v South Africa game (at 9.30 am local time) in San Francisco?
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

CiaranIrl wrote:Can anyone suggest a pub that would show the Ireland v South Africa game (at 9.30 am local time) in San Francisco?
Ok, as good as the internet can provide is O'Reilly's. Their website says they open at 10am, but Yelp say they open from 9am.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

CiaranIrl wrote:Can anyone suggest a pub that would show the Ireland v South Africa game (at 9.30 am local time) in San Francisco?

Few year back, but watched a few matches here at some ungodly hours http://www.thekezarpub.com, good sports pub that should have an expat crowd for the rugby, near amobea records in haight ashbury, really cool area to check out especially if your new to the city

Just give them a shout to double check
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

R-Dog wrote:

Few year back, but watched a few matches here at some ungodly hours http://www.thekezarpub.com, good sports pub that should have an expat crowd for the rugby, near amobea records in haight ashbury, really cool area to check out especially if your new to the city

Just give them a shout to double check
+1. Kezar was recommended to me by someone that lives there for watching the all ireland final this year. Had checked all the "Irish" bars and none of them were opening for it.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Thanks for the suggestions all.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Donny B. wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Also, Smithwicks Pale Ale.
Dave the man is clearly only interested in something drinkable so stop wasting his time with that dishwater! :D
You still drinking the 14th best lager in Ireland? :wink:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

anyone know if the Garda Club show the matches?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Bernic
Beginner

Post by Bernic »

The New Inn pub in Brentford (West London) has always the rugby games on
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Anyone know of a pub in Lanzarote showing the Clermont game?
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

outcast eddie wrote:Anyone know of a pub in Lanzarote showing the Clermont game?
Where abouts? If Puerto del Carmen, then try Murphy's upstairs here http://goo.gl/maps/9lmdW and the place next door. Check a day or two in advance. The next block to the left has a big English bar upstairs with Sky Sports as well. There's a smaller English pub down in the old town (past the big shopping centre, down closer to the pier). Can't find it on maps, but they had Sky Sports as well; a small quiet enough bar (but nice & friendly).

This place http://goo.gl/maps/Xrba9 had Sky Sports one time, but not the second time (and I can't remember which order it was in). I know they were very friendly & told me where to go to watch a match the time they didn't have SS. It's a bit of a kip (and food was poor enough), but they were friendly enough.

Stayed back towards the airport one time (much quieter part of the island) and ended up getting a bus back to PdC to watch a game. There's a small bar in at the back (furthest from beach side) of this small centre http://goo.gl/maps/pcr45 that I watched an Irish-related match. I honestly can't remember what the match was, though, so I wouldn't rely on it being SS (rather than RTÉ).

A couple of choices in PdC (all within a 10-15 minute walk of each other) anyway, so it'd be down to a schedule clash with soccer.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

outcast eddie wrote:Anyone know of a pub in Lanzarote showing the Clermont game?
If in Playa Blanca I would be astonished if the irish Anvil near the commercial port was not showing it.

http://www.irishanvilbar.com/index.html
Four Stars
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Thanks Lar and Meinster I'll give those a go.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
crash_000
Learner

Post by crash_000 »

Hey folks, just wondering if anyones got a pub recommendation for Kuala Lumpur for the Exeter game?

Thanks!
SanFranLeeroy

Kezar Pub Announced as Pub to watch Match this saturday

Post by SanFranLeeroy »

I am cordially inviting all supporters to the Kezar Pub near Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. Kick off 10am. Snow permitting! Allez le bleu