Is it all over ?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Re: Is it all over ?

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Donny B. wrote:Boys and girls it's time to ask ourselves are we supporters or just fans?

Easy to be a "fan" of something successful when it's all going well.

But to be a supporter, you turn up and support no matter what, even if things aren't going great.

You don't turn up "to be entertained" or "for a fun day out" you turn up because you bloody well NEED to. You turn up cause you want to see the players from your province play and succeed and you'd be sick if you missed it. You turn up because that's what real fans do, they turn up!!

If we hit a bad patch and the cups dry up for a while, it will hurt like hell but the real supporters will still be there every second week, they might moan and bitch afterwards but they'll be there...

The fans though will move on to something else that flickers brightly and catches their fickle attention. Leave them go.....

Decide who you want to be!!

A "fan" of team (as long as it's winning) or a true supporter, there through the thick and the thin?
Well why don't you just fock off to LeinsterSupporters.com? :wink:
A proud Winsome Fluter
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Boys and girls it's time to ask ourselves are we supporters or just fans?

But to be a supporter, you turn up and support no matter what, even if things aren't going great.

You don't turn up "to be entertained" or "for a fun day out" you turn up because you bloody well NEED to. You turn up cause you want to see the players from your province play and succeed and you'd be sick if you missed it. You turn up because that's what real fans do, they turn up!!

If we hit a bad patch and the cups dry up for a while, it will hurt like hell but the real supporters will still be there every second week, they might moan and bitch afterwards but they'll be there...

The fans though will move on to something else that flickers brightly and catches their fickle attention. Leave them go.....

A "fan" of team (as long as it's winning) or a true supporter, there through the thick and the thin?
:lol: :lol:
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:

I'm in the process of setting it up now and the likes of you won't be allowed to join either!!! 8)
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Donny B. wrote: I'm in the process of setting it up now and the likes of you won't be allowed to join either!!! 8)
Take janeymac. Thanks.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

johng wrote::( I just can't decide who I want to support now. I would support Clermont but they are cheese eating surrender monkeys, and the travel would be difficult.

Perhaps Ulster? But they are black hearted protestant ba$tards and unsure if they are Irish or not.

Travel would be handier though....... Yeah. Ulster.
Haven't heard that "cheese eating surrender monkeys" thingee for a long time.
Remind us of it's context and origin if you can!
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LastKnight
Learner

Post by LastKnight »

Oldschool wrote:
johng wrote::( I just can't decide who I want to support now. I would support Clermont but they are cheese eating surrender monkeys, and the travel would be difficult.

Perhaps Ulster? But they are black hearted protestant ba$tards and unsure if they are Irish or not.

Travel would be handier though....... Yeah. Ulster.
Haven't heard that "cheese eating surrender monkeys" thingee for a long time.
Remind us of it's context and origin if you can!
Attributed to this man in 1995.

I'm sure I heard it before that. :wink:
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Simpsons.

http://boingboing.net/2012/12/22/520hp-vw-bus.html

It kind of annoys me because it just shows Merkins have no knowledge of history. European history is 1,000+ years of aggressive militaristic France. WWI France destroyed itself to stop Germany much like Russia did in WWII. Merkins had f%~k all to do with either. Saved Western Europe from the red army though. There was nothing else stopping them from rolling on till they hit the sea. And then getting on boats.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

ronk wrote:
Donny B. wrote: I'm in the process of setting it up now and the likes of you won't be allowed to join either!!! 8)
Take janeymac. Thanks.
I've taken janeymac into a virtual forest in the middle of the virtual night several times but the fecker always finds his way back here somehow.....
rooster
Seán Cronin

Is it all over ?

Post by rooster »

Lighten up a bit lads, you have been top of the tree and the envy of every team and supporter in Europe over the past few years, things might look grim at present but it won't be long till it all gets back on track again.
Now when I say not long I mean perhaps not this season but you can be sure it will come back round sooner than later, some of your squad is getting on and getting tired other young lads have been used to being on a winning side each week and need to feel the pain of a few losses, long term it will do them good. You were on a tough assignment this week as the Ulster side were still hurting since Twickenham and I know for a fact some of those players have been working on revenge from that day and a loss on Friday would have hit worse than the previous weeks loss to Saints, if Leinster had moved up a gear they would also.
End of the day I won't be remotely surprised if you win the next 2 HEC matches and qualify to go and hand Clermont their arses on a plate in the quarter finals, if not go win the Amlin get some of the young players big match experience and hit the ground running again next season.

Always remember there are a lot worse things happen than a team losing a few matches, keep safe and a very happy Christmas to one and all and many more of them.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

rooster wrote:Lighten up a bit lads, you have been top of the tree and the envy of every team and supporter in Europe over the past few years, things might look grim at present but it won't be long till it all gets back on track again.
Now when I say not long I mean perhaps not this season but you can be sure it will come back round sooner than later, some of your squad is getting on and getting tired other young lads have been used to being on a winning side each week and need to feel the pain of a few losses, long term it will do them good. You were on a tough assignment this week as the Ulster side were still hurting since Twickenham and I know for a fact some of those players have been working on revenge from that day and a loss on Friday would have hit worse than the previous weeks loss to Saints, if Leinster had moved up a gear they would also.
End of the day I won't be remotely surprised if you win the next 2 HEC matches and qualify to go and hand Clermont their arses on a plate in the quarter finals, if not go win the Amlin get some of the young players big match experience and hit the ground running again next season.

Always remember there are a lot worse things happen than a team losing a few matches, keep safe and a very happy Christmas to one and all and many more of them.
Wise words Rooster, happy Christmas to you and all your people!
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

fourthirtythree wrote:Simpsons.

It kind of annoys me because it just shows Merkins have no knowledge of history. European history is 1,000+ years of aggressive militaristic France. WWI France destroyed itself to stop Germany much like Russia did in WWII. Merkins had f%~k all to do with either. Saved Western Europe from the red army though. There was nothing else stopping them from rolling on till they hit the sea. And then getting on boats.
They also seem to be completely ignorant of the role of the French in securing American independence. It wasn't just Mel Gibson and his merry men.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
LastKnight
Learner

Post by LastKnight »

Broken Wing wrote:

They also seem to be completely ignorant of the role of the French in securing American independence. It wasn't just Mel Gibson and his merry men.
No, I saw the movie. Gerard Depardieu definitely got credit for helping Mel. :lol:

I was in South Western France for the summer and the local village was Salies de Bearne. WWI memorial and my God does it bring home just the price France paid. Dozens and dozens of names from a small village. Verdun was a slaughter.
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

rooster wrote:Lighten up a bit lads, you have been top of the tree and the envy of every team and supporter in Europe over the past few years, things might look grim at present but it won't be long till it all gets back on track again.
True. The hysterics are hilarious.

Rooster wrote: End of the day I won't be remotely surprised if you win the next 2 HEC matches and qualify to go and hand Clermont their arses on a plate in the quarter finals,
My sentiments exactly, although some of our fans hearts couldn't take another meeting with Clermont. I'd say the congragulations thread would be up at half time no doubt :?
Rooster wrote: Always remember there are a lot worse things happen than a team losing a few matches, keep safe and a very happy Christmas to one and all and many more of them.
Agreed, and likewise to yourself.
3 Gold Stars
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Merry Christmas Rooster and an early :wink: Prosperous New Year
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

What's this now? Pubic wigs have no knowledge of history? Have you been on the sherry?
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Jeez is this thread a bit OTT? Watching the game again I thought we were pretty decent. Ulster are just a very good team at the moment, the best in Ireland and deservedly the best in the Pro12. We forced things, they were patient, so what?
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

+1

All this reaction to the Ulster result is a bit much. They got a penalty try to go into the lead after we lead for almost all of the first half and a couple of errors gifted them their other scores. I know we haven't been playing well but it's not like we're out of the running for trophies just yet.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

AdamK wrote:Jeez is this thread a bit OTT? Watching the game again I thought we were pretty decent. Ulster are just a very good team at the moment, the best in Ireland and deservedly the best in the Pro12. We forced things, they were patient, so what?
The fact that they made almost twice as many tackles as Leinster and we made significantly more yardage with the ball in hand indicates that we were a lot more in the game than one might think. They conceded multiple penalties in and around their 22 to try and prevent us getting a foothold which worked, in fairness to them. Henry and Best were complete nuisances in terms of slowing things down. Best in particular had one great one in the first half where he lay, fully stretched on the 22, interfering with the ball and his own team mate had to grab his legs and drag him back before he was pinged.

We just had a very high error rate at the set piece and our handling let us down a number of times. No need to press the panic button whatsoever. A bit more cohesion and bite and we'll be fine. Bring on the Scarlets for the backlash.
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Defo agree Ceemec. Thing is if Ulster do us a favour and beat Munster next week and we do the deed against Connacht we'll be in a very, very good position in the league. What's the panic all about? :P
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

Our tight five is the problem. You can't do anything without that functioning. More specifically, second row is the issue. Leo buggered, Toner not up to it. Look at every team that plays well with the ball in hand....they have a rough second row pairing. Get that sorted and we get go forward, start controlling the rucks, winning line-outs and x,y & z fall into place. Also, having the following back will help...SOB, BOD, RK, DK, LF, RS.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."