Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

SCG
Bookworm

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Post by SCG »

Great performance by Ireland in Abu Dhabi over the last two weeks :happy clapper: . Unbeaten, won the competition and qualified for World 20-20 next year with a good chance of causing some upsets among the big boys.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Watching TJ out there really made me realise we're gonna miss him. Absolute trail blazer in his own time
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Darce wrote:Watching TJ out there really made me realise we're gonna miss him. Absolute trail blazer in his own time
Surprised he's not gonna stay on for the T20 WC in Bangladesh.

The team is being streamed live on Youtube at the moment for the Intercontinental Cup Final. (4 Day competition, 5 day in the final).

http://www.cricketireland.ie/news/artic ... day-3-live

Ireland have set Afghanistan 347 to win, Trent has taken an early wicket. We should win from here. Incredibly how dominant Ireland are at this level.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
SCG
Bookworm

Post by SCG »

A great win for Ireland. Afghanistan hung on for a good while but the John Mooney made his mark with the new ball - well-deserved Man of the Match. That's all three titles for Ireland this year :D :D :D

ICC live streaming was excellent.

TJ will be missed!
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

SCG wrote:A great win for Ireland. Afghanistan hung on for a good while but the John Mooney made his mark with the new ball - well-deserved Man of the Match. That's all three titles for Ireland this year :D :D :D

TJ will be missed!
Magnificent performance..........Mooney brilliant bowling with a ten wicket haul...what a cricketer he is.
Best wishes to Trent Johnston on his retirement, he played a major part in our international progress over the past decade. :clap:
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

nelly the elephant wrote:
SCG wrote:A great win for Ireland. Afghanistan hung on for a good while but the John Mooney made his mark with the new ball - well-deserved Man of the Match. That's all three titles for Ireland this year :D :D :D

TJ will be missed!
Magnificent performance..........Mooney brilliant bowling with a ten wicket haul...what a cricketer he is.
Best wishes to Trent Johnston on his retirement, he played a major part in our international progress over the past decade. :clap:
Hard to fathom how John Mooney has never picked up any sort of county contract. He is a top performer with bat and ball.

Well done Ireland - what a steely team they are.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Sensational new ball spell from Mooney.

I'd imagine counties have sniffed at him before but I gather he is a bit of a homebird.

I think they may press harder. He's had a great year, tweets aside..
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Darce wrote:Sensational new ball spell from Mooney.

I'd imagine counties have sniffed at him before but I gather he is a bit of a homebird.

Well he has a nice Irish contract at the moment but on the strength of his performances this season I would not be surprised if counties were sniffing.

The infamous tweets would probably imply that he'd tell the English County B**tards to stuff their contract though!
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

simonno6 wrote:
Darce wrote:Sensational new ball spell from Mooney.

Well he has a nice Irish contract at the moment but on the strength of his performances this season I would not be surprised if counties were sniffing.

The infamous tweets would probably imply that he'd tell the English County B**tards to stuff their contract though!
Feckin Northsiders! :roll: :wink: :lol:
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Great result for Ireland against the Windies, another scalp for the green belt!

Things brewing up nicely for later this year.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Great achievement - Sabina park brings home the bacon again. Considering the tour to this point hasn't been great with a few defeats to regional sides it is amazing to beat the world champions in their own back yard (and at full strength).

Jezzer, things brewing nicely for the World T20 in March :D !
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

simonno6 wrote:Great achievement - Sabina park brings home the bacon again. Considering the tour to this point hasn't been great with a few defeats to regional sides it is amazing to beat the world champions in their own back yard (and at full strength).

We didn't exactly set the world alight with the bat either last night
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Darce wrote:
simonno6 wrote:Great achievement - Sabina park brings home the bacon again. Considering the tour to this point hasn't been great with a few defeats to regional sides it is amazing to beat the world champions in their own back yard (and at full strength).

It wasn't required. We needed 5.5 an over to beat the West Indies at home and lost two early wickets. They were measured in their chase and rightly so. A T20 win with 5 balls to spare and 6 wickets in hand is a comprehensive victory.
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

simonno6 wrote:
Darce wrote:

It wasn't required. We needed 5.5 an over to beat the West Indies at home and lost two early wickets. They were measured in their chase and rightly so. A T20 win with 5 balls to spare and 6 wickets in hand is a comprehensive victory.
Top order for the most part didn't perform. Yes Joyce was measured but one would expect openers to contribute more
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Darce wrote:
simonno6 wrote:
Darce wrote:
Top order for the most part didn't perform. Yes Joyce was measured but one would expect openers to contribute more
The openers would have been told to have a cut (I don't think Stirlo can play any other way!) - and they got out. The two games before Stirling hit a rapid 77 and 40 odd. With his particular style of play, you have to embrace the fact that some days it will come off and you win the game and some days he'll edge behind for nought.

Once 12-2, when you're chasing an ODI run rate over 20 overs you slow down and ensure the comfortable win. Perfect tactics from Simmons, great performance from the bowlers to keep the total so low and excellent composure from Joyce and Poytner to finish it off.
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

My point is, is there is more to come from this team
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Darce wrote:

Riiiiiighhhht, I thought it was in May....
Fred Funk
Mullet

Post by Fred Funk »

2 from 2, win on Friday v the Dutch and we will get 4 proper games including England
COYBIG!
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Really good performance from the lads so far.

Any hurdle the ICC put up in our way we smash through. This pre-lim stage was designed to allow Zim and Bangla to progress to the Super 10 and stop any associates turning up and ruining their fun.

Best of luck to them tomorrow!
Fred Funk
Mullet

Post by Fred Funk »

simonno6 wrote:Really good performance from the lads so far.

Any hurdle the ICC put up in our way we smash through. This pre-lim stage was designed to allow Zim and Bangla to progress to the Super 10 and stop any associates turning up and ruining their fun.

Best of luck to them tomorrow!
Hmm, you were partly right, just proves that if you have a real cut at it in Twenty-20 anything can happen.