AIL club transfer - UBL eligibility

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

amcd91

AIL club transfer - UBL eligibility

Post by amcd91 »

Hi there,

Wondering if someone can help with with the regulations regarding a transfer to an AIL club. Looking to move club for the forthcoming season, I didn't feature in any Ulster Bank League games last season due to injury and only played in the shield/plate competition at the beginning of the year before picking up a knee injury. As I didn't feature in any UBL game I'm almost positive I can move freely next season and be eligible to play in the UBL competition, but do I have to declare for club before a certain date? Or can I move to a club later in the summer period and still be eligible to feature in the UBL? Thanks!!
RuPi
Beginner

Re: AIL club transfer - UBL eligibility

Post by RuPi »

Without your clubs permission you have to move before the 1st June, you can move after the 1st June but I think you need your club to agree a release and a bit more paper work.
ormond lad
Graduate

Post by ormond lad »

amcd91 wrote:Hi there,

Wondering if someone can help with with the regulations regarding a transfer to an AIL club. Looking to move club for the forthcoming season, I didn't feature in any Ulster Bank League games last season due to injury and only played in the shield/plate competition at the beginning of the year before picking up a knee injury. As I didn't feature in any UBL game I'm almost positive I can move freely next season and be eligible to play in the UBL competition, but do I have to declare for club before a certain date? Or can I move to a club later in the summer period and still be eligible to feature in the UBL? Thanks!!
You can move up to June 1st from AIL club to another without looking for permission from your club but ideally it should be sought regardless of level played. After this you need your club to agree to the transfer
amcd91

Post by amcd91 »

Thanks for the reply gents, much appreciated! At this stage it looks as if I'll be needed permission from my current club :/