Which Club in Dublin for a French rugby player ??

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

FrenchExpat

Which Club in Dublin for a French rugby player ??

Post by FrenchExpat »

Hi everyone !

First at all, excuse me for my english. I'm not bilingual and i know that i make a lot of mistake but don't judge me, i'll do my best !

So, as my Login says, i'm French. I'm currently studying Business International in France and i'll continue my curricula in Dublin Business School from August, this year. I will do a Bachelor in Management.
So, why am I here ?

I'm a rugby player too ! And i'm looking for a club in Dublin. That's why i am here. I don't really know Ireland, specially Dublin (I was one time when i was 10). And i want to be the most prepared before my coming.
I'm 20 and I have some experience of rugby High Level, i played 2years in South of France, in BEZIERS, who is one of the five best training center in France. So i would try to practice rugby in the best level i could while my courses.

As Leinster fan, and maybe Dubliner, do you know club in Dublin who could interested by the arrivals of a French Rugby player ? I also would know if the is some "detection" for new player ? or test ?

Many thanks in advance.

P.s : one more time, sorry for my english ! :oops:
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Re: Which Club in Dublin for a French rugby player ??

Post by RoboProp »

Where are you living? Studying? I'm sure most people would say their own club. Probably best to go with a club near you or your college one... or alternatively go with Wanderers :D

sorry just re read that and saw you're studying in DBS
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

I think it depends on where you will end up living as to what club you chose, there are plenty on both the Northside & Southside of the city.
Get in the f%~king bag.
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

Come to Lansdowne. We always welcome new players from all over the world. We've had a number of French players join in the last few years at different levels and they've all enjoyed the club atmosphere and won trophies. :wink: :wink:

http://www.lansdownerugby.com
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Copper Face Jacks. No contest.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
FrenchExpat

Post by FrenchExpat »

Hi ! And thank you for answers.

As i said before, i will go to DBS. But i don't know yet where i will live in Dublin. One of the solutions should be a flat share in center, near my University and not far away the club. And the best solution could be flat share with a rugbyman, who can be student too ! I'm here to learn, to share and to discover new country, people and tradition. So i think flat share with a Dubliner or a Irish will be very beneficial for me, and for my english !

Gleesonisgod, i was on the website, it's really interesting ! Maybe do you know someone who could answer me ? telephone number or email address ? There is some informations on the website but i prefer have a direct contact.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Your English is excellent. Certainly far better than my French. :)
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
chapster

Post by chapster »

Salut,

Si ce n'est pas venu trop tard pour le long Wanderers.

Nous sommes situés sur Merrion Road à Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, et nous avons un couple de joueurs français déjà.

Notre email est wanderersjuniorsquad@outlook.ie si vous souhaitez plus d'informations.