"Doping" in rugby?

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Re: "Doping" in rugby?

Post by the spoofer »

leinster4life13 wrote:
Tricky Dicky wrote:@ Leinster4life13, just out of interest, could we get a run-down of everything you're on while training?
In light of the legal status of AAS in Ireland and their ban by most sports authorities I wouldn't use AAS whilst training or without a prescription from my Dr, but a friend of a friend would. He would start in April with 6 weeks at 750mg of test e which would ensure his system is 100% clean by August. Two weeks after he stopped test, he would pin 500iu of HGC every three days for 8 shots. PCT would be lots of Vit D(from natural sources as well as supplements) and Vit E, combined with clomid at 50mg every twelve hours for 30 days and nolvadex at 20 mg a day for 40 days. All of that is useless without the right diet and training programming however, a person could be a walking chemistry lab yet if their diet and training is not correct, they would basically be wasting their time.

None of the above should be construed as advice or an admission on my part in any case, it is an entirely hypothetical scenario of what a friend of a friend might do.
Either you are a professional player and feel that doping is justified because you believe "everyone is doing it" or else you are an amateur and are simply a pathetic cheat. Either way you should stick to body building and leave rugby.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

I think this thread has descended to depths that merit it being locked.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

offshorerules wrote:I think this thread has descended to depths that merit it being locked.
So when one person who actually has first hand experience speaks up, we should lock the thread?

Fair enough, he's glorifying cheating but its an important discussion nonetheless.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

It's worse than that. He's encouraging it. Sorry I find his attitude deeply offensive. I've young kids that want to play sport. I guess that's influencing me.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

offshorerules wrote:It's worse than that. He's encouraging it. Sorry I find his attitude deeply offensive. I've young kids that want to play sport. I guess that's influencing me.
He's fairly c~*k sure even if he's yet to have one person agree with him. But I think it'd be wrong to lock a thread because we don't like the answers to the questions asked.
Daniel Sullivan
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

offshorerules wrote:It's worse than that. He's encouraging it. Sorry I find his attitude deeply offensive. I've young kids that want to play sport. I guess that's influencing me.
I dont think my stance is "glorifying doping", I am merely pointing out the realities of pro sports and what it takes to be a top class athlete.You dont want to believe, sub ten second times, drug fuelled olympic records being blitzed, 300+pound NFL offensive linemen moving like 180 pound men, football players running 13k over twice a week etc, all come from the tip of a needle, that's your choice, but, its ignoring reality. Paul Kimmage was on "off the ball" and he mentioned, in passing, that a Dr ,"who was passing out needles to cyclists in the 80's/90's" was working with teams at the world cup, I'm sure its all vitamins though, right?

Your stance is literally that of Helen Lovejoy, nothing worse than someone who uses kids(that they are supposed to be raising at that) as a shield for issues that make them uncomfortable. I learned the reality when I was 18.5 after 3.5/4 years of training,, before that I was ignorant and thought nothing of doping, it literally was not in my lexicon, or on my mind.
the spoofer wrote:
Either you are a professional player and feel that doping is justified because you believe "everyone is doing it" or else you are an amateur and are simply a pathetic cheat. Either way you should stick to body building and leave rugby.
You obviously know nothing about pro sports, every(hyperbole alert, I cant speak for them, but use your brain) top level athlete, trainer knows the score. As for bodybuilding ,no thanks, I train for athletic performance not a subjective "beauty" contest. For the record I think all the anti doping money should be spent policing the lower levels/amateur and age grade rugby, its necessary in pro sports, utterly pointless if you are a weekend warrior.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

You are encouraging cheating. It's as simple as that. Condoning it is as bad as cheating itself. Not something that we should ever accept from professional sports people. I know it's going on but I don't accept that it's right. Only an idiot would.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

leinster4life13 wrote: its necessary in pro sports, utterly pointless if you are a weekend warrior.
So you're a pro sports person then?
Daniel Sullivan
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

It's a fascinating thread since it attracted a pro drug proseletyser. When a journalist plunders this for an article can they please take note of how that person conforms to the stereotypes from the literature in cherry picking studies, disregarding those that contradict their beliefs, believing that they are more scientifically literate than anybody who disagrees with them ( as they have no personal experience, as if that was scientific), while constantly misusing scientific terms such as "control", or "anecdotal"...

Full text available on request.

By the way anyone notice that the poster boy for Dr, Ferrari, who apparently administers this stuff scientifically, is a sociopath with rage issues? You say anecdotal, I say triangulated observational data.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

From the BEEB, right pair of dopes.
Two former rugby internationals, New Zealander Ali Williams and Australian James O'Connor, have been arrested in Paris on drugs charges.

The pair were caught buying cocaine near the Champs Elysees avenue at around 03:00 (02:00 GMT) on Saturday morning, police sources said.

Williams, 35, plays for Racing 92 and O'Connor, 26, is at Toulon.

Last October two other New Zealanders playing for Racing 92 were cleared of doping charges.

The side are current champions of French rugby.

Two dealers are also in custody.

Racing 92 said in a statement (in French) that it had suspended Williams "temporarily".

"If the investigation confirmed the possession of cocaine and the transaction, it would not only be against the law but also a serious breach of our ethics," the club said.

Williams earned 77 New Zealand caps between 2002 and 2012.

O'Connor has made 44 appearances for Australia between 2008 and 2013
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!